rain

Posted Image

wet on the 15th

but after looks quite dry until the 20th

spread on the 20th which is expected

gfs wind prediction from the 20th on looks a tad of an outlier Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Pouring down in Ippy but it's quite mild with a lovely fresh smell in the air. More like February or early March than January.

Have a good night, all. :)

Posted

The Great wall of China in the Snow.

Posted Image

So, not only do I have to read JP's weather reports before going to bed, I now have to find Jason's pic of the day! another great one thank you. 

And nice to see you back Jan, I feel less lonely in SE London now :)

• Like 2

Posted

If you think youve had it bad in se....oh my..... 2c n rain five times..... 1c n sleet three times....at 300m.... its winter 2014 stylie.... Carp.....move the letters around a bit....n see how its been....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

fax at 96

Posted Image

breezy south west flow

rain incoming from the west and may be thundery and heavy

looks to hit the very far south of the region

not cold

Posted Image

low to our south west is the one to watch

a weak westerly flow and looks mainly dry

ecm at same time

Posted Image

good match

now we need the fax to show the low like this tomorrow night

Posted Image

so far this is ok

long way to go but slowly getting there

I wrote a post on my forum earlier following the GFS developments over the last few days and today's output for the next few days suggesting we need the high with the kink over SW Norway to send/split the LP south to be in with a shout of some cold/snow.

I then looked at the ECM and it appears to show exactly that!

So I wrote another post about that.

Hopefully the other models pick up the low splitting/dropping south too.

Interesting couple of days to come!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost
Posted

Morning all, seems dark out, certainly damp, so I think we had some rain last night.

Got a nasty day today, the sort where you wish you didn't own the company, that's all I can say, but be glad when its over. Have a better day than I am.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

morning all. Clear start to the day here.... no frost

Posted

Morning regionaires.

A weekend of two contrasting halves, but yesterday's grey and cold didn't stop these two guys enjoying the full force of nature, they were catching some big air and some silly speeds:

post-6667-0-76679300-1389598842_thumb.jp  post-6667-0-88905800-1389598854_thumb.jp

post-6667-0-24988000-1389598873_thumb.jp  post-6667-0-88792300-1389598891_thumb.jp

post-6667-0-33875200-1389598892_thumb.jp  post-6667-0-28524500-1389598945_thumb.jp

A brisk wind and crashing waves whipped up the foam on the shoreline:

post-6667-0-21732800-1389598924_thumb.jp

Back to today and it looks like it could be a sunny one for some, but the rain comes through later and maybe something more exciting.....

Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

Mornin each. Nice, clear and quite mild here in deepest Ippy. Very wet though after rain through the night.

Have a good day, folks. :)

• Like 2

Posted

Morning Robin,

some beefy showers later today and looking unsettled this week, should I mention the slack easterly flow on the ECM next week or will it make you start to twitch! 

Please Ian, I'm doing that already!! Posted Image

• Like 1

Had to take another day of work today. This is what I hate about having my dad work at the same place... When I take a day of he has a go at me.. But if anybody actually got what I have had to endure over the weekend... they will know.. probably the worst illness/virus I have had to date.. If anybody feels the following and has little ones around or elderly and they too feel these symptoms I urge them to seek the doctors help..

Last Thursday I developed a slight cough nothing unusual..

Friday I was coughing a lot and very intense and was getting worse as the day went on

Friday night it began to kick in and I was feeling hot/cold and very agitated at the same time I was also coughing even more

Saturday morning was a brief lul.. The coughing is helped by going outside..

Saturday afternoon was when things turned for the worst, I took a bath because of the aches in my body to get out and collapse into my bed hot,aching, blocked nose, sore throat coughing you name it.. At one point I actually was considering mum taking me to the hospital or calling somebody as I generally could not move due to the pain..

Sunday morning was a slight improvement although I still ached a bit and coughing was still these along with the blocked nose and sore throat

Last night I was coughing a lot and blocked nose I have woken up today with a clearer nose and less of a cough and sore throat..

Bearing in mind I am a large male who eats "okay" and is out and about a lot (not in world class shape but hey ho) this put me on my back for good and I rarely get ill..

But honestly would urge people to be vigilant of this.. I thought at first "oh normal winter cold" but this was far far worse and god forbid a baby/child or elderly person with a weaker immune system got this... 

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

All we need tonight, heavy may be thundery showers/rain. Normally over night is when I prefer rain but at the moment yuk.

• Like 1

Posted

Surrey I had similar to you, but with the added complication of upset stomach etc, won't go into details, but lost a stone in 5 days, after 4 weeks still not right by any means. Do what I didn't, go to the doctors. Remember your dad is only trying to look after your best interests.

Posted

Had to take another day of work today. This is what I hate about having my dad work at the same place... When I take a day of he has a go at me.. But if anybody actually got what I have had to endure over the weekend... they will know.. probably the worst illness/virus I have had to date.. If anybody feels the following and has little ones around or elderly and they too feel these symptoms I urge them to seek the doctors help.. Last Thursday I developed a slight cough nothing unusual.. Friday I was coughing a lot and very intense and was getting worse as the day went on Friday night it began to kick in and I was feeling hot/cold and very agitated at the same time I was also coughing even more Saturday morning was a brief lul.. The coughing is helped by going outside.. Saturday afternoon was when things turned for the worst, I took a bath because of the aches in my body to get out and collapse into my bed hot,aching, blocked nose, sore throat coughing you name it.. At one point I actually was considering mum taking me to the hospital or calling somebody as I generally could not move due to the pain.. Sunday morning was a slight improvement although I still ached a bit and coughing was still these along with the blocked nose and sore throat Last night I was coughing a lot and blocked nose I have woken up today with a clearer nose and less of a cough and sore throat.. Bearing in mind I am a large male who eats "okay" and is out and about a lot (not in world class shape but hey ho) this put me on my back for good and I rarely get ill.. But honestly would urge people to be vigilant of this.. I thought at first "oh normal winter cold" but this was far far worse and god forbid a baby/child or elderly person with a weaker immune system got this...

Thanks for that, Surrey. My niece had it a couple of weeks ago and she has asthma. It resulted in her having to have a session on a nebuliser. I had it, but much less severe and with only a niggly dry cough. Hope you soon feel better. Take care. :)

Posted

Heavier on the Southern coast (of course) and not helping those already experiencing the damp or flooding

Posted Image

Posted Image

Surrey I had similar to you, but with the added complication of upset stomach etc, won't go into details, but lost a stone in 5 days, after 4 weeks still not right by any means. Do what I didn't, go to the doctors. Remember your dad is only trying to look after your best interests.

Thanks for that, Surrey. My niece had it a couple of weeks ago and she has asthma. It resulted in her having to have a session on a nebuliser. I had it, but much less severe and with only a niggly dry cough. Hope you soon feel better. Take care. Posted Image

I feel today like somebody has sucked the energy out of me.. I have taken lemsip,piriton (because I was sneezing so much) cough meds it all seems to work for about 30 mins and then it grabs you back... horrible so glad is clearing off

Posted

A fairly meaty blast of rain currently overhead and looking out to the West, more to come later:

post-6667-0-55607300-1389601817_thumb.jp

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted

Nice sunrise over Ippy Docks........

post-17085-0-64737000-1389601911_thumb.j

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. :)

Clear skies here. Not much more to say really, as I'm not too enamoured with the weather forecast - more rain in the short term at least. :(

Have a good week everyone.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

A fairly meaty blast of rain currently overhead and looking out to the West, more to come later:

Posted ImageNW radar.jpg

Posted Image

Posted Image

Can see a convective shower tower over the water, must be one of those little blobs on your radar grab