Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 1/1/14 18z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

The causeway flooded again last night, you could hear the roar of water running off of the road in to the fiel .. A tad eerie in the dark. It flooded again this morning, so much flood water running down from the upper From.

Currently 8C and it has just started raining again, quite possible we may see some thundershowers tonight and tomorrow, the weatherpro app has a warning out for it, they've been bang on every time! :)

post-15177-0-82613600-1388921681_thumb.p

• Like 1

Posted

hi just visiting  looking at the  radar not  nice hope you all stay dry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Well I don't even need to look, pretty certain I've got that sound Sussed now, it's raining.

hi just visiting  looking at the  radar not  nice hope you all stay dry

Funny you say that, I woke up with fins this morning, starting to adapt and evolve
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

was dry when woke up, didn't feel right lol Posted Image

now it gonna rain, so the radar tells me, dont evolve to much Karlos this rain is going to dry out, hmm maybe evolve so your Fins can be used as ski's aswell  Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

It's not raining anywhere near as hard as the Radar might suggest.

EDIT: timing is everything, raining heavier almost the second a pressed post lol

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

It's not raining anywhere near as hard as the Radar might suggest.

EDIT: timing is everything, raining heavier almost the second a pressed post lol

It is certainly persisting down  Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

certainly looks like a very interesting evening and night to come with some intense downpours hail and thunder gusty winds and a similar spell tomorrow ,as usual certain areas will miss some of the action but certainly wild .things them calm down a bit but expect a few surprise weather systems to pop up over this week .then looking into the far outlook colder air hopefully getting pulled into the mix  Mullender 83 type of weather hopefully as he.s away so be prepared ,Sausage sandwich brown sauce and a swift half cheers gang ,back edge of this system coming through soon ,but on satelite showers out west gathering ,please keep up excelent posts on this brilliant Forum .Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, frosty / Warm but not hot with a steady breeze

According to radar that's it for rain, thought it would have been a bit more intense, although thankfully not. Any idea when the next lot due?

Edit. Ok, just seen the nose of the next lot, colourful!

Edited by Aceman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Southerly breeze. 7.2km/h. Gusting  17.3 km/h .Rain 1.8mm today. Total 33.9mm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

According to radar that's it for rain, thought it would have been a bit more intense, although thankfully not. Any idea when the next lot due?

Well the front left here a while ago but the southwest slopes of Dartmoor down to the coast are doing its geographical location rain trick again as it has not stopped all day. Wish it would I don't want to the pub in the wet!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

YES nose of the next lot approaching cornwall ,very bright echo ,but as usual track wont be that clear for a few  hrs yet .but certainly looks like an interesting night ,and again just after first light tomorrow ,will be interesting to see what wind strenghs will be between 6am and mid day tomorrow ,could prove spectacular if winds coinside with high tide ,Stay safe folk and keep your distance ,dont forget one litre of water weighs about a Kilo so imagine one big wave ,i usually deal in pounds so hope im right .cheers all .Posted Image

Posted

Southerly breeze. 7.2km/h. Gusting  17.3 km/h .Rain 1.8mm today. Total 33.9mm.

Where is your anemometer - in the garage ?Considerably stronger than that - Yeovilton is curently averaging 21mph gusting to twice that which is 35kph gusting 65kph

Posted

Can anyone near me give me a precip report please? I've had an argument with my collector, and I'm back to zero! Grhhh

Posted

Temp rose from 0.3c to 7.3c in 1 hour here this morning when the wind kicked in, and over 5c in 30 minutes. It tends to do that sometimes in the valley here.

On the radar it looks as if the rain cleared here a while ago, however we have a persistent soaking fine rain and drizzle being blown sideways on the wind, that's not really showing on the radar. Rain rates mainly 1.5-3 mm/hr and water running down the road as like from a more 'normal' moderate rain.

Total for the day so far is 5.8mm, but we've had more since the radar says it stopped than before. The stuff showing out west looks a bit interesting.

Yesterday we had 12.0mm from the rain and a later shower, though most of it went slightly east of here again.

Edited by Evening thunder

Posted

looking on the radar  your got very  very heavy rain  very close to Cornwall

Posted

Looking at the radar, you guys down in the devon, cornwall are going to have an interesting few hours with what's incoming.

it's been quiet here on the coast of se wales today and only 6.3 mm of rain so far with light wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Where is your anemometer - in the garage ?Considerably stronger than that - Yeovilton is curently averaging 21mph gusting to twice that which is 35kph gusting 65kph

Some Others on Wunderground  in the S.West are doing even less.DUE to location..... 

Posted

So I make it 7.3mm today, although do with cross checking with Dorsetbred if your around?

Let's see how much comes from that showing on the radar moving E/NE and fast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Well my anemometer is up about 33ft on our house roof and the highest gust here so far is only 26mph which would be 42km/h.

Most places will have considerably less winds then the official stations as they are usually in massive wide open fields and at least 30ft above ground level.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Just watching United v Swansea and saw a flash of lightning at the corner of my eye!! Long rumble of thunder too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Just had a big flash and rumble of thunder and now its hammering down in Bristol.