Local
Radar
Snow?

Wales (Cymru) Winter Regional Discussion 07/01/14

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No snow in newport this winter yet and we won't have any this week, looks like snow for higher ground only *sigh*

I'm missing last winter's slider lows dumping loads of snow on us and the easterly snow showers. :(

Lots of wetness in prosect this week. I suspect that Wales will fare ok. There will be heavy stuff. But, IMO, the main focus will be the SW, South and SE of England. Things are going to get pretty bad indeed there.

THere will be a lot of politics played out. THe truth is that this is weather. 248 year event. Plain as.

• Like 2

Just popped outside, not couple of inches, but couple of cemtimetres, i am also a very poor car reverser. But, still snowing, would take photo, but phone recharging. Joys of working from home and technology - woodburner on, tea, toast and ipad.

• Like 2

Melt is on, but it is now trying to snow - more slow or sneet or just bits of snow in usual rain Posted Image

Meanwhile, in a fjord in Norway  this has been their weather for the last two months:post-13067-0-63704200-1392032258_thumb.j

nice one on the snow up north - seems there's a warning out from the meto for more for you - hopefully the south will have a little too

Yellow Warning of Snow for Wales : Ceredigion, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Gwynedd, Isle of Anglesey, Powys & Wrexham valid from 1200 Tue 11 Feb to 1000 Wed 12 Feb

Amazing charts in FI, but in FI so not to be relied upon.

Posted ImageRecm1921.gif

Is that a High Pressure I can see over the UK.

I saved it as it won't be there in the morning. Posted Image

PSML J10 the charts have been on  wacky backy.

Edited by keithlucky

Yes it will be snow soon on the back edge 1c DP 0.5c. It was forecast by the models.

Edited by TonyH