Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 07/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Going on a no alcohol, low carb, no fun, no comfort food diet was clearly a mistake. How will I get through Model watching this week without my Gin and Pork pie?!?!?

:lol: Looks like you picked the wrong week....

Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Isn't he meant to be turning into something else about now? a moth or a chrysalid or something?

Yes, JJ..that did cross my mind. I think he has been moving albeit very slooooooowly. Thank you for that link. I'll keep you posted. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

If we are expecting snow next week...I hope its a ruddy great load of the stuff. None of this few flakes business where 'the country is brought to a halt' No less than 2 foot of the stuff. If the country is going to grind to a halt....let's do it properly. :)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Did someone say the s word ?! I need to keep my eye on the 18th as my brave little mans birthday is then and since his oh surgery he hasn't got to play in much ! So would love a good dumping before we go back to his heart hospital in march .

Put a lump in my throat that did. We shall see what we can do for him. Its looking more positive for snow based on output so far, However 3 pm onwards today will start to tell hopefully more of the snowy story. Fingers crossed.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Disruptive

Guys, how do we deal with snow?!! We've had so much rain that I've forgotten what to do when snow falls! Posted Image

If it is just a sprinkling (less than 1 mmm) then the whole country comes to a standstill Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Did someone say the s word ?! I need to keep my eye on the 18th as my brave little mans birthday is then and since his oh surgery he hasn't got to play in much ! So would love a good dumping before we go back to his heart hospital in march .

Bless your little man.  I hope he gets lots of snow too.  His birthday coincides with my nieces 18th and we are due to go to her party on that day.  So mixed feelings about snow.  Plus my daughter has major spinal surgery on 27th Jan and we need to travel to Stanmore so really don't snow around month end, as much as I love it.

Still not a lot we can do, the weather will do whatever the weather wants to do, and we just have to enjoy/suffer it as best we can. :)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon

Bless your little man.  I hope he gets lots of snow too.  His birthday coincides with my nieces 18th and we are due to go to her party on that day.  So mixed feelings about snow.  Plus my daughter has major spinal surgery on 27th Jan and we need to travel to Stanmore so really don't snow around month end, as much as I love it. Still not a lot we can do, the weather will do whatever the weather wants to do, and we just have to enjoy/suffer it as best we can. :)

bless your little one with his heart surgery snow lady , such a worrying time . I had heart surgery last year after years of waiting for a correct diagnosis . Put your trust in the surgeons ,it really is amazing what they can do . Also chilly milly my niece had spinal surgery at stanmore , wow amazing at that hospital ,she will be in the best of hands ,they are known as being the best in the uk at least . Best wishes to both of your children xxxxx
  • Like 3

Posted

Lol that looks just like one of mine and just the sort of stooped thing she would do

Oh.I thought it was a squirrel, and then i thought, surely you don't have squirrels? Then i realised it was a cat lol.

Posted

Oh.I thought it was a squirrel, and then i thought, surely you don't have squirrels? Then i realised it was a cat lol.

Yea she is a bit of a fat cat. Her idea of exercise is running to the end of the decking then back in again to lie on top of the fish tank. Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Is there anybody here, who did not eat the fish, who knows how to navigate a weather chart?

Essentially if there's blue colours it's going to snow. If there's yellow or orange it won't. Just call me Glacier Point.

• Like 3

Posted

Essentially if there's blue colours it's going to snow. If there's yellow or orange it won't. Just call me Glacier Point.

Ahh but then it depends where the blues and the yellows are!!!!! Posted Image .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

845 people reading the Mod thread at the moment.... something must be afoot!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all

What started as a bright morning soon changed as the day wore on, first hints of the rain here too, very mild though.  Very tired but must stay awake else I shall never sleep through the night (my goal is at least one full nights sleep this week).  So looking at continuing my mission to de-clutter the house this evening (well its raining anyway and I have a self imposed exile from the pub for a month) which will keep me busy ( I think all month at this rate ).

ANy exciting news or events today?

Posted

something must be a foot!

That would be 12" of snow then?

Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Going on a no alcohol, low carb, no fun, no comfort food diet was clearly a mistake. How will I get through Model watching this week without my Gin and Pork pie?!?!?

I'm on the gin and tonic diet...it's marvellous I've lost two days already Posted Image

Bless him, I hope he has a wonderful birthday but if the little man wouldn't mind waiting until the 19th for the snow that would be great....just let my plane take off first please !

845 people reading the Mod thread at the moment.... something must be afoot!

clearly not a foot of snow....

post-10773-0-03444900-1389199562_thumb.j

(not yet anyway) 

If we are expecting snow next week...I hope its a ruddy great load of the stuff. None of this few flakes business where 'the country is brought to a halt' No less than 2 foot of the stuff. If the country is going to grind to a halt....let's do it properly. Posted Image

That's just being greedy Posted Image

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 5

Posted

I don't know, one sniff of just the potential for snow and it goes mod mad around here

Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Parks are still under water here and we have some very fast flowing rivers with strong currents...

post-10773-0-04572900-1389200361_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

I see the Americans are throwing boiling water around now as its becoming an internet craze seeing it reaction when it hits the cold atmosphere, haha, potential accident central or what

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Parks are still under water here and we have some very fast flowing rivers with strong currents...

Posted Image1601223_10152190902744853_1360440712_n.jpg

Sudden urge to play with that tire swing. :D

• Like 1