Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 10/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Welcome to the new thread everyone;

Please use this regional thread to discuss the latest up and coming developments in our area, current local conditions, and enjoy a more general 'chatty' discussion about the weather within the region and also to enjoy reading informative and occasionally humorous posts....

post-10773-0-61419200-1389352324_thumb.j

link to the previous one here....

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78999-south-east-east-anglia-regional-weather-discussion-070114/page-38

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

whooo hoo! :D am i allowed to come in and make the fresh new thread messy? :lol:

thanks for a nice clean sheet Ali.

just popped outside and its nice and bright and not much breeze. lovely! :)

toodle loo :)

Posted

whooo hoo! Posted Image am i allowed to come in and make the fresh new thread messy? Posted Image

thanks for a nice clean sheet Ali.

just popped outside and its nice and bright and not much breeze. lovely! Posted Image

toodle loo Posted Image

Trust you to come in and make a mess Mick......clean sheets are nice while they last though  Posted Image

Sun's out here too, perfect to walk up the shop in search of something for lunch  Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Just seem loads of posts on the Book of Face declaring heavy snow for Monday. Posted Image

Posted

Seems bright here today if a little chilly, following Surrey's updates regarding the river levels with interest since I saw something in the news about how millionaires live in that area and I felt sorry for them that even with all their money, they can't hold back nature.

Posted

Just seem loads of posts on the Book of Face declaring heavy snow for Monday. Posted Image

In Scandinavia?

You just know what's coming today though don't you:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then Sunday into Monday:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm beginning to feel like an amoeba carrying out osmosis :doh: 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

In Scandinavia?

You just know what's coming today though don't you:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then Sunday into Monday:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm beginning to feel like an amoeba carrying out osmosis Posted Image

I give up telling people we are not getting the snow from the US. They don't want to hear it though! Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

The North & North-East are finally creepy up to the plus temperatures for the first time in 10 days!

Buffalo:

Monday: -15.7C
Current: -1.7C
Tomorrow: +10C

Temperature difference: 25.7C

Chicago:

Monday: -24.7C
Current: -0.4C
Tomorrow: +3C

Temperature difference: 27.7C

New York City:

Monday: -11.3C
Current: +0.1C
Tomorrow: +15C!!!!!!! 

Temperature difference: 26.3C

Edited by PerfectStorm

Posted

I give up telling people we are not getting the snow from the US. They don't want to hear it though! Posted Image

I think it's part old wives tale, part urban legend and part expectation for something seasonal. It's got a few going this past couple of days and I'm chilled (but not buried you understand) knowing that opportunities will still pop up in the next few weeks and months.

Looks like sporadic daily rain through most of next week and temps a few degrees down on what they have been in recent weeks, but nothing bone-chilling.

Posted Image

I'd really welcome something cold, clear and frosty TBH - I've spent ages swapping over my Winter wardrobe into the main one and haven't really had a chance to wear all that thick woolly stuff yet!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Good Afternoon everyone,

Lovely afternoon up in NW1. Great view to all of London from the 27th floor. Looking forward to the weekend, hoping my local team's match is on, dependant of course as to how much rain falls overnight and tomorrow morning.

I had to leave the MAD thread as I was finding it all too depressing.

Happy belated birthday JP. I really look forward to reading your comments on this thread. I hope you do not mind but I extract below a portion of one of the messages that you posted late yesterday as follows:-

"still happy tonight with the runs

this is typical chaos mode with them at present"

I hope you feel a little better now. Probably all that celebtatory drinking!Posted Image Posted Image

Kind Regards

Dave

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Personally, I think we will get some significant snow fall in the middle of January. I'm not basing that on charts or anything scientific.......just instinct. :)

• Like 2

Posted

well just had a lunchtime pint down the pub and the day is still bright, dry and slight chill in the breeze.

i have been sounding like the font of all knowledge in my office when it comes to polar vortexes. :rolleyes: cant for the life of me understand why no one else is interested in the weather :lol:

i too have a gut feeling that in the much worn football phrase; winter will be "a game of two halves" :D

• Like 2

Posted

what entertains me the most about the polar vortex and stuff is that people whom believe incorrectly it is coming here obviously hadnt figured on a 3000 mile stretch of water called the atlantic lol. In relation to the weather is lovely walking in the sunshine.... Sutton High Street wander no rain first time at lunch time for ages.

as MAF says game of 2 halves.... not out of the question yet

still been an interesting model watching couple of weeks... think we all had storm fatigue by new years day lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Luckily I don't do that Book thing but I was just in the hairdressers (ooh, middle-class pretension, what's wrong with the barbers?) and someone came in and announced that the "polar vortex was coming next week" and it would be minus 3 with lots of snow.

As you can imagine this got everyone chattering away.  Except me.  Why can't we go back to the old days when I just got asked whether I had been or where I was going on holidays, whether I was on my lunchbreak, and what I was gong to be needing for doing the weekend?

AS

Hello A S

How much was the haicut- £140 or £15?

The price is very much in the news these days.Posted Image

It is fascinating to her every newsstation, and peiple generally now using the term Polar Vortex as if it is secomd nature to them and fully understand the meaning of the term.

I have decided on a haircut this evening. Being a bit "lacking" on top and with the sides and back being trimmed the weather is certain to get colder now. Almost guaranteed! 

Kind Regards

Dave

• Like 2

Posted

:lol: if only you knew.....

Posted Image

I'm not basing that on charts or anything scientific.......just instinct. 

Sometimes better than a planet of supercomputers and a country full of experts Grace :good: 

• Like 4

Posted

Hello A S

How much was the haicut- £140 or £15?

The price is very much in the news these days.Posted Image

It is fascinating to her every newsstation, and peiple generally now using the term Polar Vortex as if it is secomd nature to them and fully understand the meaning of the term.

I have decided on a haircut this evening. Being a bit "lacking" on top and with the sides and back being trimmed the weather is certain to get colder now. Almost guaranteed! 

Kind Regards

Dave

£13.90 but I rounded it.  Up, before you ask!

• Like 1

Posted

well just had a lunchtime pint down the pub 

...and a tuna sandwich ?

A friend sent me a text while I was out ...she was in a right panic as someone had come into the shop where she works and said we (in MK) are getting heavy snow on Monday Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Afternoon all. 

Posted Image

Posted

I think C4's forecaster Liam Dutton does a wonderful, straight forward blog and covers current events succinctly here:

Winter lurks but may not pounce just yet

A few days ago, I wrote a blog about hints that winter proper may be about to pounce on us next week, as the UK found itself caught in the middle of a battle between cold air to the east and mild air to the west.  At that point, it looked as if the weather computer models were favouring the colder air to win, with lower temperatures and snow a possibility.

However, I did point out that there was still some uncertainty and that the detail could change, which it indeed has.Temperatures now look likely to return to close to average, rather than anything notably cold, which does reduce the risk of snow.

Why such uncertainty?

In situations where cold and warm air collides, weather computer models can often struggle to grasp the fine detail as to precisely where the boundary of cold and warm air will lie. This is particularly true when such changes are slow in comparison to the usual haste in which weather across the UK normally progresses. One notable change has been the orientation of low pressure to the west of the UK early next week. Initially it stretched north west to south east, which would have favoured an eventual change to cold easterly winds and high pressure.

However, now it looks like the orientation of low pressure will be more north to south, favouring a less cold south to south easterly wind and high pressure staying to the east of the UK.

Rain and flood risk continues 

One consequence of the subtle changes for next week is that weather fronts will now make greater progress across the UK than they would have if high pressure had become established. This means that further bands of rain will move in off the Atlantic, bringing more wet weather at a time when it really isn’t needed, given that the ground is saturated and river levels are still high. Whilst it is still a little early to be sure about which places will see more rain and exactly how much, it may be a case of having taken one step forward and two steps back.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Just tidied up and cleaned the cupboard under the stairs. The Nipper, the cats and quite possibly the neighbours are now jibbering wrecks. :O

As for Terence.........we won't go there.

Still sunny and blue sky in Ippy. What's all this about snow in MK on Monday?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

John Hammond has just been on News 24, suggesting that Met Office latest thoughts are for a succession of fronts affecting the country next week, after a weekend respite. 

A block is being set up, but will likely be too far east to prevent this and the likely resultant flooding issues. Obviously he hoped the block might be closer to us and the thoughts would be wrong.

• Like 7

Posted

...and a tuna sandwich ?

A friend sent me a text while I was out ...she was in a right panic as someone had come into the shop where she works and said we (in MK) are getting heavy snow on Monday Posted Image

One of our elderly volunteers came in today (she's 86) to say she wasn't sure if she would be in next week as we are expecting snow (she saw it in the News Paper - mmm, I wonder which one that could be Posted Image )

I tried to explain to her that it more than likely would be 'oop North' but she was adamant that it would happen - so hopefully there will be bread and milk left on the shelves this weekend if her reaction to the news papers reporting of the upcoming 'snow' was anything to go by Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 5