Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 10/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Marlow Park today (on the Thames) or should I say in the Thames, so sad.

Katie

Sorry no picture. Will try again

Katie, btw, that post of yours on the 'MAD' thread that a few of the boys on there didn't answer for you properlyPosted ImagePosted Image The white dot is simply a computerised representation of a centre of pressure within a low pressure cell. Don't worry - there was a time when I would have asked exactly the same thing!Posted Image  

Edited by Tamara תָּמָר
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Marlow Park today (on the Thames) or should I say in the Thames, so sad. KatieSorry no picture. Will try againFingers crossed

I know Marolw well and it's a lovely park there - I've had many a walk along the Thames at that spot, hopefully whatever happens now it won't be more rain - will make a great ice rink if it freezes though :-)
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Evening, time to calm down after another evenings worth of model watching. I had a pizza so I feel like my dinner was slightly underwhelming compared to some on here Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Well, if it so happens that we have a winter without a snowflake at ground level, then i blooming hope we get endless mesoscale convective complexes and some awesome riders on the plume all summer long. This winter is beginning to get a bit tedious now. Do hope we get some sort of rope thrown at us for this potential cold snap. At the minute as it stands, this winter is ranking very low in all terms of nice winter weather. Something has to change for the end of the month surely !!Posted Image Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted

Posted

best chinese ever is a place called Won Kei restaurant in Wardour Street. rough round the edges but best food ever! won ton noodles soup will fill you up, but then theres so much to choose from you'll have more. and chili oil is hottest ever :) I dont do crispy balls Ali :lol: :p

Great restaurant.....friging love it.....when busy....they continually tell you to f#*k off upstairs....they have three/four floors....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Well, if it so happens that we have a winter without a snowflake at ground level, then i blooming hope we get endless mesoscale convective complexes and some awesome riders on the plume all summer long. This winter is beginning to get a bit tedious now. Do hope we get some sort of rope thrown at us for this potential cold snap. At the minute as it stands, this winter is ranking very low in all terms of nice winter weather. Something has to change for the end of the month surely !!Posted Image Posted Image

Well I'm still hoping we get mesoscale convective complexes of the snow kind off the North Sea at some stage in the next month or soPosted Image Posted Image Endless ones might be too much to ask for though Posted Image

Edited by Tamara תָּמָר
  • Like 5

Posted

Posted Image

gusty south west wind

rain moving through pm and could be heavy

however will move through fairly quick on this strong wind

not cold

but will not feel pleasant

120 when out

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Well I'm still hoping we get mesoscale convective complexes of the snow kind off the North Sea at some stage in the next month or soPosted Image Posted Image Endless ones might be too much to ask for though Posted Image

Heres hoping Tam ! 

• Like 1

Posted

I'm no good at the model thing, however I do think that we might be in for a nice surprise. I think we'll see snow before February based on nothing other than what I've seen in my (undisclosed) years and a feeling :)

Edit: it's frosty and 0.9c

Edited by lottiekent
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Evening peeps

been watching BBC4

No frost here yet, but sure it is coming.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow

Katie, btw, that post of yours on the 'MAD' thread that a few of the boys on there didn't answer for you properlyPosted ImagePosted Image The white dot is simply a computerised representation of a centre of pressure within a low pressure cell. Don't worry - there was a time when I would have asked exactly the same thing!Posted Image

Thank you Tamara, thankfully I never saw the replies, just noticed it vanished. I have been reading the MAD thread and here since 2010 and have finally got some time on my hands to start learning. But it's really hard to know where to start and I have chosen the most confusing time to start, but I must say after reading the MAD thread for 4 winters and 1 complete summer, it's more predictable the on the MAD thread then the models and weather put together. In fact if it wasn't for the entertainment value of the MAD thread I would of got to grips with the models long ago.

Am I safe asking my stupid questions here lol.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Katie

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

After a lovely steak dinner for my son's 18th dinner (when asked what he wanted to drink, he paused, looked me and tentatively asked for a half a cider) the waitress said can I have some ID please...I thought woe is me, I forgot his bloody passport! And was willing to drive all the way home to get it....he said that's okay Mum, I'll have a coke instead...the entire family was at the dinner, and all went come on, give the lad his drink it's his birthday, the waitress said, if someone else orders it...well, I won't need the ID after all...phew :-)

Now sitting next to a roaring fire with the weather station measuring a frosty -2.1c outside watching 'wanted' Come on snow, you know you can make an appearance sooner rather than later please!

• Like 6

Posted

Posted Image

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

wake me up when that low moves

strong south westerly wind

rain again moving through and some heavy

but again moving through quite quickly

watch the low to our west under the main low

this could be the thing that shifts it south-south east

would prefer not to see that high to our far south east but thankfully at present

it is a long way from us

i am calling fi at 96 at present

until that low is resolved the charts will be all over the place

• Like 4

Posted

Posted Image

not exactly warm these

wind

Posted Image

some breezy bits but not nothing to worry about

rain

Posted Image

rain 15th on

not huge amounts but enough to concern the flooding areas

looking fairly dry 18th on

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow

I know Marolw well and it's a lovely park there - I've had many a walk along the Thames at that spot, hopefully whatever happens now it won't be more rain - will make a great ice rink if it freezes though :-)

[quote name="MKsnowangel" post="2893373"

Oh boy can you imagine the local kids if it freezes. That picture was of my fb feed might just have to venture down to see it tomorrow m

Katie

Edited by Katiewombat

Posted

Thanks for all the updates as always

hi croydon

no prob mate

if you look at all the runs there is still confusion

until that is resolved anything can happen

and we all know how these lows effect the models

stick at 120 for now

and even if they show raging easterlies as that will still be fi

although i can still pick some impressive ramp charts Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by john pike
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Very chilly and frosty out there tonight. And such a clear sky. My ol' mate Orion is out there watching over us.

I've been watching 'Bloody Britain' on Discovery History. Really good and definately a bit bloody. :D Nice to go to bed on. :D

• Like 4

Posted

Evening all

In an attempt to encourage some weather from the East I knocked up some home made chicken kievs tonight and I have to say they were really quite good, nice and light with proper crispy homemade breadcrumbs and a touch of paprika in the buttery parsley filling, served with Heston's recipe for 3-times cooked chips and a green salad. I got quite a lot of satisfaction out of beating the chicken breast with a rolling pin between a couple of pieces of clingflim, picturing the poor piece of a once innocent bird as the infamous polar vortex and thrashing it probably a little more than was really necessary.

Tomorrow, steak and ale pie with mash, the mash being of course the closest we are going to get for some time to lying snow.

All a bit retro, reading those food choices back.  Ah well, suits me!

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 9

Posted

Hello and evening all,

I haven't posted here since the tidal surge thingymebob although I have been reading each and every day.  Thank you all so much for your updates and clear english in explanations.

There is a lovely clear sky with so many stars showing both in the Farthing Corner part of Rainham and lower Gillingham and so frosty.

• Like 3