Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Winter Regional Discussion 07/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Yes i remember Tony the good old days Tony when you could work outdoors without a raincoat ,think it was September 2013?

Indeed Keith, It was strange taking the dog for his evening walk yesterday and it being dry :)

Posted

Indeed Keith, It was strange taking the dog for his evening walk yesterday and it being dry Posted Image

Shhhhhhhhhh Lol

Yes i remember Tony the good old days Tony when you could work outdoors without a raincoat ,think it was September 2013?

The second half of November and the first half of December only had 25mm of rain.

There was also a spell of 22 days without over 1mm of rain. Of course what has happened since has more than made up for it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Winds have increased a lot here in Cardiff!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

very strong winds yet again, gusting to 70mph +, very poor conditions, at least the rain has stopped

Posted

very strong winds yet again, gusting to 70mph +, very poor conditions, at least the rain has stopped

Yes Marcus the gentle breeze has become 75mph

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Very bad out there now! +70mph...

Posted

Losing roof tiles now, this is horrendous! Can't believe South Wales is only just about included in the yellow warning area and this seems much worse than when we were Amber on Wednesday, gusts over 70mph and sustained winds near 50mph!!

Posted

Yes. Officiallly worse here than Wednesday according to local weather station figures. I've probably had 1 hour of sleep. Whole row of tiles hanging over the edge waiting to fly off into neighbours conservatory again. They were only put back on Thursday.

That's the 4th roof damage this winter.

When will it ease?

Posted

Dreadful night in Milford Haven, been awake all night with the strong gusts of wind that have been rocketing around my house since about ten pm last night and still just as strong it seems now.

Seems a lot worse than Wednesday to me here, and Wednesday was dreadful. Hope it eases soon as I need to get over the Cleddau Bridge :/

Posted

not sure if last night was worse or not? sounded worse but that is probs because through the night but one thing for sure it has been a terrible night. and its still windy.

• Like 1

Posted

Will ease through the day

Posted

Visiting Wales (the valleys) from Ireland - have now acquired webbed feet after last night's rain. No idea how much fell in total but it was surely an impressive amount .

• Like 2

Posted

Staggering amount of rain in the last 24 hrs here in nw Wales.. How do I find out the local rainfall that has been in last 24 hrs just to check?

Capel Curig 42.6mm, Mona 20.8mm

http://www.ogimet.com/cgi-bin/gsynext?lang=en&state=United+K&rank=100&ano=2014&mes=02&day=15&hora=06&Send=send

1.71 inches (43mm) just since midnight this PWS Mynydd Llandegai:

http://www.mynyddphil.co.uk/

Radar suggests 70mm over Snowdonia past 24 hours:

post-2595-0-66960400-1392463857_thumb.jp

Edited by TonyH