Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 07/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Time to hit the sack (yes I know the Sack Protection League will be after me), enjoy the rest of your evening.

Night all.

(stayed dry all evening)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Looks like that rain will clear through here soon, thought it was going to be raining all night.

• Like 1

Posted

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gefs_cartes.php?ech=192&code=1&mode=0&carte=0

heres the ensembles

have fun Posted Image

hi norfolk

problem with the comment re gfs

it was also a lot of peoples friend when it was showing constant westerlies

too much bias posting going on at present in there

also remember a lot of people do not like east-north easterlies Posted Image

all fi anyway

but the trend is getting there

going bed now

goodnight Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Great comment by someone on the MAD thread "So tonight the GFS is everybody's friend"  Been slated for weeks, but now it's showing colder weather......

Good point, have noticed this in there but perfectly natural for this to happen, same as when a forecaster is on TV and you see/hear the weather you are interested in is in their forecast then your like the forecaster a bit more!

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Good morning.

After such a long and at times awful winter so far, the models this morning pretty much agree on an easterly starting at just 5 days away. In around 36 hours we may finally be able to say that winter proper is on the way. Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and plenty of it.

Just take a look in the Mad Thread as its party time and everyone is happy. I expect all the regional threads to explode in about a weeks time, or before, and bout time too.

• Like 1

Posted

Hopefully the models will look the same or better by Friday then its game on!. Think I will wait before I let my 3 year old know.

• Like 1

Posted

Good morning regionaires.

8.6mm of rain overnight and after the last few weeks that isn't even noteworthy!

It looks like it could be relatively dry through today with even a hint of sunshine for a chosen few:

Posted Image

But after dark there is more rain due:

Posted Image

I think we might miss the worst of this batch as it travels slightly North of us:

Posted Image

A brief period of respite over the weekend and then more next Monday:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Probably not time to break out the Summer wardrobe just yet.....

Posted

Morning all! Cold, dry and dark here.  Temp of 6.4c

Hoping that signs of colder, snowier weather are on the cards. Looking forward to some seasonal weather.  As long as we can all get about on the roads, that is.

• Like 2

Posted

I took a couple of shots from The Downs at the weekend, of the marshy area where these beasts are kept to illustrate how waterlogged the lower lying areas of Eastbourne have become:

post-6667-0-12948400-1389166892_thumb.jp

post-6667-0-61774000-1389166870_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Get ready here it comes. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Jason T
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

How about this for a t storm. Brisbane last week.

Posted Image

• Like 9

Posted

Exciting time the snow depth cup could well be making a return at just a little bit earlier than last year..... What is beyond exciting is the North Sea temps which are currently a lot warmer than they should be..... Streamer convective snowfall anyone ooohhh just the thought. U know something is upon is when the mod sorry mad ramp board is producing pages at ridiculous rates.... 17 pages overnight. And app. 500 people viewing the mod ramp. I have a very strange feeling that this could and I say could as I am sure coast and JP will produce the charts for verification that we are in for an epic spell of winter weather.

I know over the last few weeks we have been holding onto our hats literally thus may be a different type of holding into our hats.... Let's get to Friday and if the charts are still showing the excitement then Steve M and nick Sussex will be producing some epic charts.....

Thames streamer anyone.......

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Big upgrades it seems on the Mods this morning for next week. "Carinthian" (the man from Austria) is rapidly becoming one of my favourite posters, currently in third behind our own SM and "Ryan" from the Netherlands, anyone remember him from last year?

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Quite a pleasant one here in Ippy. No rain, no wind and it's bright but cloudy with patches of blue about.

On a more somber note......I think Terence the caterpillar has snuffed it. :( Either that...or he's just feeling VERY lethargic. But he's not eating his leaves. 'Sniff'

Have a good day, all. :)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any weather

could we cope with what the US is going through? I dont think so.

Hardly anyone is on winter tyres. Councils will rely too much on salt to clear anything that lands but if the surface temps go below -7c, it starts to freeze again.

I already keep a works flourescent jacket in the car, then theres an extra big coat in case I brake down somewhere - I think I will look again at what I carry if the weather symbols for next week turn out to be true.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Morning all - a great start to the day for me today. It's dry, there is a nice bright sky, snow could be on the horizon soon and most importantly I received a job offer yesterday. So when I get made redundant at the end of the month, I start my new one two days later. Happy days :-)Have a good one all.

Nice one Leigh, always great when that happens.

Morning all, a much nicer start to the day in town. I could actually walk to work from the tube instead of swim so thats a good sign. Who knows maybe next week i'll have to ski......

• Like 3

Posted

So, rumours in the wings about something more seasonal next week eh? Don't get in a lather just yet as we all know how notoriously difficult the holy grail is to forecast at this range. We need to be within about 48/24 hours of the potential to start the real ramping and plundering the shed for those alpine transportation devices and clearing equipment.

But to see how this trends out to 5 or 7 days time, here is a GFS overview:

If it's coming to our area, GFS says look to Tuesday:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then Wednesday:

Posted Image

Those charts don't stack up to anything major, but if representative, do show a marked change in the weather and a move towards something more like we would expect (want?) for this time of year.

NMM from Netweather extra is not so positive for snow lovers at this range and gives nothing until the end of it's current run, where isolated areas of East Anglia might see a dusting:

post-6667-0-82240400-1389171081_thumb.pn

I'm not looking anywhere else for indications currently and if it was in range, I would include the Met O 5 day to complete my top 3 sources - so a couple of days before we can see what they think.

Please remember, these are only hints and teasers at this stage and it could all go Pete Tong. It does give us something else to think about though and a welcome change from Atlantic domination, if it starts to pan out.

Sorry for so many caveats and riders - we know the weather will do what it wants to do!! Posted Image

• Like 8

Posted

So snow on the way maybe? 

Posted Image  Out of that sentence, I'd take maybe as the dominant word Surrey!

• Like 1