IGNORED

North West Regional Weather Discussion 07/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Option 2 LOLPosted Image

c.s

Posted

rubbish out just been to the shop for my medicine and its flippin awful out brrr

Temp down to 3c

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

That squall line earlier was insane. Torrential rain, hail, very high winds, thunder every few seconds!

• Like 3

Posted

ECM is a very snowy run

so maybe edging to option 1Posted Image

C.S

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

ECM is a very snowy run

so maybe edging to option 1Posted Image

C.S

Maybe onto something, saw a couple of Highways Agency gritters on the M66 this afternoon with ploughs fitted unless this is standard practice and off course they could just be spreading sand in readiness for the surface melting during an impending heatwave.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Places above 200M in cumbria could get some significent snow tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Starting to get confident of at least seeing a covering tomorrow although no doubt rapidly followed by a slushy mess.

Plenty more chances following next week though if luck is on our side.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Not expecting anything here , might as well be 60 metres bellow sea level for what snow we get !!.....

feels like I am 104m bsl, or -104m

• Like 1

Posted

Not expecting anything here , might as well be 60 metres bellow sea level for what snow we get !!.....

Manchester north above 200m will see snow tomorrow

C.S

Sorry my reply was to iand

Edited by cheshire snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Just found this weather site on my fb feed....look at that lightening pic in manchester today!

https://www.facebook.com/UKWeather4You?ft[tn]=k&ft[qid]=5972930604358913973&ft[mf_story_key]=-4152349069060713378&ft[ei]=AQJE-wCGBX9WLU0fERXqMgYrwFBGeS-C1DrRLbwwjJRp0Yx7f0vd4HMf-Qzc1IZfDwJRjaZGX9ZCqvOoIBjiczaTAjP52qBp49pSfh5dw6CaQGgnpUWZMkkZ7gCfevMsDQyPnHysAaTVJt1asFeMnGzrTI-XepZ5Bv4KTXJm3gbfawq-tcAsDlmLq9rAThV1lJT5MaSvB_z8ZCr0GN9GB2d6Bd81uY6vwNgYDo9llYKRHO6WtVUA377zl_nLZD1K2NPmmH58fo0zEiPdABfkLCsEFN2moN8taA0_GOcAcSd2sIBFDQg8Zmk8jjWon_8-CJx4I-ZM8BqC-6_CGRt_VoRIhI4Sd0B4k876PW1Tnxoam2OVDzvc4dzBCreai4dP9WzaYPxrUdbWBFGHF0FsDUVWm2hew8wIIG3vmrrXUXEXrTqoKzE5Kr_uuZszh13Y8yP6NlVah6AmhxTui7f4rfhXQ_jZHmJCvP9XBVN6s79WnKDX7rBcHSOguacgGZQGWphlY8iXFPYeQoqRE7BtMQQOfRwc3q4tVWqxNPKSk7n9tXIhwdmM9pucPWh7WfMIg2986APKnoiLe3Sbds7ct3aR-PWPhaTLjwupgxOpEv_RyV0J1feDOlwtGk4kWKidzS4Sq8KCkDiuBiLVJBNoudNCs2Q_lqUg9bIfcaqUcA1Bi3qocHkgSC_k3lgQ7rIfdvgPAuk7TiNMOqYmu5v9TPIP-vprAtZshXSlUnAnS4KoQ8jgSVyibDwC-css303BJN1-j2ZqTST1ebN_Ci-IlqPVgpNcePPBptryv2Pl7BrpOBINeKi_EhLpE4Mcx9IKdKxNIpLHGoKZReemPkSkGgamlIV3MdjN0XVTg8tnuYnUUaoZDVI2vyug2aitwNvZo5sWs_lqUIhscJIgtscq_Up2p3WIOI6BHrWa7ZDIQZqBGsuFm6bcJcEU4NTurvIP2alvShEJ7wUw8ued2KfY-XxDJ9_vAVmjaRS5NEHkleraRKVgg0SMUF--kIQSrdno_C_Ps4MaGgvmNNfJKgOv4SBSc7EC99Dt3IWxquD-L0enCcBJ8FOu0WFdKws0bTSw4BUdWmHVSfliWePHHip8FKW-QGjZjVrTAdRxJtSR7yB-IiOfFGWkYS2liUpoBPEZkeDOpovKjRRScsh2cRgWluAR63TuVhYLWontUqoxEwlI2ECaSBGhpOjPXym2n85nQf8V0eKtd1XWOUGxwqUKlZbw3bg_lQ-ulyp5oBIjqHampRIGDzo-uYa2tc9FU9zrVYKo647abBAjc_yTciB3-Iyx8-XB-DB8sPxtwaeHVCzBCHgF2tkHyYJhYLcJOZR2_ia-AfrhKwo5qYl-TZlm_WtoOrItw4m7rea8eYInjCvcouVchgMfH_1Uyh4VAlLWXOCAeB85HjwgAtxo_ImRkLKcNojOU3wNinGRpcbvFtuBOF5CQO9DZBIjULyKgPdW8JORjDJTKIjf2PIVcajzvrJvl1VUimWOgZIMk1xVpeidgbL3jjYWX-fDHA_9dE9YWUc3l10ZQMMQw8JIu4VNNavlzh89IX8QaVoDKp0Ef2GQZSyHm04QhI_owig6u3dBZPIxlS7GBslZ0_Q2v3Bo8SP0b1O-yL1mBzd-uZwtJxCR3J15cV75IKfCqOC2WTslwLcCBt5bZ55CECKENj0vxu3pXWQPpdVrG4zcK1InbQZE6TaE6GafEXMXJ7rtSGEa0kHsCC3gBdcrhDZpordtDDx40ryrlstRrERt63PeyNotpWanO8-X01XXMgeBBBdF3lpgfzwIiCUEIIgqm3-wkwmQl45W7GP-bWhltKjRl_jpmRrzV8cCh15PiBjML3DxATE_IK5elYT1IICSHsp1u3oqFvBtUZut5nBBb3wo_85Xkg&ft[fbfeed_location]=1&__md__=1

• Like 1

Posted

Manchester north above 200m will see snow tomorrow  C.S  Sorry my reply was to iand

Hope so, i'm in on both counts there.

Posted

A church of all places http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-25896795. Scary, i feel for those people whos houses were hit, scares me it does.

Born and spent my early years in Birmingham at gravelly hill, I don't remember the incident but during a bad thunderstorm the chimney was struck by lighting and came crashing through three floors of the old victorian house we lived in nearly killing us , my mother would hide if we ever got a bad thunderstorm after that !!!.....

Posted

Gawd blimey im not suprised your mother would go and hide, i would be right behind her!!! Your very very lucky!! People dont realise how dangerous they actually are, exciting, but dangerous at the same time..but i suppose thats the excitment part about it, isnt it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Dry here but its cold out. Calm weather for now x

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

Snow falling here. Flakes amongst raindrops, not sleet though!

• Like 1

Posted

Just plain old wet rain here.

Only 2.6c so certainly cold enough for snow to reach the ground but it looks like uppers are too warm or too much higher level mixing has taken place.

Conditions are favourable though for hefty showers to turn wintry later so not too downhearted but was hoping to see something from the main system.

Maybe i'm just being greedy.

Posted

Thought there may be a slim chance of seeing some wintry precipitation this morning, but alas woken up to rain. Yes uppers are too high and it will be interesting to note how low the snowline is later today.

This evening and overnight could see some sleety wet snow showers down to quite modest levels... we shall see.

It looks a very uninspiring day weatherwise - a proper dark wet January.

• Like 1

Posted

Just seen a bit of melting sleet (couldn't even call it snow) on the bathroom Velux window.

Hardly time to get the snow shovel out and stock up on essentials but I suppose it gives a bit more confidence on the borderline situation we are currently in.

Posted

Just plain old wet rain here.Only 2.6c so certainly cold enough for snow to reach the ground but it looks like uppers are too warm or too much higher level mixing has taken place.Conditions are favourable though for hefty showers to turn wintry later so not too downhearted but was hoping to see something from the main system.Maybe i'm just being greedy.

Looking a bit more sleety now, hopefully the back end will put in some colder air.