Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 1/1/14 18z ------>

A.J

Posted

Crazy thunderstorm 5 mins ago, the hail was huge, everywhere's gone white! Felt quite vulnerable poo picking in an open field!!

And now for round 2, bloody hell!!

Posted

Happy New Year all!

After some advice please. I've got to drive to Cornwall this afternoon for a family party. M5 south and then A30 to St Austell. Anything I should be worried about/avoid?

Thanks

Outside looks like a black and white movie, absolutely no colour. HUGE rumble of thunder outside just now and the seagulls are going mental. It was freaky!

Edited by dancing daisy

Posted

Crazy thunderstorm 5 mins ago, the hail was huge, everywhere's gone white! Felt quite vulnerable poo picking in an open field!!

And now for round 2, bloody hell!!

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

torrential rain, hail here too..................no thunder but given it's black out there , it;s going to be lively day .......................

er take  no thunder back ...............................................

Edited by littlemissy

Posted

torrential rain, hail here too..................no thunder but given it's black out there , it;s going to be lively day .......................

Have you not had any thunder?? Had the first but if rain/hail just pass through, gone quiet now, but just heard a distant rumble!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: exciting

Got to work at 8.00 clear sky's no wind,1 hour later black as night and blowing gale

Posted

Sky is bright yellow here, turning black to west and north with a couple of distant rumbles of thunder in Broadway near Ilminster.....travelling back to Glossop in an hour....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Not the best of mornings so far.

Strong gusts of winds with heavy bursts of rain. Very strong gusts I might add.

Posted

Wow...at about 4.45am this morning was woken up by torrential rain, horrendous wind and very loud thunder and lightning...lasted a few minutes! Never seen or heard anything like it!

It must have been loud, as it woke me up here at the same time. It was just heavy rain by the time it reached us.

Here are the fields surrounding the Avon this morning. It's on a par with the highest I've seen it in my six years here. No alert as yet though.

post-7340-0-10129500-1388740838_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Wow strong winds and heavy rain with that last shower!

There is another thing of note though which is there was certainly sleet in the heaviest of the shower just passing through I didn't expect it but I could clearly see the ice splats on the windows.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

This thunderstorm is insane! The thunder is so loud, the lightning frequent, and the hail has turned everything white!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

Thunder here in Radstock too. Went black as night but with a yellowy hue. Eerie.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Typically the thunder and lightning is around this area but not actually in it. Had a squall go through with temporarily very strong winds and bits and pieces flying about but now cleared and dead calm again. Hoping for some thundery activity today though!

Posted

just seen this for River Severn

""0940: BREAKING NEWS

The River Severn is breaking its banks at Minsterworth, Gloucestershire. The Coastguard is advising people to move""

Courtesy BBC

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Ahh very jealous on missing more thunderstorms today. Typically

My return to Falmouth late next week looks to be just as things quiet down.