Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 31/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

The 10 p.m. data from the MetO were 6.8 at Heathrow, 5.5 at Northolt, and 5.9 at Gravesend. Is your neck of the woods on top of a hot spring, MAF?

Happy New Year to everyone. Let's hope next year's better than this one.

Edited by Crepuscular Ray
  • Like 2

Posted

Evening all... I am a tad new years eve merry...hic...

I have a date with Gary Barlow on BBC 1 now, so I shall bid you farewell!

• Like 5

Posted

The 10 p.m. data from the MetO were 6.8 at Heathrow, 5.5 at Northolt, and 5.9 at Gravesend. Is your neck of the woods on top of a hot spring, MAF?

Happy New Year to everyone. Let's hope next year's better than this one.

perhaps its where the sensor is outside. or maybe its all the hot air i blow Posted Image

hello CR. hope youve avoided the stupidity of C London. i got out of Whitehall early. thankfully.

13.1C now Posted Image

Evening all... I am a tad new years eve merry...hic...

I have a date with Gary Barlow on BBC 1 now, so I shall bid you farewell!

Hello SR... Bye bye SR Posted Image

happy new year! (you really need to think about your choice of men, i mean, Gary barlow) :nonono: :o :D

Edited by MAF

Posted

perhaps its where the sensor is outside. or maybe its all the hot air i blow Posted Image

hello CR. hope youve avoided the stupidity of C London. i got out of Whitehall early. thankfully.

13.1C now Posted Image

The former, more likely. Posted Image

I've not bothered with that recipe for getting your purse nicked or beery vomit on your shoes since 1983/4. Once was enough. You were wise to do so.

Posted

Good evening to all the wonderful folk on this very friendly thread, and long may it continue.

On a personal level 2013 was a low point and the prospects for 2014 look no better ( health issues ) BUT, it is always a pleasure to enter this regional thread and read the posts from people I will probably never meet, but who I have come to consider as friends in many ways.

We are a mixed bunch drawn together by nothing more than our fascination with the weather, but we have shared our stories of heartbreak and happiness throughout the year and it feels like an internet community like no other.

I wish you all, your familes and friends a Happy, Healthy and Peaceful  New Year. Posted Image

NB: On a weather note it's just started raining here in the outer suburbs, bad timing for the London Fireworks display

well thank you for your sentiments.

and next time im visiting Northwood (which i do often for work.in that big place with lots of uniformed people) i will check if you'd like a real coffee and not a virtual one. happy 2014!! :)

The former, more likely. Posted Image

I've not bothered with that recipe for getting your purse nicked or beery vomit on your shoes since 1983/4. Once was enough. You were wise to do so.

and as i said earlier. unless you take a bottle....

theres no where to pee :o

once you've got your viewing spot :)

• Like 1

Posted

The rain's just hit my bit of inner west London, so will be with the revellers in the centre of town in a few minutes. Not that good for fireworks.

Posted

The rain's just hit my bit of inner west London, so will be with the revellers in the centre of town in a few minutes. Not that good for fireworks.

Just starting here in Docklands,can hear it against the windows....shame for those outside watching the fireworks.

Posted

wanna bet! :lol:

am sat here waiting for the bangs and noise to waken doggy and G'daughter up.

am i getting old and miserable. or just old? :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Hi all Last post from me for 2013. This may put a smile on faces, Copied it from the Model thread. Posted Image

fergieweather, on 31 Dec 2013 - 23:40, said:Posted Image

high-res PPN discrimination looks interesting indeed for some snow across parts of southern/southern-central England on Sat on N/NW side of low with passing entrainment of colder air. A pretty strong signal. And with that: all the best for 2014 :-)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon

Happy new year everyone woo hoo xxx

• Like 1

Posted

well thank you for your sentiments.

and next time im visiting Northwood (which i do often for work.in that big place with lots of uniformed people) i will check if you'd like a real coffee and not a virtual one. happy 2014!! Posted Image

Hey MAF, that sounds good. Cheers mate.

Posted

Good evening to all the wonderful folk on this very friendly thread, and long may it continue.

On a personal level 2013 was a low point and the prospects for 2014 look no better ( health issues ) BUT, it is always a pleasure to enter this regional thread and read the posts from people I will probably never meet, but who I have come to consider as friends in many ways.

We are a mixed bunch drawn together by nothing more than our fascination with the weather, but we have shared our stories of heartbreak and happiness throughout the year and it feels like an internet community like no other.

I wish you all, your familes and friends a Happy, Healthy and Peaceful  New Year. Posted Image

NB: On a weather note it's just started raining here in the outer suburbs, bad timing for the London Fireworks display

Lovely post BB, thanks (again)

2014, who'd have thought it. All the best to all you lovely folk.

Been listening over and again to Glen Campbell Wichita Lineman tonight - seems to fit.

AS

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Happy new year to everyone!Fingers crossed for some snow, storms, roasting heat and freezing cold in 2014!! 

• Like 3

Posted

Happy new year everyone woo hoo xxx

And to you! :D

Hey MAF, that sounds good. Cheers mate.

Well, i am always good for a chat and coffee. wobbly coffee is better mind :winky: :D

• Like 1

Posted

happy new year all

well done london

them fireworks were impressive

Posted Image

have to admit, having seen them from the roof of the old admiralty building for a few years, whilst working. seeing them on TV tonight, they did seem impressive compared to previous years.

a very happy 14 to one and all :)

• Like 3