Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Weather Discussion 07/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Was in the clouds earlier....drizzle came in and was enveloped in fog/ cloud/ drizzle..... Was only 2-3c most of the day but now 5c and drizzle but can see the hills opposite now..... Hoping sunday night/monday comes off....but thinking itll be sleet again.... Ie wet under foot and not white but hills will be white again... As always wait and see but keeps on being put back....now friday next week lookslike snowfest on gfs but ?ing it....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Cold, wet and miserable here but at 4.6c, to high for snow or, it appears even sleet.

The tops were white this morning but this soon dissapeared as the rain moved in although hopefully tomorrow will see them looking more seasonal again.

Before the next area of rain arrives of course.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Been raining all day here, flooding in surrounding areas, now its sleety rain at 5 c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Given the eastern bias in the MOD thread is the ECM better or worse for us?

If they're saying it's one for the bin then it's probably due to give us the biggest dumping since the last ice age but the GFS is still on board with promising some wintry weather across much of the country, ourselves included over the next week or so.TBH after watching Eno's weekend forecast a few minutes ago I might pop into the SE regional thread, sorry model thread to try and get my spirits up a bit.
  • Like 1

Posted

One thing you need to look at the mod thread with is a regional bias..... If it snows in x location most will be biased in not liking it if its not going to snow in se then everyone hates mods forum because vast majority on here are there... And vice versa.... I think elevation will benefit but i think current models are good for us up nw.....but youve got to take out peoples agendas and locations when looking at mods thread bias....

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

One thing you need to look at the mod thread with is a regional bias..... If it snows in x location most will be biased in not liking it if its not going to snow in se then everyone hates mods forum because vast majority on here are there... And vice versa.... I think elevation will benefit but i think current models are good for us up nw.....but youve got to take out peoples agendas and locations when looking at mods thread bias....

better for you than anyone, 40+ cms for you off that ECM, but not for me ECM is pants

Posted

Rain rain rain and rain

Posted

Surprised to see frozen snow deposits down to sea level this morning near Grange-over-Sands, usually the mildest part of Cumbria. I can only put it down to some very intense precipitation yesterday - it was very localised and shows the power of evaporative cooling.

The prospects for low level snow next week are increasingly high - dewpoints and uppers will be even more favourable than yesterday.

Looking like winter has finally arrived.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Posted Image

Nothing really to addPosted Image

C.S

• Like 2

Posted

Its actually sleeting here at 6 degrees?

• Like 1

Posted

Its actually snowing here! Very fine flakes, the sky is orange,,,quite alot coming down but not even wetting my hand but the torch light you can see quite a bit coming down...its not even cold out there, so i dont get it?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Probably drizzle, sometimes they can appear as flakes if very light, but I dont think it shouldn't be conducive to snow. 

It's 10C here currently.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Had some heavy rain for most of the day. Thank god its stopped ☔ï¸â˜”ï¸

Posted
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station
  • Weather Preferences: winter snow summer lots of sun

As far as I can see it's still game on for the cold and white stuff would go with the metro model output especially as there faxes are carbon copies of the model southerners In a sulk as they won't get it before us but god help us when they do you have to try and read through 20 pages an hour in the mod thread when they do lol

Edited by davacr123
  • Like 3

Posted

http://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/glossop/sk13-8/daily-weather-forecast/327551

5-10cm tomorrow? Plus bbc local forecasts going for snow and wintry showers through this week starting tomorrow

• Like 2

Posted

Strange because the model chat is flipping between appreciable snowfalls even down to low levels, to at best occasional hill snow and sleety mix next week - nothing is nailed on yet.  In the meantime might have to get your outdoor stuff done this morning, because heavy showers forecast for this afternoon - nicely making their way into the Irish Sea at present.

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted

Off down butchers to get 1lb of sausages with free bacon and eggs for nice hearty fryup....off tonight to the grouse inn for burns night dinner too....would be nice to get some snow tonight to add to the occassion ;)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter snow summer lots of sun

Well that's interesting with low pressure meant to be coming in the pressure is rising hummmm the plot thickens

post-16288-0-30757100-1390645428_thumb.j

Posted

Suns out but skies going quite grey