Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 07/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Morning :)

Trying to moderate my expectations for any upcoming period of possibly cooler conditions than of late that may involve moulded plastic shapes being found in garden storage areas to transport the kids and I at speed..if I don't say the words I can't jinx it ;)

Nicer this morning - quite bright and only a light breeze. Just a shame about the temperature at 9c.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Exciting time the snow depth cup could well be making a return at just a little bit earlier than last year..... What is beyond exciting is the North Sea temps which are currently a lot warmer than they should be..... Streamer convective snowfall anyone ooohhh just the thought. U know something is upon is when the mod sorry mad ramp board is producing pages at ridiculous rates.... 17 pages overnight. And app. 500 people viewing the mod ramp. I have a very strange feeling that this could and I say could as I am sure coast and JP will produce the charts for verification that we are in for an epic spell of winter weather.I know over the last few weeks we have been holding onto our hats literally thus may be a different type of holding into our hats.... Let's get to Friday and if the charts are still showing the excitement then Steve M and nick Sussex will be producing some epic charts.....Thames streamer anyone.......

Moved out of the area for those any chance of a kent clipper lol.

Posted

Hi Robin, totally agree it is a bit far out at the moment but couldn't resist posting earlier this morning as it is the first time this winter the top 4 models have looked this promising at 144hrs

Morning Ian, I'm just cautious as it's bitten us too many times before. At this stage, it seems anything that could come to our region would not affect everyone by any means and we don't want any grumpy Gerties or miserable Malcolms - just nice smiley regional faces Posted Image .

I also recognise that a very high percentage of members come into the forum specifically looking for snow in Winter or at times when it's rumoured in the MOD thread and I don't want to be part of creating a false dawn just yet. Let's take each day and the corresponding runs step by step and see if it starts to firm up a little as we go into the weekend..

I will say I am just an ickle bit more excited though this morning 

Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted

Moved out of the area for those any chance of a kent clipper lol.

We want a North Sea streamer coming in over East Anglia, a Thames streamer for the London and North/central kent lot extending I to Sussex/Surrey and then a nice Channel streamer for the coastal Kenties like you and I that then runs into Sussex. Or barring that a region wide swathe of snow from the North Sea covering us all..not wanting much am I? :D
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny, freezing cold and snowy!!

Hi everyone!! I would like to wish you all a belated "Happy New Year" and hope your Christmas wishes came true!! I apologise for not doing it sooner but for some reason my PC wouldn't let me post!!  Sooooo fustrating as it has gone on for a long time and me not being very good at sorting these things.........still I'm up and running again for the moment!! (Just through luck I hasten to add, don't know what I've pressed to fix it!!)

I have kept up tp date what you have all been up to and my thoughts have been with people who have lost loved ones or have been  unwell. Also I share in the good news of births, new jobs and good medical news!!

So to the weather......sun, cloud and a bit of blue sky........I can feel excitment in the air........!!

• Like 8

Posted

Here's hoping that we don't have to stress to much about tracking stream's of snow on the radar,to the north,to the south,kent clipper.Well,not to much,do not want to take all the fun away.Just a mass blob on the echo kent bound like 1feb 2009:-)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all - dry and bright here, signs of it turning colder too which is good - getting a bit fed up with the media overusing their new weather word though, anyone would think the PV had just been discovered .....

post-10773-0-45646700-1389175040_thumb.j

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Lol Ian Ferguson on Twitter. Its so true. Remember we have to beat them across the pond, Front page got to be -65c Biblical Winter for Uk. 

"@weatherschool: Is it time for 'Daily Express Temperature Bingo'? How low will they go? I'll kick off with -30C ... any advances?" -33? ;-)

• Like 8

Morning all - dry and bright here, signs of it turning colder too which is good - getting a bit fed up with the media overusing their new weather word though, anyone would think the PV had just been discovered .....

Posted Imageimage.jpg

I always thought it was glue and that seems to stick in one place for a long time.

I have started to power up the two ZX81's ready for the snow depth cup, that's done itPosted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Been for a looksee in the Intellectual Thread (warm sleet, cold rain, hot snow, blah blah).

I just love the run up to a failed Easterly, the search for the guilty and praise for the uninvolved.

And in other news, Nibbles one of our Guinea Pigs seems to have hurt one of its hind legs Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

hi steve

that sun spot is huge and could let off a fairly big flare

posted the image as a pretty big one

( the sunspot before anyone comments) Posted Image

http://t.co/NnHf9lo6aX

Blimey JP you were right, Guess what happened later. http://www.space.com/24201-sun-unleashes-major-solar-flare-video.html?cmpid=514648

Edited by Jason T
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I'm not sure we can compete with the record breaking low temperatures in the US - breaking news there is that Hell has frozen over !

Posted Imageimage.jpg

Morning all. Posted Image Bright and breezy here, much nicer than wet and windy. Posted Image

With regards to the US freeze, I doubt we'd get much of a mention there, if our weather was to compete.

I'm finding the news from there a bit tedious now; talk of the polar vortex and now the latest, saying it is as cold there as the Antarctic coast in the winter.Posted Image  Why not compare with somewhere more sensible, like north of the border there, or Siberia? I guess the news reporters hope we'll just catch on to the words 'Antarctic' and 'winter' and the US does everything bigger and better than anywhere else of course? 

Rant over. Posted Image  Not been to the MDT yet. Just looking at the charts, there will be only one item on the agenda there. If the cold weather does manage to produce snow, I'll make sure I go out in it and not spend too much time looking at each model run update, that's for sure. Posted Image

• Like 6

Posted

So we might be able to dust off our rulers next week for the snow depth cup competition????

Micrometers maybe! :lol: 

Downgrades already Posted Image I am NOT going anywhere near the model thread.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Mad thread really does make me LMAO....

ITS A DOWNGRADE OMG THE 6Z HAS DOWNGRADED ALL OF IT>>>RUNNNNNN

Seriously. Ive always thought that we need to be looking for trends and themes and what is the point in screaming its over at T144 when it hasnt even happened yet....amazing....every time lol

• Like 4

Posted

Downgrades already Posted Image I am NOT going anywhere near the model thread.

I can't see a downgrade on GFS 06Z tbh. Looks as good at least?

Posted

MAD thread living up to its name again today. Why are people worrying about uppers that far out. I follow what John Holmes always says don't bother with uppers until inside 72 hours. Will admit though I did take a sneak peek at precipitation charts deep into FI, all for fun though don't you know!

• Like 5

Posted

I can't see a downgrade on GFS 06Z tbh. Looks as good at least?

Maybe the cold has been delayed slightly, but it seems to me to go on longer and is a good run in anyone's book imho - if you like cold of course. :)

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all,

It's certainly a lovely sunny day out there so far today (all be it still mild!)

I see there are changes a-foot to our Atlantic driven weather of late (and no doubt toys already being thrown out of prams in the MOD thread after every run Posted Image )

Let's hope the change to weather coming in from the north or/and east continues - slow steps and all that - to hopefully some more seasonably colder weather and dare I say it - snow!

SR

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Maybe the cold has been delayed slightly, but it seems to me to go on longer and is a good run in anyone's book imho - if you like cold of course. Posted Image

Would agree. Quite happy to be patient if it beens a "snap" turning into a "spell". Looking forward to some Yamkin ramps in the coming days. I imagine he's in deep discussions with Croydon Council at the moment.Posted Image

• Like 3