Local
Radar
Snow?

Wales (Cymru) Winter Regional Discussion 07/01/14

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mediocre winds here tonight.What's all the fuss about over the channel in Bristol/Somerset areas?!The South and North of us seem to have got all the strongest winds this winter

Very well sheltered there.

Yes i remember Tony the good old days Tony when you could work outdoors without a raincoat ,think it was September 2013?

Indeed Keith, It was strange taking the dog for his evening walk yesterday and it being dry :)

Yes i remember Tony the good old days Tony when you could work outdoors without a raincoat ,think it was September 2013?

The second half of November and the first half of December only had 25mm of rain.

There was also a spell of 22 days without over 1mm of rain. Of course what has happened since has more than made up for it.

Yes getting stronger yet more, heard a smash of glass, guess that's another pane on the greenhouse gone. These strong winds are I think associated with the occluded front which is moving in now across Wales.

Losing roof tiles now, this is horrendous! Can't believe South Wales is only just about included in the yellow warning area and this seems much worse than when we were Amber on Wednesday, gusts over 70mph and sustained winds near 50mph!!

Yes. Officiallly worse here than Wednesday according to local weather station figures. I've probably had 1 hour of sleep. Whole row of tiles hanging over the edge waiting to fly off into neighbours conservatory again. They were only put back on Thursday.

That's the 4th roof damage this winter.

When will it ease?

Dreadful night in Milford Haven, been awake all night with the strong gusts of wind that have been rocketing around my house since about ten pm last night and still just as strong it seems now.

Seems a lot worse than Wednesday to me here, and Wednesday was dreadful. Hope it eases soon as I need to get over the Cleddau Bridge :/

Staggering amount of rain in the last 24 hrs here in nw Wales.. How do I find out the local rainfall that has been in last 24 hrs just to check?

Capel Curig 42.6mm, Mona 20.8mm

http://www.ogimet.com/cgi-bin/gsynext?lang=en&state=United+K&rank=100&ano=2014&mes=02&day=15&hora=06&Send=send

1.71 inches (43mm) just since midnight this PWS Mynydd Llandegai:

http://www.mynyddphil.co.uk/

Radar suggests 70mm over Snowdonia past 24 hours:

post-2595-0-66960400-1392463857_thumb.jp

Edited by TonyH