Posted · Hidden by Dorsetbred, February 27, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Dorsetbred, February 27, 2014 - No reason given

That would be epic..... Posted Image

Jo, check out the Worldwide Weather>>>>>>>US thread and watch a snownado

• Like 1
Posted
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Dorsetbred, February 25, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Dorsetbred, February 25, 2014 - No reason given

OK so are you ready for this, from a professional psychic medium, here's the outlook so farPosted Image

• Early May – an odd winter-like storm in mid USA (Colorado?) that causes tornado outbreaks throughout the US and travel issuesPosted Image 

​

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

No wonder they sing "Is this the way to Amarillo.....?"

http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/pub/includes/columns/newsstory/2014/992x740_03121701_screen-shot-2014-03-12-at-1.00.49-pm.png

This aerial view of the haboob over Amarillo, Texas, was captured by Ryan Scott and shared on Twitter by his friend, @RaiderTex52. (Photo/Ryan Scott)

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Hail, Torrential Rain

I seriously hope there will be some rain in the drought hit areas, we had enough dust last year. I'd like to see a tornado not a mass of dust!

No wonder they sing "Is this the way to Amarillo.....?"

http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/pub/includes/columns/newsstory/2014/992x740_03121701_screen-shot-2014-03-12-at-1.00.49-pm.png

This aerial view of the haboob over Amarillo, Texas, was captured by Ryan Scott and shared on Twitter by his friend, @RaiderTex52. (Photo/Ryan Scott)

Posted

Word on the street has it that late season warming will be the trend this year. So whilst outbreaks are possible early May, thoughts are turning to the major outbreaks arriving late May and through June timeframe.

Whilst prediction is not my forte, the present cooler episodes sitting over the USA, could well suggest the season will be a late starter.

http://www.kansascity.com/2014/03/14/4890961/weather-officials-expect-a-delayed.html

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Any signs of a later than average start to the season are great news as far as i'm concerned (even though I don't like to be selfish lol) Tornadoes a plenty in the high plains in early June would be great for some awesome structure and great views.

Current pattern looks dreadful for chasing in USA.  I'm struggling to see how the pattern will becoming more amplified in May if this is the way it looks in March.  But I am not a meteorologist or an expert on US weather.   I do suspect the northern plains could do well with a more active polar jet in June due El Nino? 

Posted

Current pattern looks dreadful for chasing in USA.  I'm struggling to see how the pattern will becoming more amplified in May if this is the way it looks in March.  But I am not a meteorologist or an expert on US weather.   I do suspect the northern plains could do well with a more active polar jet in June due El Nino? 

it was the same last year.. then went kaboom

Posted

A Happy New Year to all you storm fanatics as we start another season.

Slight Risk AR and Ozarks Thursday 27.3.14 night might be worth a look as moderate dps around 17C spread into the region - limited CAPE if realised may yield a few tornados with the decent looking shear.

And so it begins.

• Like 1

Posted

For this episode i'm thinking of a target of east of Broken Bow in Oklahoma. Eagletown would be a good place to start as swinging southeast is an option. I wouldn't want to go to far east. Beware the trees!

Posted

Lol some who chased the elevated Lightning storms in 2011 on this board will know what the terrain is like in NW Arkansas, probably one of the only times my Threatnet could not work because of the overhanging caves and Penine like 1:10 Hills, good luck with all of that.

Middle of next week needs watching, mid 60's dews and better chase area along with better Kinematics for Tornadoes firming up nicely on the 3 Majors at the moment.

Would expect some sort of Days 5 & 6 on Saturdays SWODY4-8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Hands up, who's excited? :D

Posted

Lol some who chased the elevated Lightning storms in 2011 on this board will know what the terrain is like in NW Arkansas, probably one of the only times my Threatnet could not work because of the overhanging caves and Penine like 1:10 Hills, good luck with all of that.

Middle of next week needs watching, mid 60's dews and better chase area along with better Kinematics for Tornadoes firming up nicely on the 3 Majors at the moment.

Would expect some sort of Days 5 & 6 on Saturdays SWODY4-8

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/exper/day4-8/

And there it is on cue Paul.

What are your plans for this season?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

And then it was gone....teasing us?

The last line of the update does say it will most likely be brought back once the models have started to agree.

Posted

Some cracking chases to be had over the next 3-4 days.

Lifting warm front and Dryline Intersection from DFW-SPS On Tuesday, another shot SW Okie to Ok City on Wednesday before its the Jungles on Thursday.

Good luck to the UK Boys still out in Oklahoma.

Go bag some structure and hopefully some Nados for us.