Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 07/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

They're still inaccurately describing the polar vortex on BBC News - in fact the description seemed even worse. Posted Image It makes me wonder about the accuracy of any news reporting I hear, frankly. Posted Image

If you have a good depth of knowledge of any particular area, you quickly realise that the vast majority of news reporting is inaccurate; it does raise a lot of questions sadly.

On topic - Happy Birthday John, keep posting, although maybe not today Posted Image

The Thames at Kingston continues to look very high indeed; dificult to tell from the car but I am pretty sure the tow path has flooded more than was the case a couple of days ago when I last walked along. Re: the MAD, agreed that the Strat thread is the place to look for indicators of where our weather is headed for the rest of the winter, balanced with reading that handful of posters in the MOD who know what they are talking about - Tamara of course being one of themPosted Image

• Like 6

Posted

Re: the MAD, agreed that the Strat thread is the place to look for indicators of where our weather is headed for the rest of the winter, balanced with reading that handful of posters in the MOD who know what they are talking about - Tamara of course being one of themPosted Image

Agreed - Tamara is one of the posters that I read with interest - always gives a clear balanced view on what the models are showing with an explanation, rather than posting random charts with little or no explanation to what they mean... unlike some who tend to spam loads but input nothing!

Edited by snow raven
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Thanks for the very kind comments folks - there are plenty of members (and quite a few from this region) who give very valuable expert information and I have learnt a lot from them in the same way as many of us also read their posts for guidancePosted Image

Time for a late lunch shortly and then another favourite pastime of mine..some retail therapy..even if there is very little money available to generate the therapy partPosted Image Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Thanks for the very kind comments folks - there are plenty of members (and quite a few from this region) who give very valuable expert information and I have learnt a lot from them in the same way as many of us also read their posts for guidancePosted Image

Time for a late lunch shortly and then another favourite pastime of mine..some retail therapy..even if there is very little money available to generate the therapy partPosted Imagehttp://f1.nwstatic.co.uk/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/20x20xtongue.png.pagespeed.ic.86

ZlZhEa46.png

All the praise is fully deserved Tams and you know what I think. Your views on this Winter havent swayed since my exclusive interview back in Sept/Oct, on the Firehills!

Tams talents don't start and end with Meteorology! Her culinary abilities are sublime. Actually I nominate her to do the catering for the regional meet-up. Ok, I'm dead. Lol!

Ciao cara,

Tomasino

Edited by Kentish CZ
  • Like 4

Oh dear I just went in the MAD thread and I soon came out as when the profesionals give their views and it's not what people want to hear the amount of clutching straws is amazing.  Did anyone notice the Met Office forecast for energy supplies ect which was issued around the start of the new year as that didn't give much hope for a long cold spell and I think in fact it had temperatures above average for the rest of the winter.

Hopefully we may see some white stuff before the start of Spring, however I must admit that to me this seems to be a normal winter and it may go down in history for the number of storms/rain rather than snowy periods.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Oh dear I just went in the MAD thread and I soon came out as when the profesionals give their views and it's not what people want to hear the amount of clutching straws is amazing.  Did anyone notice the Met Office forecast for energy supplies ect which was issued around the start of the new year as that didn't give much hope for a long cold spell and I think in fact it had temperatures above average for the rest of the winter. Hopefully we may see some white stuff before the start of Spring, however I must admit that to me this seems to be a normal winter and it may go down in history for the number of storms/rain rather than snowy periods.

Ssh Chris, just keep those spreadsheets nice and polished!Tom

Posted

I love the smell of multi-hundred thousand $ contracts in the morning!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Afternoon all.

Been pretty cool and breezy here today.  But hey.... No rain - so thats a positive.  Broken skies at the moment, with a glimmer of late afternoon sunshine.

Happy birthday JP - Hope you have a good one mate.

• Like 1

Posted

Hi all

Thanks all for your birthday wishes

Hi bjaykent

Off to do the housework now :-)

I think i will have a drink then do the fax charts tonight

That should be fun reading that tomorrow morning

I think i will wait until after ecm has come out today with ukmo

Although i still feel we are in a good part of the country when the colder air sets in

Enjoy the ride

John

• Like 6

Posted

I think i will have a drink then do the fax charts tonight

Posted Image  Never a good idea John, you don't know if you've got them the correct way up or not!

• Like 3

Posted

Hi coast hope your well

Your right but should be fun

Although i may stick to the ramps as the blues and the yellows

Are easier to read :-)

• Like 2

Posted

Hi coast hope your well

Your right but should be fun

Although i may stick to the ramps as the blues and the yellows

Are easier to read :-)

I suspect they will look like this by the end of the evening!! Posted Image

post-6667-0-35124300-1389282891_thumb.gi

Pour yourself a large one from me Posted Image

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all

Bright and sunny here, and dry for a change, but feeling a bit cooler already, nippy tonight.

Happy Birthday JP Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Oh dear, just had a peek out to next Friday on the latest run GFS. Shouldn't have done that - naughty Dobby

Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted

Ok went into the mad thread (brave or stupid of me ) am I to assume the s word is a no go now ? 

Hi A.

Less likely than yesterdays information, still a bit too early for more of a major judgement either way but it's trending away from anything 'noticeable' for most of our region currently. However, you know the roller-coaster of models!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something different!

Absolutely. The issue of model watching comes with a Govt Health warning. However as many say the key thing is that sometimes the models do struggle with significant changes and need a few attempts to clarify.

I do believe we will have something very significant end of Jan into Feb.

Hi A. Less likely than yesterdays information, still a bit too early for more of a major judgement either way but it's trending away from anything 'noticeable' for most of our region currently. However, you know the roller-coaster of models!

Ok thank you I should learn to stay in here every time I go in the mad thread I come out with my head spinning :)