Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 1/1/14 18z ------>

A.J

Posted

Just for fun I have temporarily adjusted my rain gauge emptying times from once a day to each time a rain event ends, unless we look set to have more than 50mm in one go, and have just emptied 28mm from it which is from overnight and until 15.00.

Having looked set to brighten up for the last hour before sunset it is now raining again!!

83mm so far this year to five minutes ago.  Add that to what fell from December 13th and you get 323mm which, by my calculations is 12.8"...and it's still raining.

79mm (and counting) for January, total since 13th December 287mm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Thats odd, just had some small hail fall here a few minutes ago!

There is quite a dark cloud moving away to the east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

This may interest some in here. It concerns yesterday's violent storms. lick on the attached link within the link below to access.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78838-convective-storm-discussion-22nd-december-2013-2014-onwards/?p=2884608

• Like 2

Posted

Quite a bit of rain showing on the radar (surprise, surprise) just to the west of the Scilly Isles.....looks like it'll make Cornwall by 6 pm ish before moving across our area.

I'm assuming that this isn't tomorrows rain ......but an extra Brucey bonus??

Posted

Well looks like the rain has finally cleared here, ended up with 26.5mm of rain, that's 75.6mm for the year to date. Off out now to catch the high tide at Poole/Sandbanks.

Take care out there karlos, and anyone else venturing out in the floods/high seas!
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

We have had 12mm of rain here today, not much compared to recent times.... Currently 2.3c here so will be interesting to see what precipitation falls as later tonight....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Just checked the rain gauge and it shows that 39mm (one and a half inches) of rain has fallen since yesterday evening.Posted Image

Apart from that one period of very heavy rain we had last year that is the highest I have seen over a 24hr period.

• Like 1

Posted

Quite a bit of rain showing on the radar (surprise, surprise) just to the west of the Scilly Isles.....looks like it'll make Cornwall by 6 pm ish before moving across our area.

I'm assuming that this isn't tomorrows rain ......but an extra Brucey bonus??

It's from a small LOW that's set to zip along the Channel tonight before tomorrow's LOW then arrives late morning!! In between we have short clear spells, the 2nd of which may provide a frost for the 2nd Sunday in a row lol whoopee!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

After a comparatively dull day to recent times, we had a beautiful sunset here!

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

We had this slightly golden glow at the end of the day too!

post-8165-0-89921600-1388860784_thumb.jp

Yeo not quite so high as last week, but spread over a larger area and flowing more quickly.

post-8165-0-95614600-1388860870_thumb.jp

post-8165-0-47238100-1388860902_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Posted

http://www.eyeballhq.tv/surfcheck/westward-ho/

hi  just  visiting lots  of  people  down at westward  hoo at the  moment

Edited by tinybill

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow snow ..

Just had slushy snow... my boys and I were so excited... was only a flutter but was good to be standing in it...

• Like 2

Posted

I personally would allready say that in terms of the winds the storms are finished now as tomorrow and Monday show mean winds inland of moderate to strong.

I would imagine the next load of wind will be more noticeable on coastal areas then recently where gales are likely.

Posted

Just had slushy snow... my boys and I were so excited... was only a flutter but was good to be standing in it...

Yes very surprised at that. Still some on cars now in Redruth. Weather can be so strange at times

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow snow ..

Yes very surprised at that. Still some on cars now in Redruth. Weather can be so strange at times

Yes agree was in Falmouth shopping today and it was warm but later on in the day the temp did drop... Yes weather can be strange :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Just started snowing.Will not stick due to rain.1.9c and dropping.

Posted Image Posted Image

Just going to refresh my page this must be a mistake.. Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Ahh how typical I get back to cornwall next week when things look like becoming quiet. Thunder, lightning, downpours, hail, flooding, storm surge and now snow!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Take care out there karlos, and anyone else venturing out in the floods/high seas!

Poole was ok today, about 5 more feet of beach than yesterday.Always careful.What a great day. Weather may be my passion, but seeing my 1st love Beat Spurs 2-0, always leaves my with a fluffy feeling, COYG
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Just how accurate this proved to be, never write anything off has to be the lesson for us all here methinks. It won't float many of our boats when it doesn't settle but snow is still snow. Posted Image

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78938-south-westcentral-southern-england-regional-weather-discussion-1114-18z/?p=2882238

And as I said yesterday, the straw clutching wasn't necessary it seems. Posted Image

Final question, will the precipitation ever fall as snow in the coming days and weeks, well............. Saturday night/Sunday morning as alluded to by one or two other individuals might see a wet snowflake in favoured locations but I'm clutching at straws here.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

In the calm weather I have had a look at the beach from Freshwater Bay to Brook on the Isle of Wight. The storms have changed things somewhat.

For a start the sand is mixed with pebbles and will not settle back for a while yet, even some wrecks have moved, noticed all the deck cargoes of timber being taken away in the old wrecking style just like years ago LOL

My back is too bad for all that these days Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Heavy snow in Princetown at the moment!

Did it settle beast? Not surprised, cold air digging behind and that little feature coming in the mix with some decent elevation. Big thumbs up with some jealousy of course
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Heavy snow in Princetown at the moment!

some get all the luck on street lamp duty here nothing doing!
  • Like 1

Posted

some get all the luck on street lamp duty here nothing doing!

I'm gonna have the hump if it snows after midnight, the council have apparently put a curfew on midnight snow watchers imby grhh
  • Like 2