Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Winter Regional Discussion 07/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

has snowed here - and settled a little - more showers incoming on radar! (reports in Ireland suggest they might be of rain) - we shall see

considering the winds got up last night - seems very calm right now - was expecting the winds to continue and get worse - just looking at xcweather - gusts on the west coast of Wales already up to around 60mph!

Dowlais on the traffic cam this morning!

post-7852-0-12812600-1391246998_thumb.jp

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Woke to a dusting here,lush soooooo excited. Temp dropping now and sleeting. Can't imagine what I'm going to be like if we had proper snow,got excited over a dusting! Wind also picking up

• Like 1

Posted

Woke to a dusting here,lush soooooo excited. Temp dropping now and sleeting. Can't imagine what I'm going to be like if we had proper snow,got excited over a dusting! Wind also picking up

Some very heavy showers approaching now whiskers you could have a slush fest!

Posted

7th feb keeps showing up as another possibility for wintry weather for us on the models

Posted Image

Mumbles already up to nearly 65mph gusts! - here we go again

Edited by andymusic

Posted

A dusting on the hills above 300m by the looks here. Nothing down with me though.

A few cold lovers saying they would now be happy with just dry weather whether it be mild or cold. I have to say I agree.I was hoping I wouldnt see such a prolongled wet spell for a very long time after 2012 but here we are again so soon.

I can't cope with any more!

Edited by Cwmbran Eira

Posted

the rain is back and washing the little snow I had away - crikey - the window for the snow was all of about 4 - 5 hours - blink and you'd miss it - winds really gusting now just off the south coast of Ireland - nearly hitting 90mph!!!!!!

looks like Pen Y Fan has taken a pasting though

Posted Image

well this current shower is trying to fight back with the wintry stuff - some wet snow in there too now

another shower now - wet snow

Edited by andymusic

The temperatures dropped significantly overnight, which was to be expected as the Upper Temps dropped from 0 to +3c at 6pm last evening to  -2c to -4c at midnight and finally to -5c to -6c at 6am,  temps are now rising again, minimising any snow potential to the Highest ground.

Wet here this morning, just had a shower, which gave a white covering, a mix of rain and soft hail.

• Like 1

has snowed here - and settled a little - more showers incoming on radar! (reports in Ireland suggest they might be of rain) - we shall see

considering the winds got up last night - seems very calm right now - was expecting the winds to continue and get worse - just looking at xcweather - gusts on the west coast of Wales already up to around 60mph!

Dowlais on the traffic cam this morning!

Indeed Breezy here this morning already. Posted Image

We had a dusting here too, sleet/wet snow and hail now but is becoming increasly rainy and the dusting is being washed away. Some thunder later and we've got the whole kitchen sink!

The tops of the mountains around 400mm are still fairly white and I bet the Brecon Beacons have a decent covering.

Shame the heaviest of the precip came as it turned more rainy.

Edited by Bobby

Posted

Yellow Warning of Wind for Wales : Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Gwynedd, Isle of Anglesey, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Pembrokeshire, Powys, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Swansea, Torfaen, Vale of Glamorgan & Wrexham valid from 1125 Sat 01 Feb to 0300 Sun 02 Feb

Yellow Alert of Rain for Wales : Powys, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Monmouthshire, Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Merthyr Tydfil, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Swansea, Torfaen, Vale of Glamorgan & Pembrokeshire valid from 1800 Tue 04 Feb to 2300 Wed 05 Feb

Posted

and so the warnings keep coming - pass the snorkel please lol

Yellow Alert of Rain for Wales : Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Gwynedd, Isle of Anglesey, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Pembrokeshire, Powys, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Swansea, Torfaen & Vale of Glamorgan valid from 0015 Mon 03 Feb to 1800 Mon 03 Feb

some interesting little barreling lows coming across us again and again next week - could bring something wintry with them!
Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Recent gusts of 82mph at Aberdaron and 72mph at Pembrey Sands, I have a feeling this combined with the high tides and incoming surge could be bad news for Aberystwyth and some other coastal areas this evening.

Posted

More flood warnings out for Newport; high tides, surge and strong winds are coinciding tonight. Got a phonecall from env. agency to expect flooding here.

Winds are picking up but still fairly quiet 

Posted

So very tired of all this rain and wind. Such a pain for so many people - we badly need at least a few weeks of dry, calm weather in February.

• Like 1

Posted

So very tired of all this rain and wind. Such a pain for so many people - we badly need at least a few weeks of dry, calm weather in February.

Then there'll be a hosepipe ban!

Posted

Can any confirm blue flashes in the sky over Cardiff not sure if its fireworks as was driving lashing down

haven't seen any, as was driving back through the lanes near st fagans back to heath (avoiding the rugby traffic) about 1/2 hr ago.

Not sure how much CAPE and LI there is.