Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 03/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

It's the proper stuff, put on 20 years ago and never budged 'till last weekend, neighbours also have the real stuff.

Blimey, you would expect it to last a bit longer than that, hope you get it sorted soon.

Reverse precipitation....is that possible ?Evening all,I'm sure it was supposed to stop raining here at lunchtime today, someone obviously forgot to pass that information on to whoever turns the tap on and off - if it's like it again tomorrow I'm having a duvet day :-)

Have you not seen Forrest Gump? :)

• Like 1

Posted

So, can I join the "we have got a leak but we're still smiling" club?

I'd like to join as I now have a leak, since we had torrential rain about an hour ago.

I can't do anything about it, its coming inside the front window, when Southernman gets here I'll see if he can mask it with something.

I am thinking about Edgar Cayce and what he said early last century about the UK becoming submerged.

Posted

So, can I join the "we have got a leak but we're still smiling" club?

I'd like to join as I now have a leak, since we had torrential rain about an hour ago.

I can't do anything about it, its coming inside the front window, when Southernman gets here I'll see if he can mask it with something.

I am thinking about Edgar Cayce and what he said early last century about the UK becoming submerged.

do you have double glazing?  if so there should be a few holes on the bottom outside that will allow water that gets in past the outer gasket seal to drain out away from the window rather than into it, they could be blocked (my years in customer service for a homes company do come in handy sometimes)

Edited by Jax

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

OK this can do for the weekend...

post-11361-0-39946400-1388861383_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted

do you have double glazing?  if so there should be a few holes on the bottom outside that will allow water that gets in past the outer gasket seal to drain out away from the window rather than into it, they could be blocked (my years in customer service for a homes company do come in handy sometimes)

Unfortunately not, its single glazing if that's what its called, which is how it got in easily.Its an old house with old windows.It has leaked before but not for a long time, only when the rain really comes down hard.

Posted

Unfortunately not, its single glazing if that's what its called, which is how it got in easily.Its an old house with old windows.It has leaked before but not for a long time, only when the rain really comes down hard.

was worth a shot.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Had enough of this now,dont get me wrong,i like a laugh as much as the next bloke,but this is relentless.

• Like 1

Posted

We've also go a leak.  In the lobby.  It's a flat roof, and joins the garage to the house.  Lucky hubby when the rain stops.  He can get the ladders out.  Currently doing the saucpan jangle as per JP. :D

• Like 1

Posted

Not got any leaks here that I am aware of, there was water coming in the bathroom extractor fan but suspect that was more my mega hot shower earlier and the fact the pipe top is getting colder again and it has condensated in there (had that problem last year in the long cold spell), think I need to go off and be productive has been a busy day for me but still a few more things I want to do yet, then I hope to be getting a nice long sleep and lie in tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunder, sunny days

Radar is not showing snow, but friend in mid Cornwall has posted on Facebook that it was snowing briefly there and has posted photos of his car with snow on it. It seems it turned to rain pretty soon though. Always a smidge of hope this winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Here is the before and after image of our river. The first picture was taken in July when the river was at its driest in many years. The second was taken today when it was at its highest in years. In the first image (out of shot) there was a 40-50 foot conker tree that towered above where I took the 'dry' photo, about a week after I took that, it got hit by lightning and crashed the floor, which you can see in the image below. post-15503-0-06252400-1388865744_thumb.j post-15503-0-36837900-1388865760_thumb.j

Edited by PerfectStorm
  • Like 3

Posted

..... - if it's like it again tomorrow I'm having a duvet day :-)

can i join you? well what i mean is can i have a duvet day too :winky:

oh hang on... dont think doggy will allow a duvet day. he has needs :lol: :rolleyes:

'ning all :D

took fluffy out 3 times today and dodged the rain every time. cant see what all the fuss about dreary. wet and windy weather is all about

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

Oh no - Really sad to hear Regionnaires are now getting leaks.....commiserations to all of you affected

Any water entry/damage sucks....and you will obviously  need to ensure your insurance company "perform properly" in re-instating the loss....which believe me

a) can be frustrating,

Posted Image take oodles of time, and

c) if not handled with the appropriate  knowledge.....based on hindsight I hasten to say.... might cost you personally a fortune like it did me.

I don;t know if this is the appropriate forum but I am willing to share my "with hindsight knowledge" about how to keep your insurance claim "on track" and "working for you".

PM me if you want a chat.

.....Errrm would you mind waiting until tomorrow please as I  am celebrating my Xmas and NewYear tonight,  having finally got rid of winds, rain, flood, rubbish and  water company contractors that have been incessant since 23rd Dec. 

My Xmas tree lights are now switched on....I am looking forward to enjoying them tonight whilst watching a Sky+ Sherlock before they are taken down tomorrow.

xxx

Edited by PiggiePalace
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Just notice today that in my front garden that my daffs have just popped out of the soil, this didn't happen until mid march last year. With even milder temps in the coming week, be interesting to see how high they get. We all just know that winter will arrive 1st March and stick around all spring!

Posted

I feel for everyone having problems, we have been very lucky here, even Great Yarmouth got some of that heavy rain, but it slid past us about 12 miles to the South.  We got some rain but nothing on the scale that others have had.

On what I hope is a brighter note the NMM charts (from Netweather Extra) shows tomorrows rain to be considerably lighter than todays in most of our region.  But looks like the South West gets the brunt again, with wind and rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Got a post and photo on my Facebook page that it has been snowing in Redruth in Cornwall from UK Weather

Are you following my page? Posted Image 

https://www.facebook.com/LondonAndTheSouthEastWeather?bookmark_t=page

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Just biked to local shop and yes, it's stopped raining woohoo.

Just a heads up for anyone who likes him, lots of stuff on BBC 2 later about Dave Allen.

A very funny man!

• Like 2

Posted

Just biked to local shop and yes, it's stopped raining woohoo.Just a heads up for anyone who likes him, lots of stuff on BBC 2 later about Dave Allen.A very funny man!

he's been described as, amongst other things, as :-

a bigot

homophobic

chauvanistic

anti church

racist

but yes.

he's really funny :lol:

Posted

Just biked to local shop and yes, it's stopped raining woohoo.Just a heads up for anyone who likes him, lots of stuff on BBC 2 later about Dave Allen.A very funny man!

Thanks for that, I'd have been gutted if I'd missed these programs.  Saw him live at Norwich Theatre Royal in (I think) 1978.  2 hours sitting by himself on the stage  --  had the audience eating out of his hand, he was excellent.

• Like 1

Posted
Posted

hi all

tonight

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

rain or wintry showers later

drying out towards morning

i am calling dry tomorrow until late pm

be back in a minute with an update

Edited by john pike
  • Like 3