Sign in to follow this  
stewfox

Internet explorer not working

I cant connect to the internet via internet explorer

It says

"""Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience"

Happen for a week now

I have done a virus scan its come up with nothing.

I can get on the internet via google Chrome but I don't like that and I have over 100 favorites stored via internet explorer route

Any ideas ?

I cant connect to the internet via internet explorerIt says"""Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"Happen for a week nowI have done a virus scan its come up with nothing.I can get on the internet via google Chrome but I don't like that and I have over 100 favorites stored via internet explorer routeAny ideas ?

There's various things to try but they depend on your version of windows and internet explorer, personally, I would try a system restore going back ten days or something?It is possible to export your bookmarks from IE to another browser. :) Edited by Mapantz

I cant connect to the internet via internet explorer

It says

"""Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience"

Happen for a week now

I have done a virus scan its come up with nothing.

I can get on the internet via google Chrome but I don't like that and I have over 100 favorites stored via internet explorer route

Any ideas ?

Have you tried the Opera browser? one of the browsers I use is this one and it's options are very good. Can transfer your bookmarks and favs over to the Google. Update Internet explorer through Google as a download through Microsoft also go to there website tech center ask for help. Can diagnose problems with the connections. It's an issue with IE. 

Import favourites/bookmarks from IE to GC
1 - load up google chrome 
2 - click settings tab (top right has 3 lines in it)
4 - click on settings in the list
5 - scroll down to find "Users option) you should
see an "import bookmarks and settings" option
- click on this,choose from the drop down list, you will see the Microsoft Internet Explorer option, tick the relevant boxes (Favs/bookmarks..) then click the "import" button

The same options would be in IE so can do same there when back on the browser, but I'm sure this import actually takes a copy from the IE to Chrome.
Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Uninstall all tool bars you may have added. Disable all plugins. Reset the browser to the default settings. Try the latest version. Restore you system back to a time it was working.

Also try running malwarebytes too see if that finds anything.

Is also possible that the update to the latest version has killed it. The bads news fixing it isn't easy here's a guide http://www.wikihow.com/Uninstall-Internet-Explorer-11-for-Windows-7 The problem comes if it only half installs. You then end up with half 10 and half 11 and I haven't found a way of fixing that yet.

ok I did this it worked once then it doesn't work again its so frustrating.

--------------------------------- How to Reset Internet Explorer

Just as restarting your computer often fixes minor software ills, you can attempt to repair Internet Explorer problems by performing a reset of the Internet Explorer software. Here’s how:

• In Internet Explorer 8, click the Tools toolbar button and choose the menu command Internet Options.Click the Advanced tab.

• Click the Reset button.

The Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box appears. It’s not an entertaining read.

• Click the Reset button in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.

Purge! Purge! Purge!

• Click the Close button.

• Click the OK button and then:

• Close all open Internet Explorer windows to restart Internet Explorer.

• -----------

Edited by stewfox

Import favourites/bookmarks from IE to GC
1 - load up google chrome 
2 - click settings tab (top right has 3 lines in it)
4 - click on settings in the list
5 - scroll down to find "Users option) you should
see an "import bookmarks and settings" option
- click on this,choose from the drop down list, you will see the Microsoft Internet Explorer option, tick the relevant boxes (Favs/bookmarks..) then click the "import" button

The same options would be in IE so can do same there when back on the browser, but I'm sure this import actually takes a copy from the IE to Chrome.

Many thanks this has worked at least i have all my favorites including 100 weather related ones 

ok I did this it worked once then it doesn't work again its so frustrating.

--------------------------------- How to Reset Internet Explorer

Just as restarting your computer often fixes minor software ills, you can attempt to repair Internet Explorer problems by performing a reset of the Internet Explorer software. Here’s how:

• In Internet Explorer 8, click the Tools toolbar button and choose the menu command Internet Options.Click the Advanced tab.

• Click the Reset button.

The Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box appears. It’s not an entertaining read.

• Click the Reset button in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.

•  

Purge! Purge! Purge!
  • Click the Close button.

• Click the OK button and then:

• Close all open Internet Explorer windows to restart Internet Explorer.

• -----------

This is a cracking little tool i have used a few times http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/tweaking_com_windows_repair.html

Download the installer from the link and install it.

Open the program, go to step 4 and make backups.

Click start repairs then start.

Click unselect all then just tick the box for Repair Internet Explorer then hit start.