Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 1/1/14 18z ------>

A.J

Posted

Is anyone watching the Stargazing programme?  Apparently it could be possible that we could see the Aurora Borealis either tonight or tomorrow night... EVEN DOWN HERE IN THE SOUTH!!!

I am so excited!  I really want to see this!!!

Edited by Sungirl
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Firstly; go careful around those lanes! I drive that way to work every morning and lost my car at one bend due to all the mud on the road, it's treacherous!

Secondly; please god, no snow! Things are dreadful around here, it's beyond a joke now. Kids can't get to school, a lot of roads are impassable, people are unable to leave their villages and we even have the bloody sun newspaper sending big breasted women holding cans of beer down on boats to try and get their way in to villages to try and get interviews, this didn't go down well with the villagers! Even the male ones Posted Image

Snow means more floods, we just need some peace and quiet now. Posted Image

Only if it melts... A prolonged freeze would allow most of the excess ground water to drain away.. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

As much as I love snow and get excited like a child when I see it falling, I have never wanted it less. I would quite literally like no precipitation to fall for the next 6 months please.

EDIT: Well it seems I only got 4 minutes! About sums up the last month really.

Edited by Somerset Squall

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Firstly; go careful around those lanes! I drive that way to work every morning and lost my car at one bend due to all the mud on the road, it's treacherous!

Secondly; please god, no snow! Things are dreadful around here, it's beyond a joke now. Kids can't get to school, a lot of roads are impassable, people are unable to leave their villages and we even have the bloody sun newspaper sending big breasted women holding cans of beer down on boats to try and get their way in to villages to try and get interviews, this didn't go down well with the villagers! Even the male ones Posted Image

Snow means more floods, we just need some peace and quiet now. Posted Image

I didn't actually see her until the report. People here may had seen the funny side if things weren't so bad and for so long.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe t/ storms, rain, snow, wind!

There has been some lightning flashes here in the last hour!

Posted

Jeez, best cut down on that breathing, your Co2 levels are dangerousPosted Image

Co2 levels are always highest around the 12z  Posted Image

What station measures Co2 anyway?

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Latest from Ian Fergusson;

"Colder spell next week nothing unusual for Jan, stress @metoffice. More pronounced to NE. Snow for various areas possible; ditto rain in S. The Express hyperbole well over-the-top, unsurprisingly. Yes, a different mode of winter weather but hardly anything exceptional."

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Today is a welcome break from the normal of late.... Chill in the air and sun in the sky....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Co2 levels are always highest around the 12z  Posted Image

What station measures Co2 anyway?

It's a worldwide project to help people monitor there way of living as well as the weather. Being in CO2 levels of 1000 to 2000 make you feel tired, sleepy, lathargic, even give you headaches, so it's good to give the room ventilation. The app let's you know all of this via notifications, it's a fantastic bit of equipment.

http://www.netatmo.com/en-US/product

http://www.netatmo.com/weathermap

Posted

I didn't actually see her until the report. People here may had seen the funny side if things weren't so bad and for so long.

Totally understand. I wouldn't see the funny side either. Even the fields alongside westonzoyland road are full to bursting, any more rain and that road is going to be impassable as well.Are things getting better out there?

Posted

Totally understand. I wouldn't see the funny side either.Even the fields alongside westonzoyland road are full to bursting, any more rain and that road is going to be impassable as well.Are things getting better out there?

My friend that lives down there around Langport has had the water a few feet from his front door but he says it is dropping now.

From the Mendips it looks like we have a new inland sea down that way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

My friend that lives down there around Langport has had the water a few feet from his front door but he says it is dropping now.

From the Mendips it looks like we have a new inland sea down that way.

Have you cancelled your skiing trip? The models have gone pete tong in the space of 12 hours!!

• Like 1

Posted

Have you cancelled your skiing trip? The models have gone pete tong in the space of 12 hours!!

No I am still skiing so keep the faith the cold is coming  Posted Image  I really hope we see some winter though soon as it has been dire and I'm sure people would agree a few cm of snow and cold crisp weather is much better than a few more inches of rain.. Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted

No I am still skiing so keep the faith the cold is coming  Posted Image  I really hope we see some winter though soon as it has been dire and I'm sure people would agree a few cm of snow and cold crisp weather is much better than a few more inches of rain.. Posted Image

concur

Posted

It was dry for just over 12 hours which thankfully included the entire daytime period! However some sharp showers before dawn and now this evening! It seems that even with a ridge of HIGH pressure the weather finds a way to make it rain!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.Thunder Storms

My god,it's gone mad on the Mod output thread,over 1000 members!!!! looks very interesting……..might dig out the Sledge!!!?????Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

What's this?! Sunny all day and at 23.30 I heard hailstones on the window. Rogue shower just moved through here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

My god,it's gone mad on the Mod output thread,over 1000 members!!!! looks very interesting……..might dig out the Sledge!!!?????Posted Image

I wouldn't bother just yet if I were you.
  • Like 4

Posted

I would keep the sledge right at the back of the shed if I were you, unless your off to the alps that is...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.Thunder Storms

I would keep the sledge right at the back of the shed if I were you, unless your off to the alps that is...

Oh,ok……….Posted Image More waiting thenPosted Image oh well.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

First 24 hour period with no precipitation of any sort since December 28th just finishing, shame it's not going to last.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Thin cloud cover. Sun is shining through the cloud. Cloud base 428ft. Temperature 6.3c. Sensor in the shade is reading 4.5c...