Sign in to follow this  
knocker

Climate change: How does soil store CO2?

Global carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions continue to rise – in 2012 alone, 35.7 billion tons of this greenhouse gas entered the atmosphere*. Some of this CO2 is absorbed by the oceans, plants and soil. As such, they provide a significant reservoir of carbon, stemming the release of CO2. Scientists have now discovered how organic carbon is stored in soil. Basically, the carbon only binds to certain soil structures. This means that soil’s capacity to absorb CO2 needs to be re-assessed and incorporated into today’s climate models.

http://www.tum.de/en/about-tum/news/press-releases/short/article/31275/

All very interesting until its linked to Climate change When will any research related to carbon stop using the phrase 'Climate Change' It's almost appears that research cannot be carried out unless its tied in in some way to this new mantra In my opinion its a disservice to science

All very interesting until its linked to Climate change When will any research related to carbon stop using the phrase 'Climate Change' It's almost appears that research cannot be carried out unless its tied in in some way to this new mantra In my opinion its a disservice to science

They've gotta keep the dream alive somehow.

I'm quite interested to know how you discuss the carbon cycle, particularly reservoirs, without mentioning climate as they are linked.

I'm quite interested to know how you discuss the carbon cycle, particularly reservoirs, without mentioning climate as they are linked.

You can talk about wool without mentioning knitting.

You can talk about wool without mentioning knitting.

But not sheep or goats.