Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 31/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Warning of Rain for London & South East England :

Greater London, Bracknell Forest, Hampshire, Surrey, Windsor and Maidenhead, Kent, Southampton, West Sussex, Wokingham, Isle of Wight, Portsmouth, Brighton and Hove, East Sussex, Medway & Slough

Yellow Warning of Rain for East of England :

Thurrock

A spell of heavy rain is likely to affect southeastern parts of England during the first half of Saturday, clearing eastwards early in the afternoon. A further 20 to 30 mm of rain is likely in places and much of this could fall within a 6-hour period. Further heavy showers may occur later on Saturday.

The public should be aware of the risk of further localised surface water flooding and disruption to travel.

Issued at:

1140 on Fri 3 Jan 2014

Valid from:

0005 on Sat 4 Jan 2014

Valid to:

1400 on Sat 4 Jan 2014

A spell of heavy rain is likely to affect southeastern parts of England during the first half of Saturday, clearing eastwards early in the afternoon. A further 20 to 30 mm of rain is likely in places and much of this could fall within a 6-hour period. Further heavy showers may occur later on Saturday.

The public should be aware of the risk of further localised surface water flooding and disruption to travel.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=se&from=rss&sn=BD6FEB14-C89C-538D-EF92-57D0B61910FF_1_SE&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1388793600

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Very heavy shower just passed through and strong wind. No hail or thunder though. It looks very grey out there now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Just heavy rain here and wind has dropped back down for now. Wonder if any more of these showers will come along down here.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Missed that but the wind is howling round the house here. wow wheelie bins and everything.........

I'm in work in RM10, so maybe back home there was no thunder?

Seems to be brightening up here at the moment.  Wonder whats next? Kitchen sink maybe ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Just had a squally shower, with hail - no thunder, although I was half expecting some.

God, this weather is dreadful now! :(

• Like 2

Posted

Off to MK now anyway, see you all later and I hope I might see some more action!

Always plenty of action in MK Posted Image

I think the worst of this lot passed to the south though....I bet the shopping mall is busy today, I'm not going anywhere near the centre until the sales are over !

Posted

Always plenty of action in MK Posted Image

I think the worst of this lot passed to the south though....I bet the shopping mall is busy today, I'm not going anywhere near the centre until the sales are over !

shouldnt that be your not going to sail past the shopping mall :D

brightening up here but radar showing another belt of rain. ho hum; its winter after all :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Massive short but nasty hail storm over us  earlier...huge stones and high winds. There was a multiple car pile up on the A41 near Bourne End / Hemel Hempstead during the storm....no serious injuries thank goodness.

Posted

Gone dark and drizzly wondering if I should collect the ducks and chickens fromarround the garden before they get blown away :/

Hi Looby probably a bit late but yew I would get them safely indoors,we have a lot worse to come me thinks....Chris

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Unbelievably stupid....Why would you take children so close to the sea in weather like this?

Posted Image£££-Man-and-children-drenched-in-Cornwall-2983660.jpg

I may be jumping to conclusion here but some people don't deserve children, this is so irresponsible! 

• Like 4

Posted

Unbelievably stupid....Why would you take children so close to the sea in weather like this?

Precisley! some people need their head examining!............. mind you; its given me a thought about perhaps taking SWMBD to see the sea :lol:

Posted

I agree, very silly, I don't think they thought the water would go over the wall. Not everyone follows the weather like us.

Posted

Precisley! some people need their head examining!............. mind you; its given me a thought about perhaps taking SWMBD to see the sea Posted Image

Mind you there are some people I can think of who I wouldn't mind seeing getting washed out to sea Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Well the sun is out now here in the City!! Unbelievable.

Next Blob incoming!

Posted

Sudden enormous hail storm, big bits of ice, looked out, everywhere white, car alarms going off, some thunder, some very wet walkers in the street.Yet it was warm this morning again.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

http://www.bmyc.org.uk/links/webcams.asp

stupid people on Brighton Beach, two people already dead in the last month here from being too close :-( and yet they still risk it...

had a five minute downpour of sleety rain and now the sun is trying to make an appearance.

Posted

Looks like the extreme SE corner is missing the worst of it, for a change. Some squally showers but no hail or thunder so far. The sun's come out now, which has the unfortunate effect of making the dogs arrive mob-handed (mob-pawed?) and demand the walk they didn't have earlier. Trouble is, the woods are just filthily muddy, and the missus is getting most upset about constantly following them around with a mop.

• Like 2

Posted

Looks like the extreme SE corner is missing the worst of it, for a change. Some squally showers but no hail or thunder so far. The sun's come out now, which has the unfortunate effect of making the dogs arrive mob-handed (mob-pawed?) and demand the walk they didn't have earlier. Trouble is, the woods are just filthily muddy, and the missus is getting most upset about constantly following them around with a mop.

I'll be happy if it stays that way hate thunder storms.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 2

Posted

http://www.bmyc.org.uk/links/webcams.aspstupid people on Brighton Beach, two people already dead in the last month here from being too close :-( and yet they still risk it...had a five minute downpour of sleety rain and now the sun is trying to make an appearance.

It is evolution in action.

Posted

Well the sun is out now here in the City!! Unbelievable.

Next Blob incoming!

anyone else think that the big radar image west of London looks like a country on a map?? maybe India/Pakistan/Nepal?

OK, i know, i read too much into these things :lol:

• Like 2

Posted

Getting Darker in the City of London again, and rain starting too.

We now have blue sky and even a bit of sunshine......how quickly it changes.

Edited by Moore1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Today is a fun day to be a courier!

Gusty winds, hail, rain... Tho not come across any thunder / lighting as of yet.

Pic of sky over new Cross.

post-17057-0-82140300-1388758061_thumb.j

Edited by anything-but
  • Like 4