Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 14/1/14 21z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

The GFS is always progressive on any run compared to other models, But if you look very carefully it was the UKMO that was showing, it's also been the best model by far this Winter.

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Been away for most of the week, hoping to return to something like winter approaching. Nope, rain and some cooler days with the potential of some front-edge snow mixed in. Woeful, the pathetic winter continues.

Posted

The GFS is always progressive on any run compared to other models, But if you look very carefully it was the UKMO that was showing, it's also been the best model by far this Winter.

UKMO's updated output also has the low crashing through unfortunately, not as quickly as the GFS but it's going to take a pretty big upgrade with Wednesday's low undercutting and diving a lot lot further south to stand a chance, here's hoping the ECM is an improvement.

Posted

Cold and dry for the next two days and foggy nights, days for some and where the fog does linger temps could stay around freezing.

Could be interesting, You never know it may feel like proper winter.

Posted

Those relentless gales we had seem like they happened ages ago now...bit of a lull welcomed by many I think.

From a hopecasting point of view lol...Next Fri daytime a cutting easterly sets in with temps hovering around 3-5C, windchill nearer -1C..mainly clear eve so temps slowly drop away closer to freezing before cloud invades. Winds increase, east/southeasterly as fronts nudge in, initially rain turns to sleet then some wet snow, higher ground no doubt fairing better re accumulation.

2 inches by dawn Posted Image the snowfields keeping temps down as the biting easterly swings more north-easterly. Occasional grauple showers arrive, clearing later as a moderate frost sets in. Temps hover around -2C before more cloud thickens from the NE. Heavy snow showers ganging up on the east coast, gradually start to push inland on a stronger east to northeast flow, local falls of up to 8cm, snow showers quite frequent at times before clearing overnight as winds fall, leading to a sharp frost.

If that happens double lol I'll let you all know haha....

If that does happen... I'll take on the red sauce but not the hat & gloves, i would prefer egg curry, methinks Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Cold and dry for the next two days and foggy nights and days for some and where the fog does linger temps could stay around freezing.

Could be interesting, You never know it may feel like proper winter.

Yeah does look cold tomorrow, before a horrendous washout on tuesday, why cant the rain move through at night

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Awful, awful, awful 12z. 

I hope the summer is wet and super duper for all those mildies lapping up the crap winter... Posted Image

Posted

Yeah does look cold tomorrow, before a horrendous washout on tuesday, why cant the rain move through at night

Don't know what forecast you watching, But theres no washout on tuesday, during Tuesday night if you like that sought of thing maybe, But thats what you wanted....

Happy days or nights evenPosted Image

Posted

Don't know what forecast your watching, But theres no washout on tuesday, during Tuesday night if you like that sought of thing maybe, But thats what you wanted....

Happy days or nights evenPosted Image

feel models are not being progressive enough, bbc says starting dry with rain soon spreading in from the west, seems to mean rain arriving early on say 9-10am

yesterday said, tuesday dry with rain arriving in the evening

Posted

feel models are not being progressive enough, bbc says starting dry with rain soon spreading in from the west, seems to mean rain arriving early on say 9-10am

yesterday said, tuesday dry with rain arriving in the evening

Even your beloved GFS on the 12z run as it coming in Tuesday evening, You made me chuckle thoughPosted Image  You just said "feel models are not being progressive enough"

You can't get more progressive than the GFS Posted Image

Posted

Even your beloved GFS on the 12z run as it coming in Tuesday evening, You made me chuckle thoughPosted Image  You just said "feel models are not being progressive enough"

You can't get more progressive than the GFS Posted Image

on 00Z's will show it moving through earlier, bbc charts show a front ahead of the main front, Fax charts show it but dying out

Posted

Just had the gritter go down the road, random?? bits of cloud rolling in from the west so not falling below 3c here thus far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Fog, Thunderstorms

Some pretty dense fog on the NAE this evening for 9am tomorrow morning:

Posted Image

Would be nice to get a bit of freezing fog this winter as well, surely it isn't too much to ask for...?  Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Same here, clear, 1.2c, quite frosty though. Love them foggy days that linger and especially if its freezing all day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

DWW...

Just beat me to it.

I have been recording -1.0C here in my back garden (fairly rural) for about an hour.

Frost is on cars and roads around here.

MIA.

Posted

DWW...

Just beat me to it.

I have been recording -1.0C here in my back garden (fairly rural) for about an hour.

Frost is on cars and roads around here.

MIA.

Birmingham Airport is the same -1c (fairly rural) as well..... They did say that out in the sticks, it could get as low as -3c tonight.

Posted

It was certainly very frosty when I popped out for a quick walk at about ten o'clock. A beautiful clear night, and not a breath of wind.

Currently 0.2c, although just over an hour ago we'd dropped to -0.8c

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Blimey, it's come to something when the most exciting thing that's happened to us is a slight frost :/ I mean, what's the point of January with no snow and ice!

Has someone forgotten to put 10p in the winter-meter.......?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Fog too!??? Yes I know, pretty hard to grasp, in Jan hehe...Friday night main talking point...LP v HP round 1 :)

Yes, I shall be glued to the Model Output Discussion over the next few days.Shan't understand a word, but will be glued non the less!
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

Cars, paths and the island outside are covered in the white stuff... ... ... sadly only frost, but hey-ho. Cold and chilly at the moment.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A cold icy morning with Fog and a moderate ground frost, low temp -2.9c

Temp -2.7c

Dp -0.7c

Wind Chill -0.2c  S/W 0mph

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm
Lowest here was at 7am, when I tottled down the shop. It was lovely! (Do enjoy frosty mornings when there's hardly a breeze)

7am: -2.3°C // 1004mb // 0.7mph (W)
  • Like 1

Posted

Yes Dale nice and calm here to, almost no wind at all. The Fog is starting to get thicker now creating lots of Hoar.