Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

High tide levels for 6pm onwards.....http://t.co/YaV6n4snXM

Posted Image Notice anything missing....http://t.co/uxaSaZWAOD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Holy bleepers!

I was in morrisons and the lights were flickering and I knew that bad weather was on the way, especially of the noteworthy skies coming towards me before hand. I came out and went into the chemist and again lights flickering. As I walked back the bad weather hit and it sure was bad to start of with!

A big gust nearly knocked me off my feet, with hail hitting my face and the tree's roaring in the wind. Even within home distance it was still chucking it down and giving it all with the gusts.

Pretty impressive, but enough is enough, give us cold dry weather or snow atleast!

Yep my husband just said the same thing for his journey home.

Posted

saturday night

Posted Image

low showing at present is further south Posted Image

ukmo show this

Posted Image

Posted Image

heavy rain overnight south of the region

cold and poss heavy wintry showers when that low heads off east

gusty winds when the low passes east and puts wind direction east north east

the wintry showers will be a blink and miss situation but rain again is more of a concern

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

sunday

Posted Image

a weaker south westerly but may increas again later in the day

rainfall

Posted Image

dry for a bulk of the day

however later

Posted Image

back to heavy rain overnight and gusty south west winds

one good thing about these

i will have to come back to you on thatPosted Image

• Like 6

Just watched the  BBC Weather the next huge storm for Sunday will not be as bad as they thought Gibbs said they are watching it!!!

To be honest for some in the south east every system in the past week hasn't been that strong and been less than feared. Some heavy showers yes, but generally not more than 10mm of rain a day and non damaging gusts. If there have been heavier bands they last 2 or 3 hours maximum.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

To be honest for some in the south east every system in the past week hasn't been that strong and been less than feared. Some heavy showers yes, but generally not more than 10mm of rain a day and non damaging gusts. If there have been heavier bands they last 2 or 3 hours maximum.

It's the sheer accumulation of rainfall over the last few weeks, it has rained nearly every day since mid December and the rivers cannot take any more, they've had enough lol. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

The Atlantic rain train just keeps on coming back, in a way glad I am working from home tomorrow, but then Sunday is not looking too good, we really could do with a prolonged dry/calm spell, give the ground a chance to dry out and the rivers to fall again, (anyone remember the drought?).

• Like 4

Posted

Do you live near any rivers or open land?! Have a look at your local river then come back and tell me that things haven't been too bad.

The Atlantic rain train just keeps on coming back, in a way glad I am working from home tomorrow, but then Sunday is not looking too good, we really could do with a prolonged dry/calm spell, give the ground a chance to dry out and the rivers to fall again, (anyone remember the drought?).

Cuckmere in the summer!

post-16543-0-50918100-1388769641_thumb.j

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

You never get that in Waitrose..... Posted Image

Do members generally never tell people about our interest in weather for fear of being labelled odd, or a geek? At least this last 12 months we can say we've had a pretty amazing set of weather events to experience and not feel like keeping it quiet to friends and family! 

I stopped mentioning the weather to my friends, family & colleagues after I impressed them with my newly found knowledge on the polar vortex... & then there was THAT ECM..Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Cuckmere in the summer!

Posted Imagedry river.jpeg

Hard to believe how things have turned in a year, 2013 started long and cold, then a cracking summer and autumn, then it all seems to have gone breasts up.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon

not here they haven't ! I've had more damage in the last few weeks than I did in 87 ! Probably because the ground is so saturated but none the less it has been awful here . Sounds like you've been lucky
  • Like 1

Posted

Hard to believe how things have turned in a year, 2013 started long and cold, then a cracking summer and autumn, then it all seems to have gone breasts up.

I exaggerate, don't think I have ever seen it that dry just uploading pics from today and will post them up in a bit.

Posted

ukmo at 120

Posted Image

high enough pressure over us to keep us mainly dry

at 144

Posted Image

again still high enough pressure there to keep any showers light

note the pressure to our south east

that is slowly weakening

keep watching there and also the jet

ecm next

• Like 1

Do you live near any rivers or open land?! Have a look at your local river then come back and tell me that things haven't been too bad.

Cuckmere in the summer!

Posted Imagedry river.jpeg

The Thames - which is fine. I know there's flooding in places and sad for people affected but it is not the massive amounts that were predicted/feared. Which is good and hopefully the coming bands of rain will peter out and give around 10mm like previous ones have. 

Edited by SF-02

We all live in different areas so the weather affects us all differently so for some to say oh haven't had much wind , rain, storms is not the same for others ! Give some thought for the ppl who have been affected by this awful weather !

That's why in my post I wrote 'for some in the south east'. 

Posted

sunday night

Posted Image

as posted earlier

heavy rain and windy

monday

Posted Image

strong south west winds

troughs on there so heavy fast moving showers

similar to today???

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

cold air warm air mix

thunderstorms likely

jet

Posted Image

will certainly have an effect on the gusts

this is still a tricky forecast so keep watching as will probably be updated over the next couple of days

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Evening all.

Well at lunch today we got hammered by torrential rain, hail, thunder and lightning. The weather obviously didn't get the memo that it is January :p

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Erm....re'some earlier posts,is this going to be a case of 'our storms have been worse than yours'? Blah blah. We've all had bad weather of some kind or another in the past week or two. Some have been more affected than others. Some, like me, like extreme weather....some dont.

Dont let's see this forum turn into another one like some others.

Edited by Keraunophile
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

BBC News just mentioned Sundays wind and rain event will be a 'notch down' in regards to both wind and rain compared with today/recent lows.....am I missing something as I thought Sundays event was to be as severe if not worse than today's/previous? Although (don't get me wrong) I hope they are right as I'm fed up with these lows now and people getting flooded out is horrendous

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Further to my post earlier regarding MK's fantastic balancing lake system....

post-10773-0-12733600-1388773961_thumb.j

This is water being released from the River Ouzel into Willen Lake this afternoon !

• Like 3