Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 1/1/14 18z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind, storms

Well we got a small battering on tonight's high tide. A number of sea walls breached flooding main roads on both sides of the island and that was without the wind. Wind has really got up with this narrow rain band pushing through. Can't wait for the morning now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Well Finished work, and the wind had noticeably picked up since before I started. Must say we had some unbelievable downpours around 5pm. Anways they soon cleared

The rain bad is fat Approaching Sandown, however the west of the Island is already under it

Edit.. its just started to rain lightly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Sorry, no can do Mulls;

post-12721-0-54647800-1388700886_thumb.j

Edited by AWD

Posted

Couple of pics from tonight. Sorry for the blurry phone camera !

post-18733-0-62134700-1388700906_thumb.j

post-18733-0-52161200-1388700950_thumb.j

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Here we go again, the island wont take much more, have never seen so many road closures of late, flooding, with high tides and more rain next few days the island may just float away and wave as it passes Guernsey and Jersey.

On a serious note, please take care everyone, and if going out to watch High Tides on coastal fronts please!! be cautious and stay away from the seafronts.

Posted

Here we go again, the island wont take much more, have never seen so many road closures of late, flooding, with high tides and more rain next few days the island may just float away and wave as it passes Guernsey and Jersey.

On a serious note, please take care everyone, and if going out to watch High Tides on coastal fronts please!! be cautious and stay away from the seafronts.

Hello Neibour :L

Thunder potential looks quite high tomorrow for the island and over the the weekend so keep and eye on that 

Posted

Hello Neibour :L

Thunder potential looks quite high tomorrow for the island and over the the weekend so keep and eye on that 

Hello Neighbor, Put kettle on LOL!!! will only take me ermm all of 5 seconds to get to your front door, not looking good again is it, driving home from work and yet again Morton road closed and several off the roads i travel on have some pretty big puddles, not even sure if will get to work in morning as there is now only one route open to get out of sandown (Yaverland) and even then they may close that off due to it being a seafront road..

Posted

You won't float past us. Wrong wind direction !! You might bounce along the south coast a bit and then end up at Norway !

Posted

Hello Neighbor, Put kettle on LOL!!! will only take me ermm all of 5 seconds to get to your front door, not looking good again is it, driving home from work and yet again Morton road closed and several off the roads i travel on have some pretty big puddles, not even sure if will get to work in morning as there is now only one route open to get out of sandown (Yaverland) and even then they may close that off due to it being a seafront road..

Haha cheeky!

Definatly not looking good for roads especially Morton, I cant see Yaverlant being closed tomorrow, as tonights rain will pass through very quick, infact its nearly passed through, and the winds will ease by midday a little. However Thundery showers looks a very good possibilty and a very high hail risk and funnel risk too i reckon

Posted

You won't float past us. Wrong wind direction !! You might bounce along the south coast a bit and then end up at Norway !

Norway it is then, got friends who live in Bergen, free holiday Posted Image

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

wind has died down here .............................................or seems to have .................

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

STORM SURGE Warning and key tide times for Scilly and Cornwall available here: http://www.cciweathe...ings/4573724904

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

That squall feature I was talking about earlier is showing up on the radar now.

Not far off hitting Cornwall.

Posted

That squall feature I was talking about earlier is showing up on the radar now.Not far off hitting Cornwall.

Yes noticed that just a moment ago - some deep reds and whites in that lot. Looks nasty.

Posted

Yes noticed that just a moment ago - some deep reds and whites in that lot. Looks nasty.

Has it made landfall  yet? Some lightning showing on radar also so could be quite active.

• Like 1

Posted

Looks pretty rough for the Scilly Isles in the next 3 hours as high-tide peaks, never knew that Hugh Town was literally on the beach in terms of height. I would imagine evacs were already underway yesterday afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

No wind to speak of at the moment? 8.5mm of rain since midnight and had 10.7mm yesterday. Certainly can't see 10.30 high tide being an issue in Poole with no wind

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe t/ storms, rain, snow, wind!

Wow...at about 4.45am this morning was woken up by torrential rain, horrendous wind and very loud thunder and lightning...lasted a few minutes! Never seen or heard anything like it!

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

You and me both, Mumbles!  Wasn't expecting that, just looked back on the radar and it was pretty intense for a while. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

We did have some wind here gusting to about 30-35mph again for about an hour or so last night but now its almost completely calm.

Given all the warnings I would have thought there would have been a bit more to be honest. Was hardly a storm!Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

No wind to speak off here in Weston.

Thankfully it looks like high tide and high winds is not going to be a problem - certainly for Weston anyway.

'Edit'

Just had a text from the wife saying Weston seafront is flooded, must be from tidal surge....

Edited by SteveB

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: exciting

No wind in Clevedon high tide passing with no probs weather forecast slightly off the mark?

Posted

Here in Hayle we are in the middle of another big shower with thunder, lightning, heavy hail and very squally winds. The Velux window that I,ve been watching it from is now completely covered in hail.

• Like 2