the 120 fax throws of the second low straight under the main low

which is good as it dislodges the high pressure to our south east

528 dam air closer from the north east

southerly flow

with precipitation

high pressure looks to shoot up in the atlantic as well

i have to hold on this as this is one seriously messy chart

and this could go anyway after this

if i am right we need tomorrow to see if the low in the atlantic goes south east which looks possible on this

hate to say it but more runs neededPosted Image

Edited by john pike
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yes, I think they look fabulous. I might have to have a serious look at a holiday like that. A once in a lifetime thing. :)

Another idea for a NW meet up maybe ? Certainly on the to do / bucket list for myself and Mr P - we have very similar lists luckily (except his omits the hot air balloon ride that's on mine lol) Crystal clear sky here but still above freezing at the moment - hopefully Jack Frost will be busy in the night to give us a nice white wake up in the morning , we will find out in a few hours mr P is on the early shift so off to bed - night all xx Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Another idea for a NW meet up maybe ?Certainly on the to do / bucket list for myself and Mr P - we have very similar lists luckily (except his omits the hot air balloon ride that's on mine lol)Crystal clear sky here but still above freezing at the moment - hopefully Jack Frost will be busy in the night to give us a nice white wake up in the morning , we will find out in a few hours mr P is on the early shift so off to bed - night all xx

Night Ali

Posted

ecm ensembles

Posted Image

fi on the 14th

gfs and ecm main runs right at the warmer end of the ensembles

still plenty of cold options there

rain

Posted Image

uptake 13th 14th 15th

wind

Posted Image

not much to speak about

spread on the 14th

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

18z Control run Favours uk for Winter,  Hopefully Tomorrow better agreement will show.

Posted Image

Don't even go there with the image shape lol. Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted

A late good evening from me, and hoping Mr John Pike had a very happy Birthday Posted Image . Cheers John and thanks for all your posts.

On a side note, I am far from convinced about the prospects for a spell of wintry weather in our region. I think a few days of colder temperatures are more than likely, but in the longer term it looks to me as though the Atlantic is reluctant to release it's grip.

• Like 3

Posted

18z Control run Favours uk for Winter,  Hopefully Tomorrow better agreement will show.

Posted Image

Don't even go there with the image shape lol. Posted Image

NE America gets shafted then.

A late good evening from me, and hoping Mr John Pike had a very happy Birthday Posted Image . Cheers John and thanks for all your posts.

On a side note, I am far from convinced about the prospects for a spell of wintry weather in our region. I think a few days of colder temperatures are more than likely, but in the longer term it looks to me as though the Atlantic is reluctant to release it's grip.

Think you may be right

• Like 3

Posted

hi bb

no problem and thankyou

have a look at the 120 fax chart

look west and north west

i see a block forming there shutting off the atlantic

however fi is probably 96 as we stand at present so anything may happen after

• Like 3

Posted

Right I am away, night all and enjoy the rest of your evening (still no frost here but it is dry so that is a blessing)

• Like 1

Posted

Posted Image

and now the ensembles look cold again

fi on the 14th though

and look how dry these look

its safe to say

model watching maybe mind numbing

but it isnt boring

lets see if the 00z shows a heatwave Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

Still no cold nailed on the head then..ah well.

You'd think the weather could have delivered you a birthday present John! Hope you had a good day..maybe the charts will deliver your present tomorrow :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Good Night All, Cream Crackered. Its friday Already. Posted Image Posted Image

Jason. 

• Like 2

Posted

thanks lottie

still happy tonight with the runs

this is typical chaos mode with them at present

fax chart tomorrow night might show what happens but i bet the ukmo adjust that totally different tomorrow

just to confuse us even more Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted

I've got a funny gut feeling that cold and snow will come and that tomorrow's charts will get this forum buzzing.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

this is typical chaos mode with them at present

I agree john, it's what the models do when a change is on the cards. just have to wait and wait until they organize themselves and hopefully this weekend, with a better idea by Sunday I'd expect! saying this the extreme polar vortex the US freeze and our storms have completely disrupted the climate! not surprised the models can't get hold of next weeks set up!

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm
  • Like 2

Posted

hi electric

i am not sure i trust the 120 fax chart either to be honest

i suppose it keeps the interest going

i see some rain but no huge amounts now for a while

so at least while we chase the cold the flooding issue should ease greatly over the next week

i posted on the mod thread again

note to self

stay here Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Yes I see your post there. At least we have the dry weather for a while. concern though is the ice and fog, actually a yellow warning has been issued by the Met Office for tonight for this. (this+link next post)

-

Another problem is such wet ground if and when a freeze comes the ground would freeze easier, bursts pipes and frozen ground would be a worry I think, but only if a freeze arrives of course. 

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm
  • Like 3

Posted

Issued at: 1552 on Thu 9 Jan 2014

Valid from: 0005 on Fri 10 Jan 2014

Valid to: 0900 on Fri 10 Jan 2014

Surface temperatures will fall to around or just below freezing late on Thursday night into Friday morning across parts of England and Wales. With a lot of standing water present in many areas from the recent wet weather and flooding icy stretches are expected to form, particularly on untreated surfaces. The public should be aware of the potential for disruption to travel on the roads. With clearing skies and easing winds overnight Thursday temperatures will fall with surface temperatures dropping below freezing in places late on Thursday night and early on Friday morning. Large amounts of standing water remain on the ground in many places following recent wet weather and flooding. This will result in icy stretches forming in places, despite only small amounts of rainfall on Thursday.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1389312000&regionName=se

• Like 2

Posted

going to bed now as brain is a tad fried now

be back tomorrow for the next episode of what happens next Posted Image

goodnight all

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• Like 8

Posted

Morning all, bad night sleep for some reason, don't think we got a frost, but its dark out so a bit hard to see. Well its POETS day today so let's hope its a good one.

Been a bit busy with work so apologise for no musing this week, but unfortunately sometimes work has to come first, had training all day yesterday at our Peterborough office on Microsoft project 2013, funny how you can think software is very good then an expert comes along and suddenly you realise that you are only using 1% of the programme's capacity :-). Mind you it was nice that the Luddite what I is managed to catch the trainer out, always enjoy that. The flooding around Huntingdon was spectacular (if that the right thing to say), hopefully they where flood plains, but my, there was some water in the fields etc.

Well everyone have a nice day, and let's hope for a dry weekend and cooler more seasonal weather.

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Morning all, bad night sleep for some reason, don't think we got a frost, but its dark out so a bit hard to see. Well its POETS day today so let's hope its a good one.Been a bit busy with work so apologise for no musing this week, but unfortunately sometimes work has to come first, had training all day yesterday at our Peterborough office on Microsoft project 2013, funny how you can think software is very good then an expert comes along and suddenly you realise that you are only using 1% of the programme's capacity :-). Mind you it was nice that the Luddite what I is managed to catch the trainer out, always enjoy that. The flooding around Huntingdon was spectacular (if that the right thing to say), hopefully they where flood plains, but my, there was some water in the fields etc. Well everyone have a nice day, and let's hope for a dry weekend and cooler more seasonal weather.

You must have seen Port Holme flood meadow.Looks huge in full flood from the great Ouse.Many years ago, it has frozen thus turning to the biggest ice rink ever!
  • Like 1

Posted

I've got a funny gut feeling that cold and snow will come and that tomorrow's charts will get this forum buzzing.

Its always the way in the winter - a rollercoaster ride!

A trend over the last couple of years that 5-6 days out there is a big ramp to extreme weather. Gradually over the next couple of days there are downgrades, which then get upgraded again around 48 hours out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well there is a frost this morning, yay for small miracles.

• Like 1

Posted

80's weather, not certain exactly where it was, it was nearer Huntingdon on the A14 and after the first little chef (early starter breakfast, very nice) on the left hand side from memory just before you can see the old bridge on the right, certainly if it froze then that would be a better ice rink than the ones I have designed.