Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 07/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

I'm throwing this in here for thought and discussion really. Someone told me these guys use GFS for the basis of their forecast maps but whatever, I've found them to be pretty reliable short term in the last few years.

I wouldn't mind betting that if a colder, more Wintry situation comes to fruition early to mid-next week, this could be a likely scenario for us:

post-6667-0-97398800-1389180724_thumb.jp

http://www.snow-forecast.com/maps/dynamic/uk?over=none&symbols=snow&type=snow.next3to6days

Posted

Next Thursday thru to Sunday looks the timeframe for any snow according to the 06z, but as always taken with a massive pinch of salt but at least shows the potential !

Edited by cobbett

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Hi Robin, totally agree it is a bit far out at the moment but couldn't resist posting earlier this morning as it is the first time this winter the top 4 models have looked this promising at 144hrs. As Tamara said last night in the Mod thread it may take another bite once the PV dies down a little more, we shall see but I do like a good ramp in the morningsPosted Image

Hi IanPosted Image

Happy to have updated on the MAD thread this morning, but still with that caveat of checking further output in case the models have miscalculated the downscaling of all the westerly energy that has been fizzing around us in recent weeks. I'd like to think that an easterly, should we get one next week, is something of a big surprise bonus ahead of what I still think is a potential 'main event' as we head towards months end and most especially into FebruaryPosted Image

• Like 7

Posted

Mornin each. Quite a pleasant one here in Ippy. No rain, no wind and it's bright but cloudy with patches of blue about.

On a more somber note......I think Terence the caterpillar has snuffed it. Posted Image Either that...or he's just feeling VERY lethargic. But he's not eating his leaves. 'Sniff'

Have a good day, all. Posted Image

Isn't he meant to be turning into something else about now? a moth or a chrysalid or something?

• Like 1

Posted

Mornin each. Quite a pleasant one here in Ippy. No rain, no wind and it's bright but cloudy with patches of blue about.

On a more somber note......I think Terence the caterpillar has snuffed it. Posted Image Either that...or he's just feeling VERY lethargic. But he's not eating his leaves. 'Sniff'

Have a good day, all. Posted Image

On this subject, don't we need a "don't like this" button? Terence snuffs it and there are four "likes"? Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

And in other news, Nibbles one of our Guinea Pigs seems to have hurt one of its hind legs Posted Image

Good wishes to Nibbles.

We had something funny, our female, Smokey started doing the tail dragging dance yesterday and cawing,so i now think she's a he which means that Benny, who is her egg mate, and they are usually one male and one female, must be female.

Got that wrong, didn't I?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Just told the wife and mother in law about possible snow next week.

Mother in laws reaction. 'Oh no toms on snow watch again!'

Just loaded all the babies old toys into the spare pram and am officially ready to throw them out.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

It'll probably be flitting around the bedroom light, in no time. :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Here's a rainfall accumulation map until 6 o'clock tomorrow morning from the hi res NMM model. A reasonable amount in some areas, but hopefully not too disruptive. Posted Image

post-11059-0-30463100-1389188810_thumb.p

• Like 2

Posted

Somebody on Facebook has just said there is light snow at the moment around south Mimms service station??

Blimey, I'd be really amazed if there was! Google says it's currently:

South Mimms, UK
Wednesday 13:00
Scattered Clouds
11°C
Precipitation: 0%
Humidity: 88%
Wind: 1 mph

Could it be the froth blowing from a tall skinny Cappuccino with extra choccy powder topping? Posted Image
  • Like 2

Posted

Could it be the froth blowing from a tall skinny Cappuccino with extra choccy powder topping? Posted Image

I questioned it, as i am only 20 mins away, and it is currently 10c

a wind up i would imagine!!

Posted

a wind up i would imagine!!

Perhaps they were looking into a crystal ball for next week?

Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

I think apart from all that lovely upgrading output since yesterday and this mornings etc. This must be one of the best bits of output imagery so far nothing but utter misery and relentless force caused to most,If not all of us.

Bye Bye, Just don't be into much of a rush to come back.

Posted Image

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Going on a no alcohol, low carb, no fun, no comfort food diet was clearly a mistake. How will I get through Model watching this week without my Gin and Pork pie?!?!?

• Like 8

Posted

or a snow machine!!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Oh dear....

*Gets back into dark cupboard....*

Very interesting Model runs for Snow Lovers for Next week. Take a look at your 10 day at a glance forecast on the Main NW page. Mine is quite exciting for this time next week...

• Like 3