Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 1/1/14 18z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Lights just had a moment, big flash followed by thunder, happy days. Hopefully this bodes well for tonight!!Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Well its been a much quieter day on the island, a few gusts this evening

994.8mb (0.7mb/hr)

Leaf wetness 1.0

Soil Moisture 22.0cb

Gust last hour 29.9mph

Humidity 86%

Temp 10.8*c (falling)

Really am hoping that we are starting to see a change in the weather, would be nice to actually get out and about and not where my wellies and get stuck in bogged down fields, and loosing my wellies in the meantime (yes i lost a wellie walking, it got stuck in the mud as i walked it came off and my foot ended up in a very muddy puddle, i said a few choice words Posted Image  the dog continued to just run off without a care in the world that mommy was now ankle deep in mud lol)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Lashing it here!!! That last strike has knocked out some power too!!

2 flashes, 2 rumbles heavy spots of rain and lights dimmed (must have been a good shot at the electric grid!)

Lights just had a moment, big flash followed by thunder, happy days. Hopefully this bodes well for tonight!!Posted Image

Power dimmed here too! :o
  • Like 3

Posted

2 flashes, 2 rumbles heavy spots of rain and lights dimmed (must have been a good shot at the electric grid!)

Dimmed here too. Saw the distant flashes. Just squally rain now though.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

The lightning caused a mini blackout here. The street lights went out for ten mins and our router went down Posted Image all back to normal for now.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Hmm

Bleakdown, Godshill, IOW have a recorded gust of 43.7mn (in the last hour)

Newport, IOW have a recorded gust of 36.8mph (in last hour)

Thought it was calming down  Posted ImagePosted Image

And an Sferic register over sandown, must of had ma eyes closed, heard and saw nothing Posted Image

Come on mother nature give us the cold weather Pleasee!!Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted

A very long train of downpours now which look set to affect the same areas for many hours, teeming down here.

Why is it that there are no half measures with the rain at the moment? It just seems to be torrential every time.

• Like 1

Posted

Power dimmed here. He rattled through not too long ago. About 730ish. Was finishing the babys tea off. Dash it she is scared of thunder :( She howled :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe t/ storms, rain, snow, wind!

Few flashes of lightning here now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

What's this showing up for our region on the 10th January, no it can't be can it? Posted Image Posted Image

post-7183-0-67632900-1389043947_thumb.pn

Whilst its been impressively active weather of late, I think this chart, should it verify, would be most welcomed by a lot of us. Personally I think it will as it has been suggested that the Jet would die down by around that timeframe, even way back on the 27th December - http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78787-model-output-discussion-17th-dec2013-12z-onwards/?p=2877073

. Posted Image How long the HP cell will effect us and where it decides to move to is definitely up for debate however. Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

A few flashes and cracks of thunder and another downpour.  No light showers today.  Had a nice hail shower earlier but luckily not like the other day. Its currently 7.2c but feels chillier but maybe its just me.

Posted

What's this showing up for our region on the 10th January, no it can't be can it? Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image060114 MetO Fax Chart t+120.png

Whilst its been impressively active weather of late, I think this chart, should it verify, would be most welcomed by a lot of us. Personally I think it will as it has been suggested that the Jet would die down by around that timeframe, even way back on the 27th December - http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78787-model-output-discussion-17th-dec2013-12z-onwards/?p=2877073

. Posted Image How long the HP cell will effect us and where it decides to move to is definitely up for debate however. Posted Image

Please can you explain for those of us who are still learning :)  Pretty please :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Thunder here about 20 mins ago, but no strikes showing on NW radar detector despite the several reports recently.

hi Andy,And a minute ago thunder here! Hmm so how far Newbury to Warminster is the time taken for the thunder to travel. Cool I love the nw forum. Must be the same thunder you heard!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

hi Andy,And a minute ago thunder here! Hmm so how far Newbury to Warminster is the time taken for the thunder to travel. Cool I love the nw forum. Must be the same thunder you heard!

... And another wee rumble... Judging by radar you have a torrential spot over you now Andy..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

A fourth rumble of Thunder in the last five minutes here, making that three nearby storms today. Posted Image

Please can you explain for those of us who are still learning Posted Image  Pretty please Posted Image

Explain what exactly Sungirl? Posted Image  The HP (High Pressure) cell labelled as an H on the Fax Chart over Northern France should extend into our region come Friday and will bring some much needed drier weather, at least initially. Does that help?

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 2

Posted

Thunder here about 20 mins ago, but no strikes showing on NW radar detector despite the several reports recently.

Yes I realised it wasn't working earlier either when the Dorset and Somerset storms were kicking off, strange!

Posted

I can confirm we had a total of five or six Thunderclaps and a rain rate of 123.8mm (nearly 5 inches) per hour at 22:25. Posted Image

Yes I realised it wasn't working earlier either when the Dorset and Somerset storms were kicking off, strange!

And now it's back up again.

Posted

Explain what exactly Sungirl? Posted Image  The HP (High Pressure) cell labelled as an H on the Fax Chart over Northern France should extend into our region come Friday and will bring some much needed drier weather, at least initially. Does that help?

I think that's what she meant yes. Assuming she was asking what the fax chart showed! As GTLTW says, it should being more settled weather for us meaning less rainfall, and lighter winds, which would be a much appreciated respite from the storms we have had!!

Posted

A fourth rumble of Thunder in the last five minutes here, making that three nearby storms today. Posted Image

lol I wasn't sure if I had missed something.  Brain not functioning today in anticipation of first day back tomorrow ;)