Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 07/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I'm not going to bother looking at the 6Z GFS run. I'll just wait for the midday runs to update.

Just looking at some of the postings in the MAD thread, in the last few minutes, it occurred to me it would be a good case study for students of psychology! :D

• Like 6

Posted

I bet some of them in the MAD thread used to bite their nails as children as well! It's such a shame that the likes of professional forecasters have every single word they utter analysed in such great detail. When time and time again they urge caution and talk of uncertainty.

I for one have my feet firmly on the ground but the one thing I do feel sure of is an end to the Atlantic bowling its way through.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Is the CME definitely hitting tonight, do you know? If so I might go for a drive to some darkish spot, after midnight. Obviously the thought isn't at all appealing if the chances are very slim though. Posted Image

According to the news yes, but I think they left the south out of the visible spot, midlands northwards.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each and......HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOHN. Hope you have a wonderful day. :) x

It's a tad blustery in Ippy and very dull and chilly. I have a flat viewing this PM and it looks nice. Fingers crossed.

Have a good day, folks. :)

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Fingers Crossed.

Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Blue sky and sunshine here so we are off out shopping and lunching soon :-)

Other exciting news from MK is our new electric busses are launched on route 7 today....

post-10773-0-79377800-1389266753_thumb.j

...and the TVP mounted section police horses in MK now have their own twitter account ....

post-10773-0-89992800-1389266836_thumb.j

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Fingers Crossed.

Posted Image

Cloud forecast for midnight looks promising ...

post-10773-0-37623100-1389267292_thumb.j

.... A power black out would be useful too :-)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Happy birthday JP, Posted Image

From the other side of Croydon. I'll meet you outside the Whitgift Centre in about an hour then.......bring plenty of wonga though, I'm skint! Posted Image

Very best wishes,

Tom.

Edited by Kentish CZ
  • Like 6

Posted

Cloud forecast for midnight looks promising ...

Posted Imageimage.jpg

.... A power black out would be useful too :-)

Hmmmmm, Eureka everyone around mine then ,Council turn all the street lights off at 11.57pm Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted

I think we should take a view that the outlook is actually more encouraging at this stage than expectations (at least as far as I am concerned) have suggested.  If any cold spell as such doesn't materialise for us next week then it is not that much of a disappointment imo because as I see it there are going to be further and better opportunities down the line - much for reasons stated elsewhere. On the other hand, if we get an early surprise - then it is just that, and becomes a bonus against the dreadful background of weather we have endured over recent weeksPosted Image

Happy Birthday John - have a lovely dayPosted Image

Yes, saw yet another of your level & valuable posts there. :)

Tbh, I don't really think I see any of the ladies let the thread down. It's the overgrown schoolboys who, for instance, argue about whether -4C 850 hpa temperatures in a week, on X model, will produce rain or snow and carry it on over several posts. :doh:

• Like 6

Posted

According to the news yes, but I think they left the south out of the visible spot, midlands northwards.

Thanks,

I suppose they'll not know the precise effects, but if the timing is tonight, that's good enough for me.Posted Image

Maybe I should jump in my car at 4 o'clock? With non stop driving I'll get to northern Scotland in the early hours for better viewing (joking of course)

• Like 3

Posted

JP...Posted Image

Did he start celebrating very early today, or has the recent intense model watching sent him into a 15 hour slumber?

• Like 2

Posted

This backs up nicely what I said early today this is the latest met outlook..

n Tuesday there will be some rain over northeast Scotland and showers in the west and southwest. However eastern parts are likely to be fine and dry, with frost and a risk of fog patches at first. Strong winds and further rain, heavy at times, are likely to spread from the southwest during Wednesday. Through the week it may become cold in the northeast, with strong easterly winds and wintry showers. Western and southwestern parts are probably going to be less cold and cloudier with further rain. Later in the month it is likely to become less cold and more changeable, with sunny spells and showers or longer periods of rain, these perhaps more likely in the northwest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

I've been cautious about the timing of any first colder spell arriving this winter, but I would be at least as cautious about any suggestion of a return to mobile atlantic weather for any period of time in the further outlook. Not just me, but largely also for reasons given in selective pickings of the MAD thread but most especially given on the stratosphere thread. Lorenzo's post this morning being a very good examplePosted Image

Edited by Tamara תָּמָר
  • Like 7

I've been cautious about the timing of any first colder spell arriving this winter, but I would be at least as cautious about any suggestion of a return to mobile atlantic weather for any period of time in the further outlook. Not just me, but largely also for reasons given in selective pickings of the MAD thread but most especially given on the stratosphere thread. Lorenzo's post this morning being a very good examplePosted Image

You don't have to go back to an Atlantic driven weather pattern to see rain though and plenty of it...

Even if you did have a very weak jet... We all know that you can still get showers ETC from fronts and what have you moving in... And this is were I think our weather is going. Yes we may not see the jet we saw a few weeks back nor the size and power of the the lows. I just can't see us getting put in the freezer for a long period of time. Neither to the onslaught we have had in the past. But somewhere perhaps in the middle. 

Snow does not look likely to me this Winter.. I just can't see it.. like I said I adore snow! But for me I am going to stick with what I said last year before winter and say mild and wet.. with maybe a glimmer of winter.. 

Posted

Hi all thankyou for your birthday wishes

Will be back for the 12z runs

Following every run for me would drive me mad. Be back later

Best regards

John

• Like 4

Posted

Happy Birthday John. Hope you have a super day. Thank you so much for doing the fax charts. The voice of sanity that rings out amidst the chaos.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon

Happy birthday john , I hope your having a lovely day . Over in the mad thread they are all reaching for the Prozac . Ian f posted & everyone is on a downer now ! What a difference a few hours make ! I'm pretty sure that we will all see some snow ,be it end of January or anytime in the whole of February & march , winter is NOT over ! Simples x

• Like 2

Posted

They're still inaccurately describing the polar vortex on BBC News - in fact the description seemed even worse. :doh: It makes me wonder about the accuracy of any news reporting I hear, frankly. :(

• Like 8