Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Winter Regional Discussion 07/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

I may venture out to see the flooding and experience the wind when it brightens this afternoon..

Posted

I think the rain has proved too much for my Vantage Vue stopped logging but the rain is still pouring :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

post-10773-0-48918500-1392204295_thumb.j

HIGHEST RED ALERT for N WALES/NW ENGLAND

Met Office have issued the highest alert level for a storm that will be extremely dangerous giving a risk to life. This in in line with where we expect the most damaging winds. Take precautions and do not travel if you are in these areas.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=map&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1392163200&regionName=nw

Posted

well that wind has picked up loads the last half hr and very strong, I hope it don't get any worse and hope that other areas don't get what is predicted for them.

Posted

lovely shot of the storm/low/hurricane as it approaches us on here - you can even see a lovely EYE developing on the "hurricane" too - http://www.sat24.com/en/eu

even better close up - http://www.sat24.com/en/gb

some interesting discussions in the model thread around a possible easterly set up once again - March could be our coldest month this year again!

from Irish regional - "Storm now upgraded to a category 2 hurricane!! Jez that's mad!! "

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe disruptive snow or any other severe weather!

Parked up by mumbles head safely with popcorn ready for some nice gusts, i think im so sad but theres others here so its ok, was bad when i got here but seems to have died down any one know when i can expect the strongest gusts for here?

Edited by Gavla
  • Like 2

Posted

18mm additional frontal rain today in just 5 hours, dried up still windy though, showers not far off I guess, better nip out with the dog!

Posted

massive massive hail storm here now - unbelievably bad

Mumbles now up to 76mph

Winds off southern Ireland around 90mph

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Scary 61mph gust a record (only been on roof 6 months) and we are inland

Posted

metoffice just issued a RED ! Warning for wind of storm force 12 for parts of wales . Stay sefe people .

Sorry couldn`t resist.

Gusting to 81 in Plymouth that's heading torwards us.Posted Image

Edited by Snowyowl9
  • Like 1

Posted

This is what i was born for, have no idea of gusts but down here on mumbles head the mean wind speeds must be at least 40mph +

Posted

This is what i was born for, have no idea of gusts but down here on mumbles head the mean wind speeds must be at least 40mph +

1200 Mean 56mph gusts 75mph Mumbles notheing out of ordinary there as yet!

• Like 1

Posted

1200 Mean 56mph gusts 75mph Mumbles notheing out of ordinary there as yet!

Im staying here for few hours its crazy enough as it is and good to watch from a safe distance of course hope everyone takes care. Can i ask where u get that information from? Edited by Gavla

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Don't have any weather station with me here in Aberystwyth but gusts in the 40s I would say here, expecting that to nearly double later though going by the forecasts!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

After a grim morning of lashing rain sweeping through the valley, it has stopped raining, the sky is clearing and it is almost windless.  Radar shows rain passed through. At what time are these gales due to sweep up? Between the nice meto lady forecast 'windy' and the bbc morning 'armaggedon' how do we know what is going to whack through? 

Posted

Im staying here for few hours its crazy enough as it is and good to watch from a safe distance of course hope everyone takes care. Can i ask where u get that information from?

I should think 80 to 90mph is possible this afternoon there

Don't have any weather station with me here in Aberystwyth but gusts in the 40s I would say here, expecting that to nearly double later though going by the forecasts!

If its gusting 61mph here it will be gusting 80mph Aber

After a grim morning of lashing rain sweeping through the valley, it has stopped raining, the sky is clearing and it is almost windless.  Radar shows rain passed through. At what time are these gales due to sweep up? Between the nice meto lady forecast 'windy' and the bbc morning 'armaggedon' how do we know what is going to whack through? 

Perhaps you are fortunate in having your valley afford you shelter from the SW?

Plenty of showers packing in from the west

Posted

This is crazy can feel wind under car feels lik its trying to lift during gusts!

Posted

well I know the winds are supposed to be strongest in west and north but on this mountain these are the strongest so far this winter in my area, chairs and boxes lifting out the garden with some gusts. not nice at all and I feel for anyone who is getting far worse I hate the blooming wind.

Posted

this afternoon will be the worst - 100mph winds now showing south of ireland - these will migrate more towards west coast of Wales and North Wales as the afternoon goes on - very very dangerous conditions

edit - mumbles now 92mph gusts - now that is unusual!

a gust out in southern ireland - hitting 110mph - my god!

Edited by andymusic