Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 10/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Just got back from shopping and I said to hubby de icer ? Snow shovel he went no its ok it won't get that bad ... I said ok well don't say I didn't tell you so then some woman went rushing over and brought the snow shovel ! I am of course just hoping for a huge amount of snow but I think the woman thought I knew something was on its way :/

• Like 4

Posted
. If you are that rough it probably wasn't the wisest move to stand in 6 inches or more of floodwater to take those photo's and the video. I dread to think what might been sloshing around in that, maybe that's what you made you ill in the first place.

you make a very good point about illness and flood water, i also read that rats were coming with the floods and had actually bitten someone.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Wow, I love those pics Jason.

No problem Chilly, I think it keeps the old wow factor going, Also shows that there are some real stunning places on this planet. For those that can't go to the mountain (Like myself),I can bring it to you. Puts smiles on faces. However if anyone gets board let me know,Once winter turns up then she can take over, But she needs to hurry up im running out of stunning pics.Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

If the ECM comes to fruition,i`ll become a vegan!

*Note:My fingers are crossed behind my back*

Got a nice recipe for you Mr AB

http://www.veganvillage.co.uk/recipes/wellie.htm

Hope you enjoy it - very apt = looks like more mild mush to me ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

you make a very good point about illness and flood water, i also read that rats were coming with the floods and had actually bitten someone.

Ah, I wonder if the culprit was Weil's Disease?  Shows similar progression to flu:

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Leptospirosis/Pages/Introduction.aspx

• Like 1

Posted

Ah, I wonder if the culprit was Weil's Disease?  Shows similar progression to flu:

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Leptospirosis/Pages/Introduction.aspx

yes it could well be, and here's the article it was an elderly woman in a care home who was bitten, the rat came out of a sewer due to the floodwater.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2536318/Elderly-woman-bitten-rat-care-home-bed-heavy-storms-flooding-swept-creature-sewers.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Evening all. :)

I've not looked at the MAD thread in the last couple of hours, but seeing as it's increased by at least 5 pages, quite quickly, I suspect there might be a bit of excitement about the far reaches (FI) of the ECM run... :lol:

• Like 4

Posted

SteveHope so, not going on mad as its prob 5 pages of arguments

Its not now, There is a massive plus just been posted. Probably going to need JP,Tamara,Coast or Nick F. To put it into laymen terms for most of us.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79043-model-output-discussion-10th-jan-onwards/page-48#entry2895063

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
Posted · Hidden by chrisbell-nottheweatherman, January 13, 2014 - Someone else already posted this informtion.
Hidden by chrisbell-nottheweatherman, January 13, 2014 - Someone else already posted this informtion.

Well, a certain Mr. Sussex has posted that the North American prognostic discussions are suggesting that the US/Canadian output may well be favourable.

Posted

fax update

at present showers around and should clear most areas around 4-5am

the far east looks likely to keep them

the temps will drop quickly after the rain clears so watch for ice locally

more likely the west of our region

but anyway else may need to use the scrapers tomorrow morning

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow

Posted Image

a very weak north west flow

rainfall

Posted Image

looks like that hook on the fax will plague the east-north east of our region until just after lunch

elsewhere dry and should see some sunny spells

temps

Posted Image

around 6-8 degrees

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow night

Posted Image

a south west flow veering westerly overnight

starts dry

and could get pretty cold up to midnight

then rain on the way again

Posted Image

Posted Image

and could be heavy and stick around until just after rush hour

( not helpful)

temps warmer when rain arrives so not important

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wednesday

Posted Image

a breezy south west flow

after the morning rain clears

it should stay mainly dry

however

note the cold front incoming on the fax chart

so rainfall

should arrive late evening

temps

Posted Image

around 10 degrees

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wednesday night

Posted Image

a breezy south west flow

cold front over us now so rainfall

Posted Image

again a pest and could linger again until rush hour

not over heavy which sort of helps

temps

not cold around 6 degrees

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thursday

Posted Image

after the rain clears in the morning

we have a weak south west flow

note the fax shows a trough there so there is a chance

of some thundery but short lived rain late pm

not cold around 10 degrees

more later

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Evening Folks! Who's coming to play 'chase the easterly' ? :)

I got absolutely soaked leaving work earlier. OH iMessaged me to say he had Thunder and lightning at home. I just had hail and a deluge in London. :(

• Like 5

Posted
  • Location: greenhithe, kent (nr bluewater) 51.45216 n 0.25966 e
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter hot in summer

Didnt it pour down in london about 17:30  walking to the bus stop it chucked it down and very squally as well you could see the wind blowing the rain off the road, yet here in greenhithe it was clear and cold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Banished to the spare room as boyfriend watching a gushy film, and I couldn't stick it! Prefer sci or action movies. Quite chilly when popped head out door, still raining.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter hot in summer
Posted

Well hello Mrs...nice to see you back in here, all we need now are those lampost watchers from Leighton Buzzard to post and we will have a full house Posted Image

Thanks sweety! Nice to be back! :)  Still not managed to get the council to install a lampost withing viewing distance from my couch but I shall provide reports when the time comes :D x

It feels like winter now you've turned up! Lol at these that I only ever see in winter coz I don't usually come here in summer.

Hopefully you don't mean that Im cold and frosty hehehehehhe ;):p

I'm just a snow whore really hahahaha xx

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

Oh dear...not quite sure exactly how to respond to today's weather events...I clearly have divided loyalties...... 

I'm pleased to escape the new bout of convective "cloudbursts" given my position next to a flash flood watercourse that quite frankly can;t take anymore.However despite all the recent electrical activity that has favoured the SE inc Middlesex and London, I'm still a member of NSC...

Think this should be my microclimate  siggie tune....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr-SNCtoyPkxxxx 

• Like 1

Posted

Drooling over this, Long way out.

This Is the Stratosphere in 384 hours time!!!!!! The polar Vortex has Collapsed over the uk!!!!! Posted Image 

post-11193-0-81606500-1389647453_thumb.j

What with the ECMWF predicting a prolonged cold spell & the Stratosphere forecast producing this!!!

Remember this "Might happen" but is very encouraging from Today's ECMWF & even the Met office model hinting at blocking.......

I love twitter.

• Like 3

Posted

Hi Jenny, and thank you for picking up on the point I was trying to make. Without wishing to sound alarmist I think it was worth me trying to point out that floodwater carries all sorts of risks, some of which are not obvious.

As little as 6 inches of floodwater is enough to sweep a fully grown adult off their feet, and 12 inches can shift a vehicle. It will also lift drainage and manhole covers with ease, and what lies beneath them is not going to be pleasant.

Sorry if I have introduced a sombre note to an otherwise happy and friendly thread but I felt it needed saying, particularly since flooding is still a problem in some parts of our region and beyond, and likely to remain so for the next few days. Stay safe folks Posted Image

• Like 8

Posted

Drooling over this, Long way out.

This Is the Stratosphere in 384 hours time!!!!!! The polar Vortex has Collapsed over the uk!!!!! Posted Image 

Posted Imagepolar vortex collapse.jpg

What with the ECMWF predicting a prolonged cold spell & the Stratosphere forecast producing this!!!

Remember this "Might happen" but is very encouraging from Today's ECMWF & even the Met office model hinting at blocking.......

I love twitter.

oh that's quite a prospect . Nick sussex also posted something incomprehensible to many of us which he later translated into 'looks like its going to get cold' which was handy. So that's a certainty, then Posted Image

• Like 6

Posted

To echo what others have said, it isn't a great idea to wade about in flood waters. Manhole covers could have popped off due to surcharging, leaving you prone to disappearing entirely down a very deep hole and swimming in sewage.

Edited by fluid dynamic
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

oh that's quite a prospect . Nick sussex also posted something incomprehensible to many of us which he later translated into 'looks like its going to get cold' which was handy. So that's a certainty, then Posted Image

Yes, I didn't understand some of his mnemonics at all. I just guessed that his excited use of the word amplification (or amplified, or similar) might have meant a favourable blocked pattern for us in a few days time. He seemed really excited too and I know he likes cold, so that was enough. :D

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

Oh buggar in trying to like a post I accidently reported one sorry to whoevers post it was :(

• Like 3