Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Weather Discussion 07/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry/mild/warm/sunny/high pressure/no snow/no rain

Well it looks like I'm right on the border of the rain/snow, could be very borderline by first thing tomorrow. Elevation could be a key player.

Posted Image

Posted

Looks like most of the showery activity is occurring a bit further south at present, but it looks like it will be a slushy mix rather than beautiful white powdery snow for all but the highest hills.  The 18z has thrown a spanner in the works and suggest the end of week low will not so easily power it's way through the block to the east, and could give battleground chances for parts of the UK, but it needs more support in the morning for it to be taken seriously.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Its doing something here, getting very windy again and very light fine snow, freezing too

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Yep showers have been just north of here and way south..... That radar is looking peachy for early hours though.....

Those showers over in Ireland won't make it here. They've been there all day, they die out as they hit the sea and lose their energy.

If you're seeing showers right now, there's a chance they'll continue throughout the night. If not, there's no window of opportunity, it's dry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Looks like there weren't any more showers after I went to bed. There's some more organised stuff heading our way now, but it may be too late with the uppers rising etc. But we shall see!

• Like 1

Posted

i'm going to go out  and checck th precipitation type.Im near places 300ft and a little hight .i may stroll up there.

Edited by greybing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Just heavy sleet here now. Could this be the first winter in my lifetime I haven't seen lying snow, not even a dusting? Well there's still February and the first half of March to go I suppose!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Nothing whatsoever here. If its does snow last night it would'nt stick because of wet surfaces. It did get snow last night but I blame the wet ground.

Edited by pip22

Posted

Just heavy sleet here now. Could this be the first winter in my lifetime I haven't seen lying snow, not even a dusting? Well there's still February and the first half of March to go I suppose!

I'm 99.99% certain of a snowless January now, not one snowflake and by the looks of it nothing for the first week of February.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I prefer the last Thursday night's weather anyday over this damp squid. So far I rate this winter 3/10 so far. Worse since 2007-2008.

Edited by pip22

Posted

Low cloud has lifted slightly and uncovered hill near woodhead pass and can see a slightly white top....seventh time this winter the hills have had a slight covering...probably 450m

Posted

Washout here,,,cold though

Posted

Another miserable weekend out of the way .... when will it end.

Heavy rain saturday and again yesterday. A little hail thrown into the mix last night.  

Cold chances now all but gone for the end of the week, more and more rain to come with some of the model runs looking very wet for next week.  At least I'm used to snowless winters here Posted Image

Posted

Not even enough snow up in Buxton to make a snowman, things looking increasingly better later on into this week as a beasterly begins to get established.

Posted

You know why do they even bother in the mod thread looking at charts when they just dont come true, i know the British weather is very fickle, so why put yourself through the heartache? They arent learning anything at all other than a pointless excercise that the charts just dont happen.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

No snow even on the local fells which are a few hundred meters asl, the worst winter since 1876 continues

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

A bright sunny day here with blue skies