Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Weather Discussion 07/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

same here, but I think it was down to veg I had at tea time !!!.....

Trust u to lower the tone ;p

It getting quite windy now

SPROUTS AGAIN MIAMAY ???????

Blimey winds got up, getting some really strong gusts now

Not u aswell stay away from green veg girls.
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Shocker so far from the 18z GFS! Are we really heading towards a virtually snow less Winter?

Yes you could tell that run was a fail from about 70 hours!!!, a record for me -  I switched to the strat charts before low res even kicked in, the strat warming is continued, also the very highest ground in the North West might get a blizzard if the run verified!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry/mild/warm/sunny/high pressure/no snow/no rain

Shocker so far from the 18z GFS! Are we really heading towards a virtually snow less Winter?

As long as I can remember I have never known a snowless Winter here, we've always had at least a dusting and even if it only lasted a day........... I guess there's a first for everything including a snowless one! But still I think there will be snow in Feb even if it's at the end.

Edited by Gaz1985
  • Like 1

As long as I can remember I have never known a snowless Winter here, we've always had at least a dusting and even if it only lasted a day........... I guess there's a first for everything including a snowless one! But still I think there will be snow in Feb even if it's at the end.

I hope you're right!

Posted

I don't want to jinx it but I would say at some point this vortex will break down in feb and we will have a shot at a decent cold spell but a) everything has to fall into place still and b) even decent cold spells don't deliver for everyone, 2009 feb had blizzard conditions for a large part of the UK yet some parts of the North West didn't have a flake.

I don't want to jinx it but I would say at some point this vortex will break down in feb and we will have a shot at a decent cold spell but a) everything has to fall into place still and Posted Image even decent cold spells don't deliver for everyone, 2009 feb had blizzard conditions for a large part of the UK yet some parts of the North West didn't have a flake.

Such an uplifting post! lol :D

• Like 1

Posted

Such an uplifting post! lol Posted Image

Don't worry its not one of my pessimistic doom merchant posts, I do feel we will get something, its just I don't like getting peoples hopes up and always have to caveat, I don't actually think I have ever had a snowless winter and im in my late 30s.

Posted

The most snowless winter I can remember was not any of the mildest ones, it was an anticyclonic one: 1991-92. Saw snow precipitation from freezing fog during mid late January which gave a covering. Proper snow came in mid February 1992 but it was wet. There was a little bit of snow in March one Friday night from showers and wet snow mid April but that was it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

The most snowless winter I can remember was not any of the mildest ones, it was an anticyclonic one: 1991-92. Saw snow precipitation from freezing fog during mid late January which gave a covering. Proper snow came in mid February 1992 but it was wet. There was a little bit of snow in March one Friday night from showers and wet snow mid April but that was it.

What about 99-00? only snow I saw was 3-4 Apr, only around 1cm, nothing like what the SE got

Posted

What about 99-00? only snow I saw was 3-4 Apr, only around 1cm, nothing like what the SE got

Saw snow before Christmas 1999, which laid temporarily and a day of lying snow (Met Office rules) during mid February 2000 and there was a snow shower early March 2000, wet snow early April. Edited by Weather-history

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I think this winter is the most snow-free since 2007-08 here. I'm not gonna even bother post here until anything interesting winterwise.

Mild winter = Boring. Posted Image

Edited by pip22
  • Like 4

Not sure why people are moaning.It is nice to see snow and im a lover of the stuff but the fact is it is not exactly the norm for thi cou ntry in winter to get any. Its nice when it happens yes, but it is hardly a surprise and more a typical british winter when it doesnt

Edited by theskyatnight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Not sure why people are moaning.It is nice to see snow and im a lover of the stuff but the fact is it is not exactly the norm for thi cou ntry in winter to get any. Its nice when it happens yes, but it is hardly a surprise and more a typical british winter when it doesnt

Not so sure about this being a typical winter, far from it terms of the lack of frost and even in winters where snow has been scarce we have normally scraped windscreens far more often than this time.Yes location and certainly altitude play a part but from an IMBY perspective this is the poorest in terms of snow and frost I can remember, certainly for the last 20 years or so.

Posted

night all. Happy Birthday to me tomoz. Just incase i dont av time tomoz. Stay safe in this crap weather lol.

Posted

Please talk to me im lonely lol.

If it was snowing it wud be different...cant shut yas up;)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Worst winter for cold weather EVER!!! So dull

Edited by I Cumbria Marra I
  • Like 1