Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Winter Regional Discussion 07/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

should go nicely with the wintry snow showers later

Yellow Warning of Ice for Wales : Monmouthshire, Torfaen, Blaenau Gwent, Newport, Caerphilly, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Cardiff, Merthyr Tydfil, Vale of Glamorgan, Bridgend & Neath Port Talbot valid from 0015 Thu 13 Feb to 0900 Thu 13 Feb

aberdaron up to 107mph now (every mph counts lol)

edit:- wind speeds starting to come down a tad generally in the south now - north Wales is still getting a pounding and will do for a little while yet

over 6,000 homes now struggling with power cuts in Wales
Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Not expecting anything wintry tonight, although those of you high up have more chance as usual.

Posted

I can see about 6/7 branches broke off from the house when those showers came the wind was terrific.

I see Bala has got wind measure now that's new.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

Any idea when the winds ease off a bit on the north coast? Crazy how strong it is now

From mid evening

Posted

I can see about 6/7 branches broke off from the house when those showers came the wind was terrific.I see Bala has got wind measure now that's new.

Do you have the link please Bala wind? thanks

Posted

We have had to leave our home as have our neighbour under the advice of the firebrigade.Our neighbours have got a large tree in the back garden and by the looks of it will be over soon. May have to spend the night out not sure yet when the council can chop it down.

Posted

87,000 homes without power now in wales because of the storm - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-26144535

12 February 2014 - Met Office forecasters have issued a red National Severe Weather Warning for stormy conditions across the UK this afternoon and evening.
Edited by andymusic

Posted

The  roof just been blown off the disability scooter center the guy told me all the tiles just took off!smashed a few cars debris scattered a good 100 yrds .

Wow even the roofing felt Posted Image

Edited by keithlucky

The disruption this has caused really shows the difference between

70mph on exposed coasts/50mph inland

and

90mph on coasts and 70mph inland

The figures I am using may not be spot on but you get the idea.

A lot of disruption here today, and a lot of people concerned about getting home from work, especially with Briton Ferry bridge being closed.

Could do with a spell of boring weather after recently.

Edited by J10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Here in Milford Haven I personally recorded a gust of 52.9 mph which for me is high. However the Cleddau bridge recorded a gust of 94mph!  So many roads closed due to trees being down.

woody

Posted

I can see about 6/7 branches broke off from the house when those showers came the wind was terrific.I see Bala has got wind measure now that's new.

Its on XC map 38 gusting to hurricane force gusts at 76mph.http://www.xcweather.co.uk/GB/observationsSeemed abit of a lull here but picked up again,be seeing what damage is done about tomorrow.Capel carig a modest 43 gusting 83mph but turned westerly.Did have a few hail showers earlier.This is different to February 1988 storm that turned NW-ly. Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Distant lightning to my north! Quite a lively day! The wind is mad, with hail and mammatus clouds to follow around 4pm..

Posted

Same here ,terrible weather my greenhouse has been trashed,no way back for it other than the skip,Gutted. Lights flickering on and off,hate the wind just hope we don't have anything like it again!

Posted

Same here ,terrible weather my greenhouse has been trashed,no way back for it other than the skip,Gutted. Lights flickering on and off,hate the wind just hope we don't have anything like it again!

hold onto anything else ya got - Friday isn't looking very good either - another nasty low whipping up at us from the south west this time!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms snow sun

Tree gone around the corner on top of someone's car yes Fridays looking bad again . Been years since I seen winds this bad today it was the roar it made

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Andy, looked at the fax chart myself earlier. Do you reckon Friday will be as bad for us?  what time do you reckon it would hit, mate.

woody

Posted

The disruption this has caused really shows the difference between

70mph on exposed coasts/50mph inland

and

90mph on coasts and 70mph inland

The figures I am using may not be spot on but you get the idea.

A lot of disruption here today, and a lot of people concerned about getting home from work, especially with Briton Ferry bridge being closed.

Could do with a spell of boring weather after recently.

Yes J10 the 9 by 6 boards to cordon of the building sites blew across Fabian way like paper towels so they had to wait for them to be secured by them,they are still there now, and fabian way is still not open

Edited by keithlucky