Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 31/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

you have back garden contractors! Posted Image

Hee hee

No ...no ..no ...no....YES!....Vicar/Mr Dibley!

(They're called Southern Water muppets for a reason - not their fault..more on that later!)

I really DO need the rain to stop now please.....can we all send some nice vibes to whoever please?

I have not had one night/day without weather-related interruption since 23rd Dec.

I'm very tired..,....and so is Numpty my poor house-guest.

Between us we have been doing split shifts throughout the holiday break to keep the house, the neighbors, the piggies, Tiggy thye cat,  and the contractors safe and sewage/flood-free from this weather.

xxxx

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Hee heeNo ...no ..no ...no....YES!....Vicar/Mr Dibley!(They're called Southern Water muppets for a reason - not their fault..more on that later!)

I really DO need the rain to stop now please.....can we all send some nice vibes to whoever please?

I have not had one night/day without weather-related interruption since 23rd Dec.I'm very tired..,....and so is Numpty my poor house-guest.

Between us we have been doing split shifts throughout the holiday break to keep the house, the neighbors, the piggies, Tiggy thye cat,  and the contractors safe and sewage/flood-free from this weather.

xxxx

Cough *sending vibes*

still raining here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Very heavy rain here, big convective drops featured too. I'm fearing the worst for all of the rivers especially as this rain just looks to be relentless for the coming days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow, snow......... Snow

Is there anymore rain forecast for my area overnight? It had gone very quiet during Sherlock (excellent new series by the way). Wnd has picked up in the last few minutes though.

Edited by Whereisthesnow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Torrential rain and hail here. Winds are pretty gusty too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Rain stopped and wind died down considerably now in Ippy. But it's a tad chilly still.

Been trying to fathom out how to download a prog' from the 'On Demand' Sky feature. Why must life be so complicated. Or is it just me being a dim-wit? :(

Oh well....at least Terence the Caterpillar is quite content munching on his leaves. :)

• Like 4

Posted

ecm ensembles

and better news at least

temps

Posted Image

ecm main run not an outlier

infact plenty of colder ensembles

note the yellow mean line on the way down Posted Image

wind

Posted Image

tomorrow

friday

and sunday look windy but not over the top

other than that gfs throws a huge outlier on the 9th

rainfall

Posted Image

looks wet up to the 8th

then finally looks like drying out Posted Image

in my eyes these look okPosted Image

• Like 7

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon

Just been in the mad thread ! ? Oh er ? ! Trolling going on ,just the usual really . It seems finally looking as though we are heading for a change ,thank god ! Rain & wind has been relentless all b****dy day ! Seems though we've got a while to go yet , just feel so sorry for all the poor people who have been so affected with all the bad weather , and I sincerely hope things don't get any worse ,not the greatest start to the new year ! But it's the weather & we can't really do much about it ,but best wishes that everything gets sorted soon x

• Like 5

Posted

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gefs_cartes.php?ech=300&code=8&mode=0&carte=0

no.8 would be interesting Posted Image

gfs ensembles

Posted Image

fi 10th onwards

certainly starting to see a dryer set here as well though

should be interesting seeing the 12z runs tomorrow

Posted

Erm....is it my imagination...or has the site font changed? It looks different somehow.

It's raining again and I'm watching a doc' about a bus-sized meteor landing on Earth. :O

Oh, it's gone back to normal now. How odd. (Shrugs shoulders and goes back to TV) :)

Edited by Keraunophile
  • Like 1

Posted

Erm....is it my imagination...or has the site font changed? It looks different somehow.

It's raining again and I'm watching a doc' about a bus-sized meteor landing on Earth. Posted Image

i suppose it would make a change from rain k Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Just been out for last ciggie aaaand it's much calmer with just a breeze and the sky is clear and I can see the stars.

So, I love rough, stormy weather but enough's enough already and I'd like to see clear, frosty sunny days or some lovely deep snow.

What are the chances, guys?

Night night and here's to some snow and/or sparkle very soon. :)

Oh dear.....John Hurt has just burst. (Watching bits of Alien :D )

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Just been out for last ciggie aaaand it's much calmer with just a breeze and the sky is clear and I can see the stars.

So, I love rough, stormy weather but enough's enough already and I'd like to see clear, frosty sunny days or some lovely deep snow.

What are the chances, guys?

Night night and here's to some snow and/or sparkle very soon. Posted Image

Oh dear.....John Hurt has just burst. (Watching bits of Alien Posted Image )

they are running that again?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

Stll lhere with the engineer whose was abandoned 6hrs ago....Fed/watered ....now watching Oblivionxxxx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning all.

Clear start to the day, standard as I'm back to work today Posted Image

Posted

Morning All, hope everyone's ok, finally stopped raining in drenched, dirty Dartford, went down the town yesterday and looked at the river darenth as it passes past the church certainly was a lot deeper than normal and the level was up to the bottom of the seats. Certainly the flood defences which they put in some years ago have saved dirty Dartford from severe flooding.

The wife has got work today as no doubt a lot of you have, so have a good day, hope everybody dry and not to much damage has been caused by the wind and rain, let's hope that johns right about it looking like a dry spell in around a weeks time and that the temperatures are on the way down, it would be nice to have a spell of cold frosty mornings, although the last one we had put paid to my windscreen, must remember to get a new one fitted.

As I said before I'm a bit of a Luddite when it comes to computers and their functions, even being a designer of complex systems, which involves use of computers and their associated programmes, I still test these by reverting to the good old fashion way off pen and paper plus brain power, people think I'm mad that I use these programmes to check my own calculations and not use the computer version as the answer, all I can say is my way works. But I have very little trust in what the computer tell me, I suppose I'm lucky I got brought up when you had to calculate everything, I still got all the formulas, charts etc going back to the 19th (yes 19th) century in my shed and I still occasionally refer to these. Think I gone a bit off the track there (yes I know I'm never been on track), all I was meant to be asking when I had to go to my information on the forum I notice I got 2 friends chilly milly and coast (thanks) anybody know what these are for / do? I never had friends before and I don't the protocol, any advice would be appreciated, wouldn't want to upset people by not acknowledging them in the correct manner if I am meant to.

Temperature is 6.1c and pressure rising so might be a decent day, clouds what are about are high, and yes, there's blue sky about. Hope everyone has a great day whatever your doing.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, blue sky summers, misty,frosty autumns!

Good morning all.

It's those rarest of things - a morning without rain and wind! I know it won't last, but it's nice all the same.

Very still here at the moment, and the temp is currently 5.4.

• Like 1