Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Severe Atlantic Storms over the Christmas & New Year period

stubbys

Posted

Its here, gust of 58.2mph, gone crazy in an instant. Pressure rising fast.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Twig shaker here too far south once again.  Max gust 49mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

Very wet & windy here, this LP approaching for New Years Day looks potentially nasty!

Posted

Might be where we're a bit elevated, but I'm in central London on the 6th floor at work and the wind is HOWLING around the office. We do have really old windows though, so might be exacerbating it a bit.

cant see out the windows here (frosted glass), but apart from it getting dark around 12:30 i've not heard any strong gusts of wind by St James. just shows how a difference in streets or building will put a different perspective on things.:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Wind starting to howl around the house and roof now here with higher gusts - nothing too serious but very active all of a sudden within the last 10 mins or so...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Might be where we're a bit elevated, but I'm in central London on the 6th floor at work and the wind is HOWLING around the office. We do have really old windows though, so might be exacerbating it a bit.

Do you still have your Netatmo running? :)
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Do you still have your Netatmo running? Posted Image

Yep! I love it, it's been amazingly accurate too. And it has it's own weather warnings, and works with the Meteoalarm App too. It's been awesome with the recent Storms.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Yep! I love it, it's been amazingly accurate too. And it has it's own weather warnings, and works with the Meteoalarm App too. It's been awesome with the recent Storms.

Sweet! I have a vantage vue but I don't have a PC to run the software for my site anymore. I do have a droid tablet though and the Netatmo is right up my street when it comes to stats!I've also read that they will be releasing a rain sensor for it in the next couple of months, and an anemometer later in the year. :)

GFS about 10mb shallower on this run for the storm on the 6th January. Still a whole week to go, so it may become even less of an issue/deepen more on further runs.

Posted Image

As for todays storm, nothing really out of the usual here - Max gust was 35mph, and 10mm of rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Don't look to far ahead...but...

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

There just looks to be no end in sight for all of this active, rainy, stormy weather. It is a bit hard to break out of when the coldest air within the Northern hemisphere over Canada is meeting a very benign plume of 10-15c uppers. Perfect recipe for a 'bugatti veyron' like jet stream!

• Like 1

Posted

It sad to see the deaths and damage these storms bring but i hope a mighty storm comes in that makes me go wow i would take these storms over snow anyday of  the week i find them awesome to watch. 

Posted

Had another night of strong winds and rain. The rain was very intense earlier, with a bit of a squall line going through. Brief respite but looking at the radar it will start again soon.

Looking at the local river levels yesterday I would say we will have a few bursting their banks by now

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Some very strong winds over Ireland on the 3nd, then Northern England. Severe around S/W coast Ire/and Irish Sea

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

One to keep an eye on. Wasn't modelled earlier this week to produce anything very much. The exact track will and actual development will determine whether it's a leave rustler or a tree twister.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Wheres our snow very dissapointing for coldies.

I think it's a fair bet that you won't see any this year.
  • Like 1