Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 07/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all and good POETS day to all. Posted Image

I had a brief look for the Northern Lights last night, but saw nothing - not that they'd ever be spectacular here anyway. The bright and waxing moon didn't help either. Still it was nice to have a totally clear sky.

An underwhelming set of operational runs from the models overnight, from a cold lovers perspective IMHO. Here are ECM charts for 6, 8 and 10 days away, for example. The cold weather is too far to the east and there's nothing on here that would give us wintry precipitation.

post-11059-0-18070700-1389338328_thumb.ppost-11059-0-00128700-1389338354_thumb.ppost-11059-0-37319500-1389338373_thumb.p

• Like 5

Posted

Morning regionaires.

A lovely clear night but no Northern Lights in this neck of the woods - I'm not sure that they have ever been visible this far South?

A cursory wander through a few charts on the latest run this morning, right out to their ends and I'm afraid no improvement in trends for those on a snow-hunt. There are projected periods of fog, slightly colder temps and even a thunderstorm to our West but nothing white and crystalline falling from the sky. In fact GFS has even backed away from the North of England's chances and Scotland gets a mere dusting on high ground.

Not conclusive I know, but not as positive as a couple of days ago and I'm not going in the MOD thread as opinion is so divided (and biased towards personal preference in many cases, usual caveats apply), it just confuses me and I'd rather look at the available data and make my own mind up on any potential pattern at the moment.

So the wait continues and we all know it would be a major game-changer for their not to be a period of the white stuff during this season, maybe we just have to wait until we get into February and beyond? Remember, we have seen good dumpings of snow way out into April in recent years:

• Like 3

Posted

I've got a funny gut feeling that cold and snow will come and that tomorrow's charts will get this forum buzzing.

Hehe! :D

I don't think there will be much buzzing from the 0Z runs, unless it's the buzzing of chainsaws! Having said that, this forum is civilised, but I suspect carnage on the lively thread! Posted Image Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted

Morning all.  Have no idea what the weather is doing outside as it's too dark to see, and I'm still in my jim jams.  We have a temp of 1.8c and I have a bowl of porridge. :D

Happy birthday today to donna-m

Have a good day all, whatever you are doing.

• Like 8

Posted

Morning all.  Have no idea what the weather is doing outside as it's too dark to see, and I'm still in my jim jams.  We have a temp of 1.8c and I have a bowl of porridge. Posted Image

Happy birthday today to donna-m

Have a good day all, whatever you are doing.

Clear here still at the moment. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Hi Steve, not much excitement in the models this morning with some rather static looking lows in the atlantic holding back any cold air.

Quite interesting piece on BBC this morning  - behind the scenes at BBC weather Centre

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25669649

Morning all,

Not looking so good this morning, after the overnights, carnage awaits in the MOD thread! Posted Image

It's only the weather after all and there's always the weekend to look forward to........and more work! 

Tom.

Edited by Kentish CZ
  • Like 5

Posted

Hi Robin all very quiet this morning, even the mod thread relatively calm, probably much to do with Meteociel being down at the moment.

Most interesting thing I have seen this morning is that I appear to be threatening much of the population of TongaPosted Image . Sorry, been stalking your posts!

Ian

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78983-severe-tropical-cyclone-ian/page-2   

Morning ian, yes, leave those guys alone, they can fight back!

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Morning all

A lovely crisp and bright start to the day here. Even managed a bit of ice in the car this morning.

Have a good one

• Like 3

Posted

Morning all

Sunshine, frost, 0c and ice on the car, no wind. Have I entered a parallel universe?!

AS

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. It's sunny and cold in deepest Ippy, with a clear blue sky.

Lovely clear, starry skies last night but didn't see Aurora. But I never really expected to. At least I saw my old pal, Orion and paid my nightly greeting to him.:) Ahem....moving swiftly on...

Have a good day, all. :)

• Like 5

Posted

Morning all,

Frost on the car and saw a lovely sunrise over the city of London on my inward bound train journey into work this morning.  Have to say well done to South Eastern trains who managed to remove 200 tonnes of mud off the tracks over night at Barnehurst Station following the landslide - I didn't think it would be cleared until after the weekend.

Counting down the hours till home time...  roll on 4.30pm!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Nice crisp morning today, noticing some hefty showers in the channel, hope they stay there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Morning all,

No lights for me last night either but the sky was lovely to look at all the same.

Crisp N Dry here this morning....lovely

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

So its all gone Pete Tong in the Intellectual Playpen

If the weather stays as it is right now, that's fine and dandy with me, not as good as loads of snow, but I'm easily pleased

Good Morning All.

• Like 2

Posted

Urrrrghhh, lovely clear sky and frost has turned to dull and heavy rain yet again. It doesn't look like this will be the last of it either:

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

So its all gone Pete Tong in the Intellectual Playpen

If the weather stays as it is right now, that's fine and dandy with me, not as good as loads of snow, but I'm easily pleased

Good Morning All.

Nice dry and sunny, I'll take that any time after the weather we have had recently, snow doesn't seem all that important, we need this dry weather. It's a real shame that there may be some rain later today, even light rain is not good for some at the moment.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Good Morning all, Not sure who did see anything of Northern Lights, For those that didn,t here is a cracking image from Norway.

Posted Image

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Posted Image

celebrates 60th anniversary of its first-ever TV forecast

http://bbc.in/1iXwXrM  pic.twitter.com/fcfHlIx5Cs

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all (it is still morning I think)

I'm not sure if there was a frost or not...unlike some people I didn't have to be up so early today so I've enjoyed a lazy start and a bit of organising for the holibobs - 8 days and counting Posted Image

As it's POETS day today and with so much will it won't it discussion going on regarding the cold spell/snap and any possible snow next week maybe we should have a nice new regional thread for the weekend ... linky coming up ...

• Like 3

Posted

Just hoping that we don't end up in a zone of stalling fronts next week. :( Still, a long way off and as such an outside chance only. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Disruptive

Morning all (it is still morning I think)

I'm not sure if there was a frost or not...unlike some people I didn't have to be up so early today so I've enjoyed a lazy start and a bit of organising for the holibobs - 8 days and counting Posted Image

As it's POETS day today and with so much will it won't it discussion going on regarding the cold spell/snap and any possible snow next week maybe we should have a nice new regional thread for the weekend ... linky coming up ...

We had 8 foot of snow last night but by the time you got up it had melted Posted Image

Edited by JABWootton
  • Like 3