Sign in to follow this  
Jax

Favourite radio show/presenter

Watching Terry Wogan on TV right now and it got me thinking (oh dear, I know).

Past and present, what is/was your favourite radio station and radio show/presenter?

R1 for me growing up but also when they grew the commercial local stations (these days they are Heart Fm), but through work in my early 20's came to like R2, and pretty much stayed there since (with forays back to the likes of Heart, good music and local news).  In more recent times, Terry Wogan in the morning was great (any one remember Janet & John?), the morning Pop quiz, Jeremy Vine middle of the day, and Johnny Walker doing drivetime.

Brian Johnstone. Absolutely beyond compare.

Dear old Johnners.

I can only go back to the late 70's into the 80's , but recall Radio Luxembourg and  R1 presenters such as Mike Reid, Tony Blackburn, Noel Edmunds etc

Tony Wrighton and Becky Chippendale, at breakfast, also liked Jamie Wood, matt mcKay, Enda Caldwell presented the last show on Thurs 21st Dec 2001

LW radio Atlantic 252 in 2000 and 2001

I used to like listening to Steve Wright In The Afternoons in the early 90s. Mr Angry, Damien the Student etc, and the posse. :)

• Like 1

I know he's a bit like marmite, you either love him or hate him, but for me, the only radio show I used to go out of my way to listen to was when Chris Moyles and his team did the breakfast show on Radio 1.

I used to listen to Essex Radio a lot in the nineteeneighties when I lived there.There was quite a famous dj called Martin Day, one day I was in the newsagents next to the then radio house in southend and my friend said "That Martin Day is a moron".

Turned to go and guess who was next in the queue behind us?

That's right, Martin Day.

Oh dear.

• Like 1

Tommy Vance was alright - well the music he played was,anyway (Friday Rock Show - R1).

I used to like listening to Steve Wright In The Afternoons in the early 90s. Mr Angry, Damien the Student etc, and the posse. Posted Image

I liked him then on R1, but his R2 show is just the same and now seems a tad dated with the same old stuff being done.

• Like 1

It started with gary davis for me. 

Wooh, gary davis, Wooh, gary davis, on your radio.

i still remember the jingle.

did anybody else listen to Atlantic 252? started in 1989, but I only discovered it in May 2000, seemed as though I was the only listener! many people I know never heard of it, some heard of it but never listened

did anybody else listen to Atlantic 252? started in 1989, but I only discovered it in May 2000, seemed as though I was the only listener! many people I know never heard of it, some heard of it but never listened

Yes back in the old days when it faded in and out and even right on the coast you couldn't get it clearly and it went side by side with laser five five eight, or laser funf funf height, as they would say in German, fun days.

James Whale used to have an amusing phone-in many years back. Radio Aire, I think.

did anybody else listen to Atlantic 252? started in 1989, but I only discovered it in May 2000, seemed as though I was the only listener!Y many people I know never heard of it, some heard of it but never listened

Yes I did in the mid 90s on LW.

I used to try and tune in the to the "out there" stations in my yoof, not always possible mind.  Luxemborg anyone?