Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 31/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Erm....re'some earlier posts,is this going to be a case of 'our storms have been worse than yours'? Blah blah. We've all had bad weather of some kind or another in the past week or two. Some have been more affected than others. Some, like me, like extreme weather....some dont.

Dont let's see this forum turn into another one like some others.

I agree with you  this is the friendly forum not saying mines bigger than yours on here....weather related anywayPosted Image is a must ,perhaps a recomendation to use another mod forum should come from one of our peers  lol

• Like 1

Posted

ecm at 168

Posted Image

Posted Image

next one should be interesting Posted Image

hi bp

was going to say mines ,,, Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

better not though Posted Image

ok next one then Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

WOW.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That was a crazy golf course.

• Like 6

Posted

heres a ramp

Posted Image

Posted Image

gfs ensembles

Posted Image

split after the 10th so fi there

less precip showing still from the 10th

need to see ecm ensembles for london later to see where the main ecm sits

better runs tonight as ecm matches ukmo which is a good start Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

Good grief, that was a major cliff collapse at  Rock-a-Nore in Hastings, and I wouldn't be suprised if there were more in the next few days.Posted Image

That spot where the folks in the video are  standing is the exact spot I would often park up and watch the sea on my frequent visits to Hastings in the past. I suspect similar falls are likely at Fairlight Cove and the western section of Pett Level. 

If anyone down that way is planning to visit Birling Gap again I wonder if they could check the Boat House b & b there?  I stayed there many times and the owners Jeff and Anne only recently had the whole building moved approx 50 metres back from the cliff because of the constant erosion.

It's all getting a bit much for many folk now, and my sympathies to anyone who is affected.Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted

Good grief, that was a major cliff collapse at  Rock-a-Nore in Hastings, and I wouldn't be suprised if there were more in the next few days.Posted Image

That spot where the folks in the video are  standing is the exact spot I would often park up and watch the sea on my frequent visits to Hastings in the past. I suspect similar falls are likely at Fairlight Cove and the western section of Pett Level. 

If anyone down that way is planning to visit Birling Gap again I wonder if they could check the Boat House b & b there?  I stayed there many times and the owners Jeff and Anne only recently had the whole building moved approx 50 metres back from the cliff because of the constant erosion.

It's all getting a bit much for many folk now, and my sympathies to anyone who is affected.Posted Image

Was ok today, although the waves crashing in were packing a pretty punch. Very very windy down there almost got blown over walking back to the car park.

post-16543-0-88138000-1388777726_thumb.jpost-16543-0-11971700-1388777759_thumb.jpost-16543-0-53217800-1388777784_thumb.j

Only got a few because to be honest I was worried about camera getting blown out of my hands.

• Like 3

Posted

The usually excellent quality Bognor Regis live webcam has been struggling to cope with conditions all day but there is definately a thunderstorm there right now, several flashes of lightning and deep rumbles of thunder. Difficult to tell the sea state but high tide is still a while away yet I believe.

http://www.bognorregisbeach.co.uk/live

Posted

The usually excellent quality Bognor Regis live webcam has been struggling to cope with conditions all day but there is definately a thunderstorm there right now, several flashes of lightning and deep rumbles of thunder. Difficult to tell the sea state but high tide is still a while away yet I believe.

High tide here is about midnight so they are probably a couple of hours earlier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Echoing a post from earlier - how's Sunday afternoon/evening shaping-up?  We're due to visit friends, but the main road runs through dense woods and we don't fancy risking coming back at about 8 p.m. if there are going to be high winds.

Posted

Just to clear things up from earlier I was in no way saying it's worse here than anywhere else. I was saying that looking at Environment Agency warnings this morning it looked like very few places in the 'whole' of the South East looked to have escaped flooding potential the whole area was covered in mostly yellows with a few red's.

• Like 1

Posted

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

a little while yet

but showers should die out within the next hour

however around midnight

http://www.sat24.com/?ir=true&ra=true&li=false

more rain on the way Posted Image

If you use the archive option look at the period from 1pm to 2pm

• Like 1

Posted

Just to clear things up from earlier I was in no way saying it's worse here than anywhere else. I was saying that looking at Environment Agency warnings this morning it looked like very few places in the 'whole' of the South East looked to have escaped flooding potential the whole area was covered in mostly yellows with a few red's.

hi sussex

i do not think anyone thought that

the threat tonight is the high tides still around midnight

then tomorrow heavy rain

then sunday night

monday and tuesday

i would have thought all should still watch the warnings until this horrible weather gives up

i am hoping the 120 fax tonight gives us some dryer conditions to look forward to

has got really gusty here again now as well

• Like 2