Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 24/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, blue sky summers, misty,frosty autumns!

Merry Christmas everyone. Hope you all have a good day today whatever you are doing, and the weather doesn't spoil your enjoyment of the day.

Sons currently opening presents and cats enjoying the wrapping paper!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning all

Merry Christmas.  Just about to do some last minute wrapping and then the washing up.  My birds have just been given their present, some posh nosh nut and seed bars.

Whilst not exactly a white christmas here, we did get a touch of frost.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Merry Christmas everyone I hope you all enjoy your day I had a very busy and lucrative day yesterday fixing peeps TV aerials and sky dishes bring on Friday :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning all. Clear skies, chill in the air. Solid Christmas day weather. Not perfect but better than the last two at least :)

Posted

Well worked out the time for Dr Who tonight, now just need to remember how the set the timer to record it, as I know I will get carried away with friends and family and forget to keep an eye on the time later to watch it (I always do).

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all

Merry Christmas.  Just about to do some last minute wrapping and then the washing up.  My birds have just been given their present, some posh nosh nut and seed bars.

happy christmas all, here it seems clear and bright, we are all mad, my birds have got some very posh seed mix as well.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Happy Christmas everyone! Bright sunshine while kids unwrapping presents but now turned ominously dark.... I'm 10mins from Leatherhead which has seriously bad flooding so we cud really do without more rain!xx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Merry Christmas everyone, I hope you all have a great day! Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Merry Christmas to all. That was certainly a fierce storm - lost 5 or 6 tall trees in the woodland at the back of us. Tried to get to a camping shop yesterday which is 5 miles from us as the power was out from about 2am onwards, but many roads were closed and even the open ones were flooding. Where the River Rother had burst its banks, the road was under 2ft of very fast flowing water. We abandoned the journey and went to the pub instead which has a generator. And beer.

Our power came back on at 3pm and has (touch wood) been stable since. Heartfelt thanks to all the network engineers for what must have been a nightmare of a day. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Just found out there were a couple of small landslides on scargate cliff. One of them put a tree in one of my friends gardens. They were very lucky cause it didn't hit their house.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Posted

Some heavy showers this morning with a bit of hail, and I'm sure I heard thunder a few min ago! The power at the inlaws in Ifield came back on around 8 this morning, but no heating (gas) so we're still not sure where xmas dinner is going to be held! At least my two boys are enjoying their Robofish and DinoBite game! 

Hopefully everyone has and is having a great xmas day!

Posted

happy christmas all, here it seems clear and bright, we are all mad, my birds have got some very posh seed mix as well.

My female tiel was into one of them before I could fasten it to the inside of the cage, bless her.

Well nearly time for friends and family here so need to prepare. See you all later maybe and hope you all have a grand day.

Posted

not to worry people reg Friday storm  this a update from another  site

"Becoming very windy or stormy again during the evening of St. Stephen's Day, continuing overnight and for much of Friday. 

Southeast winds, becoming southwest during the evening, will increase to 55-75 km/h, with gusts of 90 to 120 km/h, and up to 130 km/hr in some coastal areas, leading to further disruption and possible damage."

Posted

just had  a look at the radar their looks like some very livery  showers in the English  channel  at the moment

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Merry Christmas everyone, hope you all have a wonderful day! Just put the pigs in blankets in and opened a beer already! Dont mind if I do!! :p 

Weatherwise, it looks relatively peaceful with clear blue skies. The calm before this beast arrives within the next 48 hours. Also, what are the chances of hearing thunder 2 years in a row now on Christmas day on the S Coast, extraordinary!! 

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

yup, thunder and lightning with hail for the second xmas day running!...more looking likely later as a warm front approaches off the channel.

merry xmas people :-)

• Like 2

Posted

just had  a look at the radar their looks like some very livery  showers in the English  channel  at the moment

Those showers are packing a punch as they head our way in segments Posted Image

Parts of January will turn a lot colder. Snow on the cards is a strong possibility Posted Image

Posted

Hope we've not too much more rain to come today as the River Medway is still rising. Merry Christmas everyone, have a great day and stay safe.

Posted Image

Updated the terrible conditions many are facing right now on my blogs. My thoughts are with them all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Just had a quick skim through the thread, from yesterday evening and really sorry to hear that news of your uncle, Greenhithe.

Merry Christmas to all, hope you all have a nice time today with friends and family.

Interesting to hear of reports of Christmas day thunder, I can only remember one in my experience, during a Thames snow streamer in 1970, a magical Christmas, with more snow showers on Boxing Day.

Posted Image

Let's hope we see charts like these at some point during January! Posted Image

I'm off now to prepare the Christmas dinner for my son and daughter and have some family time and togetherness. Posted Image Posted Image 

Lets all wish for peace and harmony in the New Year and bucket loads of snow eventually, after all, you have to have Belief....Posted Image 

Tom.

Edited by Kentish CZ
  • Like 4