Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Weather Discussion 07/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

no snow for me , at your altitude I'm surprised you don't need supplemental oxygen so snow shouldn't be a problem for you !!!....

Haha.....very good.... Havent had any snow here yet this winter but might of had falling snow last night whilst asleep....snow laid on hills but was literally 30-60m hill above me.....
  • Like 2

Posted

-3c hard frost.....patio is lethal....very slippy.... Cars are encrusted in frost/ice.... Coldest night so far has been -5c....bit to go to beat that....

Bit mad to think thats the coldest ive recorded yet ocala florida recorded -7c the other day....thats near orlando.... A relative of mine lives in ocala....

Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted

-4c........brrrrrr....... High cloud no fog in valley yet.....

Latest gfs 2-3c with heavy precip tomoz....lookslike sleet again....but gfs has snow monday....fingers xsd

Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted

Patchy snow cover down to around 1500ft in some parts today.

It has been a lovely winters day - just the tonic after weeks of endless grey skies rain and wind. This evening has been a proper wintry one, everything coated white and still with starry sky, though cloud has just invaded.. Pity we haven't experienced many similar days this winter - reinforces what we have been missing. The Christmas period really was a shocker.

• Like 1

Posted

Wow i actually have frost...cars covered roof etc.

Looks really nice.

0c here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Makes a nice change to actually see some frost this winter.

Next, maybe even snow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station
  • Weather Preferences: winter snow summer lots of sun
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station

Oh well another day of gray nothingness starting to get sick of this need some real cold and some snow 3 year old keeps asking is it going to snow I want to play in it lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
Just come back from looking at the progress, or lack of with a wind farm development up the hill from home.

The installation of the first turbine began in mid November and after weeks of poor weather the blades still aren't fitted.

It'd certainly be a bit ironic if strong winds were to blame though and I wouldn't like to be paying the hire charges on the mother of all cranes sat up there doing nothing.[

I took this picture at 2pm yesterday with no more than 2 hours of daylight remaining.

At 9am this morning, only 1 hour after sunrise I noticed that all 3 blades had been fitted to the turbine.

All I can say is that either some folk have nothing better to do than carry out major construction projects in darkness or there are some bloody big fairies living in the Pennines.

Or, this immediate area has long been a UFO hotspot so maybe other worldly powers are at work here.

Either way it's certainly surprised me.

• Like 1

Posted

Frost all gone now it was nice while it lasted.

Not sounding too good in Model Thread even Frosty not sounding positive and he sees the good in everything.

Posted

2c got to -5c last night.....hard frost this morning....clouded over and feeling pretty nippy in the breeze.....probably start off as sleet tonight

http://www.metcheck.com/UK/dayforecast.asp?zipcode=Glossop&day=1&locationID=57453&lat=53.4&lon=-1.9&findtype=

Interesting

Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

I know we're not forecast snow but the sky looks weird and to me there is an eerie quiet 'feeling' out there. Currently 5.8c here but feels far colder

• Like 1

Posted

Felt quite raw today, frosty start as most people experienced - cloud rolled in pretty quickly so very overcast now.

Posted
Just come back from looking at the progress, or lack of with a wind farm development up the hill from home.

The installation of the first turbine began in mid November and after weeks of poor weather the blades still aren't fitted.

It'd certainly be a bit ironic if strong winds were to blame though and I wouldn't like to be paying the hire charges on the mother of all cranes sat up there doing nothing.[

I took this picture at 2pm yesterday with no more than 2 hours of daylight remaining.

At 9am this morning, only 1 hour after sunrise I noticed that all 3 blades had been fitted to the turbine.

All I can say is that either some folk have nothing better to do than carry out major construction projects in darkness or there are some bloody big fairies living in the Pennines.

Or, this immediate area has long been a UFO hotspot so maybe other worldly powers are at work here.

Either way it's certainly surprised me.

There were enormous spot lights up there last night, I could see them when I was driving home.  I can't believe how gigantic it looks, I quite liked to ones up on Rooley Moss, they are good for telling the wind direction but I dread to think how many more of these they are putting up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Strat charts looking really good and showing something i thought about before xmas would happen.

COmplete PV Reversal from Americas To Europe.If came off would get v cold v quick

T00Posted Image

T162Posted Image

T324Posted Image

Edited by Saintpeter
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees and Disruptive Heavy Snowfall any other time

Ooooo I'm so excited :) This is the coldest rain I've felt this winter ;-) LOL

• Like 2

Posted

Buxxer its 3c and heavy sleet.... Oh well nevemind.....hoping for better synoptics at 300m nextime..... This winter is so far rather dire.....slightly more wet flakey but still drab..... Come on stoke 3-4!

Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted

There were enormous spot lights up there last night, I could see them when I was driving home.  I can't believe how gigantic it looks, I quite liked to ones up on Rooley Moss, they are good for telling the wind direction but I dread to think how many more of these they are putting up.

Another four going to be keeping that one company and three more on Reaps Moss next year.Personally I don't have a problem with them although I do think we now have more than our fair share.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Here we go again...is the ECM on another wind up,or is it the uncertainty the METO  have been going on about from

next weekend

C.S

Edited by cheshire snow

Posted

Here we go again...is the ECM on another wind up,or is it the uncertainty the METO  have been going on about fromnext weekend C.S

Countryfile forecast just shown was, to say the least very uninspiring for anyone wanting something wintry.Certainly a complete model u turn from a few days ago.As for the present, pouring down, cold and miserable.......just about sums up this winter so far.