Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Winter Regional Discussion 07/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

A real heavy shower will hit mid Wales in a few hrs a whopper lol !

Tweet from BBC Sleet/snow showers for parts of south Wales and southern England overnight - a few cms possible mainly on the grass.

Posted

Just had flash of lightening here in aberdare

must have been from some distance away as nothing really close on radar - after tomoz morning - wednesday evening is sizing up to be our next apt with the wintry stuff - this time from the East

Posted Image

Posted Image

and then friday - some more westerly action - ONE LOVELY slider low

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

just sits on Wales and snows most of the day! - last day of Jan!

edit - on this gfs run - it continues into Saturday too - we welcome the 1st FEB - may it be a very snowy month!

double edit - and into sunday too - wow - this may make up for our long long wait finally!

triple edit:- and just to top it off - throws a channel low in with -5/-6 over the snow fields of Wales and adds some more snow to it for next Monday - what a model run - I'm sure details will change - and it won't end up quite like that - but flipping awesome to finally see winter does still exist!

strong word of caution I suppose - GFS may have been on the heavy stuff tonight - brandys or whiskeys - but let's hope it's onto something

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

There was a flash of lightning here a few minutes ago, but didn't way to say anything as there didn't appear to be anything on any Lightning Detectors.

Funnily enough I thought I saw a distant flash to the SE just about 2010 while walking the dog!

I've moved down to Swansea last week, and while it has many advantages, I do mourn the snow-friendliness of my previous mid-Wales location. Radar suggest it is snowing in Llandrindod Wells now, which would be the first since Christmas there.

No snow yet in my (low down) part of Swansea, just a bit of hail about half an hour ago. Am hoping for a bit of snow in showers over the next few hours.

That's quite a change of scenery and weather for you Mike..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Flash of lightning here in Cardiff around 8pm, very bright as I was walking to the bus stop! Rain with hail to follow, just hope that the showers pep up overnight so I get to see a snowflake or two!

Posted

Finally some convective PPN coming into South Wales on radar!

Edited by Panayiotis
  • Like 1

Posted

There's a trough currently over Ireland heading our way for later which should bring some organised precipitation, hopefully there's a good bit of snow in there. Get those lamposts ready!

They have been since 10pm hahaha But that trough is linked with higher dew points/uppers so for lower ground its much more marginal...

PS Showers now approaching my location,so we'll see what falls! 

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted

Its snowing in Cardiff!! Followed by massive hail stones! Everything white with a crack of thunder!

Edited by Panayiotis
  • Like 1

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Panayiotis, January 27, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Panayiotis, January 27, 2014 - No reason given

Hail in Cardiff (using night scene Posted Image )

Posted

Hail in Cardiff (using night scene Posted Image )

post-17320-0-20398500-1390781945_thumb.j

Edited by Panayiotis
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms snow sun

Woke the kids up lol thought the roof was going to cave in looks like more on the radar taken a pic on the tablet bit dark though still here now not melted

Posted

Well lets see what the stuff from Ireland brings! Have a feeling that it will be rain for low levels due to higher DP's but we will see!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Well lets see what the stuff from Ireland brings! Have a feeling that it will be rain for low levels due to higher DP's but we will see!

Yes, wouldnt expect much from that area of precip, DP's rising from around -1 to 2/3c for most. Higher ground be ok though. Great hail shower in cardiff earlier.

• Like 1

Posted

Yes, wouldnt expect much from that area of precip, DP's rising from around -1 to 2/3c for most. Higher ground be ok though. Great hail shower in cardiff earlier.

It was amazing, havent seen that sized hail in a long time! Loved the crack of thunder at the end! 

PS Some showers approaching me now, will report when/if they arrive Posted Image...

EDIT:Falling as hail...

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

It was amazing, havent seen that sized hail in a long time! Loved the crack of thunder at the end! 

PS Some showers approaching me now, will report when/if they arrive Posted Image...

Hail, sleet, snow, rain, everything in this shower hitting Cardiff now

• Like 1

Posted

Hail, sleet, snow, rain, everything in this shower hitting Cardiff now

Yep, cleared now with some distant thunder, did you hear it? Going to wait until the band of PPN comes over then go to sleep I think! 

Posted

snowing with hail + lightning

Beacons are getting a pasting as usual

post-7852-0-79010000-1390793828_thumb.jp

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme snow rain wind

Nothing in Neath. Not even ice on windscreen

Still got snow lying frozen over gritters out last night......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Very noisy in Cardiff last night, lots of hail and thunder.