Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Weather Discussion 07/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

dont think we will get any snow tbh

I feel like giving on this snow search.I dont think we will get snow either.Fed up with the Model Thread too cant make my mind up whos talking sense and whos not especially with the cold/mild bias that goes on in there.Temp down to 3c.
  • Like 2

Posted

I feel like giving on this snow search.I dont think we will get snow either.Fed up with the Model Thread too cant make my mind up whos talking sense and whos not especially with the cold/mild bias that goes on in there.Temp down to 3c.

the mod thread is terrible to much bias and imby they only see what they want to and are always left with egg on there faces they ramp things up to much and then moan when things dont come off

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I think its trying to hail again here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

the mod thread is terrible to much bias and imby they only see what they want to and are always left with egg on there faces they ramp things up to much and then moan when things dont come off

You're not wrong.. I gave up posting in the model thread for this reason, and also because my one liners where being mistaken for wind ups. Still If you watch the models alot, you get a hint of when models are right and models are wrong.. All to often the best way to resolve whether a model is right or wrong, is to use your instinct.. overanalysis will results in analyses that aren't always correct.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Already a covering in some places/S Wales sleet/snow showers also in parts of Ireland

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Interesting, it's 6.0C here at the moment with the wind off the estuary, but dewpoint is 0.7C, so probably showers would be of rain and hail.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

26th January and still havent had one wet snow flake all winter!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Clearing skies here, i think, temp 9 degrees! Lol its got warmer after 5 and 6 degrees today...so no chance!

• Like 1

Posted

26th January and still havent had one wet snow flake all winter!

Thursday had first flakes here that ive seen, was pretty heavy and laid but saw first flakes in mossley in early december....hoping as many as possible get a covering tonight, myself included....as with showers though unpredictable and radar watch mixed with curtain twitching....roast eaten, fire on and wine now poured.....Just checked temp its 1c and clouded over.... Wind is lightest its been all day... Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

the temps don't have too be low for it to snow, look at last year for example it was 4C and it was snowing heavily. It only need dew point to drop low enough to snow. It is 6C right now and who knows what it will bring tonight.

Posted

Well its not snowing here well I am suprised NOT....off for beer......

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

It gets better.............Cornwall, Cardiff, Bristol, Swindon and loads of other places in the SW are reporting snow Posted Image Posted Image . Time out.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry/mild/warm/sunny/high pressure/no snow/no rain

You're not wrong.. I gave up posting in the model thread for this reason, and also because my one liners where being mistaken for wind ups. Still If you watch the models alot, you get a hint of when models are right and models are wrong.. All to often the best way to resolve whether a model is right or wrong, is to use your instinct.. overanalysis will results in analyses that aren't always correct.

I'm surprised there is any discussion left in there at all - the mods seem to find new excuses of what is "acceptable" and what isn't. I know many who have stopped posting in there. Once I got a warning PM purely because "I posted a mild chart and most people are looking for cold and it was cherry picked"

Yet these mods (no offence) talk about recognising peoples different weather tastes and respecting them.......so with me being me I had a right go at the moderator lol.

Then you have the drama queens who seem to need anti-depressants through no snow "Winter is over!" .......

Overall it's a decent forum but a lot of people on here spoil it.

Anyway tonight I reckon some in our region will see a covering but it won't last long even at height. As the colder uppers get mixed out again before sunrise.

Edited by Gaz1985

Posted

Ive read it wrong lol its actually 5.7 degrees, getting windy, feels cold and some clouds rolling in covering the clear skies

Posted

Awe nowt here

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Nothing in the skies here except the police helicopter !!lol

• Like 3

Posted

been at for over 5 mins covers white but quickly melts

Nothing in the skies here except the police helicopter !!lol

Maybe they are looking for snow too and have heard that the higher u are the better chance of snow;)
  • Like 5