Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Weather Discussion 07/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Please use this thread for your discussions about the current weather or what is being forecast for the next few days in the North West ...please remember these regional threads were set up to talk about local conditions and your thoughts on how things are panning out so can we keep things light and topical and avoid any personal remarks - Thanks Posted Image

link to the previous thread here....

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78793-north-west-regional-weather-discussion-181213/page-47

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

Was drizzly but then it lashed it down for a bit but now its sunny but fresh feeling out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry/mild/warm/sunny/high pressure/no snow/no rain

Hopefully tomorrow will stay dry for a few hoursPosted Image , another day with rain here.

Edited by Gaz1985
  • Like 1

Posted

well night all. I say all lol

Edited by itsnowjoke
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Excellent model runs today....are we about to enter the season they call winter all starting in seven days time

I am almost speechless but not quite LOL

C.S

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

If you think yesterdays were good, try these for size.

Ring any bells for people in Blackpool and those sort of areas?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by feb1991blizzard
  • Like 4

Posted

Yes I'm not expecting much but at least it's a step in the right direction.  The South East have been craving the beast from the east for some time, so if these charts are still showing the same come the weekend, they will be a happy camp.  Anything can happen when we're locked into cold, surprises could crop up anywhere....still got to get there yet.

Posted

nice charts this morning NW would do well to get anything but a bit of cold dry weather out of it though. Mainly snow for the south and east me thinks.Anything would be a bonus but not likely

Have to disagree with this,the cold air is coming from the East,meeting with fronts coming from the west

the region is under -6 to -8 uppers lots of PPN around and BOOM there is the snow you want

I am beginning to take interest this could be something quite special,saying that 06GFS not quite as good

as the 0Z but 5 days ago this would have been banked by many

C.S

• Like 1

Have to disagree with this,the cold air is coming from the East,meeting with fronts coming from the west

the region is under -6 to -8 uppers lots of PPN around and BOOM there is the snow you want

I am beginning to take interest this could be something quite special,saying that 06GFS not quite as good

as the 0Z but 5 days ago this would have been banked by many

C.S

Fair enough mate.Im hoping your right.Maybe a bit pessimistic by me but we never seem to do well out of easterlies

Posted

Fair enough mate.Im hoping your right.Maybe a bit pessimistic by me but we never seem to do well out of easterlies

Ha Ha not saying I am right after all who knows with the UK Weather,my god we had had to put with all

this mild rubbish for weeks now,surely the weather gods ow s something

C.S

youd like to think so eh! this weather has been mundane to say the least,rain and wind for what seems like months.Getting boring now.Be nice to have a bit of snow.Hell id take it just being cold and feeling like winter if im honest.Its just dull at the monet and nothing to write home about.Heres hoping we get somehing more interesting next week

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow/ heatwaves

Not looking forward too next week at all....nothing worse than seeing everyone else buried in snow while we get sod all.

Edited by chicken soup
  • Like 2

Posted

Not looking forward too next week at all....nothing worse than seeing everyone else buried in snow while we get sod all.

Chin up Mate only time will tell. Like someone else said in an above post hed take the feeling of Winter instead of this wet windy weather. So if it snows aswell..BONUS.

Posted

youd like to think so eh! this weather has been mundane to say the least,rain and wind for what seems like months.Getting boring now.Be nice to have a bit of snow.Hell id take it just being cold and feeling like winter if im honest.Its just dull at the monet and nothing to write home about.Heres hoping we get somehing more interesting next week

Agreed about the cold......feels like its been autumn for months....but I wouldn't agree about mundane at all.....gales, floods, tidal surges with close to record high tides in places and a ferocious jet stream....not my cup of tea...but mundane....?  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Started to notice nights drawing out, soon be spring !!!....

Wont feel like it in about 7 days time - trust me.

• Like 5

Posted

Double,Double BOOM BOOM

Now were did i put my sledge

back later at work at my boss wondering what the hell i am doing LOL 

c.s

Slider lows runing down the country get in there

Edited by cheshire snow

im very new to all of this but all this talk of snow next week is this mainly for the south east? any help would be appreciated but from what i can gather in the models thread everyones talking about the easterlies.I thought we never done well from easterlies? Why are people here confident? I now that may sound daft but im just curious.what am i missing exactly? Id appreciate any help