Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cancel the Barbeque

knocker

Posted

CORVALLIS, Oregon, January 6, 2014 (ENS) – Newly identified compounds produced by chemical reactions in vehicle exhaust or by grilling meat are hundreds of times more mutagenic than their cancer-causing parent compounds, according to scientists at Oregon State and three other universities.

These compounds were not previously known to exist, and they raise concerns about the health impacts of heavily-polluted urban air and dietary exposure, the researchers said. It is not yet clear in what amounts the compounds might be present, and no health standards now exist for them.

http://ens-newswire.com/2014/01/06/chemicals-400-times-as-mutagenic-as-known-carcinogens-found/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Interesting, does this find point further to the reasons more cancers are being found I wonder? the modern life style.

Glad I currently live in a semi rural town, away from the busy parts so little traffic here, and not really a BBQ fan.

Posted
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France
  • Weather Preferences: Continental type climate with lots of sunshine with occasional storm
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France

Life is more about than following every fad going in a determined effort to break longevity records. It is also about enjoying one's life, so my view is that the quality is far better than the quantity. I am also a firm believer that a little of what you fancy does you good, so I wont be knocking barbies on the head - I will still enjoy them on warm summers' evenings with a glass or two of wine and some good company.

Come to think about it, the salmonella egg scare put out by Edwina Curry some years ago did not detract from my consumption of eggs, neither did the BSE or the horsemeat scandal put me off eating beef. 

We have to take some risks in life - we may not necessarily live any longer through avoiding them - it will just seem that way Posted Image

Edited by mike Meehan
  • Like 2