Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion 1st January 2014-06z onwards.

phil nw.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

Sorry are you still talking about the Jet or about the heights?

The jet. Posted Image

Posted

for the gfs to be right at day 7, the ecm ens mean/anomoly has to be very wrong. i dont buy that, given that the ecm ens are running only a few km behind the gfs op in resolution.

• Like 5

Posted

This run is absolute cobblers, I can't see the low just sitting out west like that and declining in situ.I'm not giving up yet!

A strange feature of this run for sure. A limpet low in the mid Atlantic seemingly untroubled either way by either a] the jet or b] an easterly push. 

Hmm. I can only wonder what Fergie and our friends at Exeter make of this meteorological oddity. 

Edited by Downpour

Posted

Well the ukmo 120 and 144 hour charts will hopefully look better than the gfs at least!!if ecm looks good this evening then I expect the ukmo and gfs to improve!!

Posted

At least there is a new possiblity on offer... Before it was does the high go under?, over? or through? the block. Now its the low goes.....Nowhere! It just sits to the west of the UK stopping any cold coming our way and keeing it grey and miserable. Lots of twists and turns to come though I feel. By the pub run it will probably go straight under and provide uk wide blizzards on its way.  !

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

what is very amusing though is there was cross model support lastnight and this morning now its a complete collapse of the whole pattern change.

and im a little worried that both ukmo and gfs are backing away from the easterly idea.

2 down 3 other models to go jma ecm and gem.

the gem is only out to 48 hours and does not look much different from yesterday.

Posted Image

Edited by emotional rollercoaster

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

GEM still showing easterly undercut!

Posted Image

Edited by Panayiotis
  • Like 8

Posted

At least there is a new possiblity on offer... Before it was does the high go under?, over? or through? the block. Now its the low goes.....Nowhere! It just sits to the west of the UK stopping any cold coming our way and keeing it grey and miserable. Lots of twists and turns to come though I feel. By the pub run it will probably go straight under and provide uk wide blizzards on its way.  !

I hope it's not my cold bias Tim but I'm thinking the 12z could be one for the bin. It's not plausible IMO, although I am no expert!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I cant understand for the life of me how that low doesn't go under? What is stopping it? Can anyone explain?

• Like 3

LOL Not even a frost next week if gfs12z is correct,i hope GEM keeps the faith this evening,and ECM of course.

The thing is,and its undeniable,once a downgrade starts,its like the whole pack of cards falls in,this has happened so many times its almost as if the models tease us (and thats a polite way of saying how i feel). :(

We had a lovely 1035mb scandy high on 12z gfs and the low just sits there to the west,cant understand why it didnt disrupt...

Posted

I cant understand for the life of me how that low doesn't go under? What is stopping it? Can anyone explain?

No. It's bizarre. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW ICE

If you look at the end of the 12Zgfs it has the low south of Ireland it must have stopped of and had a Guinness.

It doesn’t know what to do with its self!

Doesn’t look right.

• Like 5

Posted

If you look at the end of the 12Zgfs it has the low south of Ireland it must have stopped of and had a Guinness.

It doesn’t know what to do with its self!

Doesn’t look right.

Whatever happens, cold or mild, I would be gobsmacked if the 12z verifies. Bin it would be my advice. Sheer fantasy that the low sits there for so long. Not plausible. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

No. It's bizarre. 

It's heading SE, Heights to the west, Heights to the E/NE, nothing to stop it going under?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

no gem is actually  out delays any cold air

Yep sorry, post edited as I didnt see the updated hours at the bottom of the page 

Posted

Its gone from -8c to +4 on top of the Scottish hills in one run at T240....just shows models have no clue at this range...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

What I saw of the GFS 12z

Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Didn't Steve or someone say the other day that if Lows barrel in from the Atlantic to deep they wont slide SE under the High ? I am sure someone mentioned it.

Anyway, quite a shocking flip from the models today. It seems like one of occasions where a forecasted block with cross model aggreement was never even there to begin with.

• Like 1