Fine by me, as long as they leave the alcohol alone Posted Image

I stocked up a while ago and have supplies in the off licence garage if you can get here Ian Posted Image

Edited by Coast
  • Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and a tuna sandwich ?

A friend sent me a text while I was out ...she was in a right panic as someone had come into the shop where she works and said we (in MK) are getting heavy snow on Monday Posted Image

Only Snow in MK this weekend and next week is at the Snow Dome!!

• Like 3

John Hammond has just been on News 24, suggesting that Met Office latest thoughts are for a succession of fronts affecting the country next week, after a weekend respite. 

A block is being set up, but will likely be too far east to prevent this and the likely resultant flooding issues. Obviously he hoped the block might be closer to us and the thoughts would be wrong.

*Sigh*

Still sunny and blue sky in Ippy. What's all this about snow in MK on Monday?

I feel a head bangy thingy coming on....if anyone else asks if it's going to snow (my last client just did too) Posted Image

I've dug my thermal vest out ready for next week...I'll need it Tuesday evening as I'll be spending it in the cow shed ...

post-10773-0-01226100-1389368882_thumb.j

hopefully there will be bread and milk left on the shelves this weekend if her reaction to the news papers reporting of the upcoming 'snow' was anything to go by Posted Image

.......but there is always nimble and powdered skimmed milk left if nothing else Posted Image

• Like 4

Afternoon fellow regionaires

Way better day today, damp start (dew) but all in all not bad, bright and at times sunny, feeling a tad cooler this afternoon but not bad out as the wind has died down so does not feel as cool/cold as recent blustery days did.  But the important thing is we managed to go more than an hour in one go without it raining.

Weekend starts here :)

• Like 3

I think the only time I feel like winter is here, is when I go to my freezer and see all of the ice, I keep meaning to defrost it, but it makes me feel wintery ,as there's just rain outside

• Like 2

Rain here in Reigate too, Jo, just started and really quite heavy.

Squash match at 5 then it will be time to work off all that nasty exercise with an Indian and some beer.

Have a good weekend folks

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 3

time to work off all that nasty exercise with an Indian and some beer.

First round on you Abs - make sure they're chilled!

Posted Image

Weekend starts here Posted Image

Posted Image Party time! 

• Like 2

I am cycling tomorrow. After last getting out on a bike back in November, any strange creaking and clanking noises heard will not necessarily be from the bicycle.

And it would be a lovely evening if it wasnt for the roar of the A1. 

• Like 3

I am in for the night, no firm plans for the weekend yet, chores to be done aside as the weather does not look too bad for tomorrow I may wander to the next village taking in a stroll through the park enroute, I can watch the squirrels then as they scamper through the wooded part by the brook.

• Like 1

Took a wander through the MAD thread a while ago and it is full of "poor run", "terrible" and the like because the runs are not showing what they want but will be.

I thought the idea of weather models and forecasting was so we could better predict the actual weather, making work, business and home lives better and safer and allow for better planning ahead for people, business, farmers etc?

Or have I missed the point?

• Like 4

Took a wander through the MAD thread a while ago and it is full of "poor run", "terrible" and the like because the runs are not showing what they want but will be.

I thought the idea of weather models and forecasting was so we could better predict the actual weather, making work, business and home lives better and safer and allow for better planning ahead for people, business, farmers etc?

Or have I missed the point?

No, I've sometimes wondered whether this site should change its name to netsnow.tv in winter. The flooding problems and possible further issues get lost in some of the myopic analysis there imho. :(

Oh well, can't do anything about it. Off for a beer and no model watching for me tonight.Posted Image

Have a good evening everyone. :)

• Like 5

No, I've sometimes wondered whether this site should change its name to netsnow.tv in winter. The flooding problems and possible further issues get lost in some of the myopic analysis there imho. Posted Image

Oh well, can't do anything about it. Off for a beer and no model watching for me tonight.Posted Image

Have a good evening everyone. Posted Image

Enjoy your evening and your beer(s) Posted Image

heres why i am ignoring after 120

ukmo at 144

Posted Image

gfs at 144

Posted Image

ecm at 144

Posted Image

these are a world apart

and i know from experience when ukmo and ecm do not match the models are struggling

• Like 3