Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 24/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Yuck!  I checked the weather this morning before heading out to family festivities...mild and dry enough to leave the horses out....now absolutely hammering down with icy rain....luckily home in time to get them in...One of them is an old lady of over 30 and must not get too cold and chilled....ah well, that's weather for you!

Glag you got them in, Horses here are stabled overnight but rugged by day too.

Cold out now, but dry, Friday's return to work is looking dicey.

Edited by Jax

Posted

hi exodus

at present 40-50 mph winds should not really effect them too much

although i assume it will come down to direction of wind and whether it effects

landing and taking off

very heavy rain is the tricky bit as not sure whether this will effect them

might be worth waiting until tomorrow to see whether they warn of any delays

http://www.heathrowairport.com/flight-information

hopefully link above will help

That's really helpful thanks. Flying to Cyprus Friday lunchtime and delays mean the difference between arriving at the house at 10pm but getting it all sorted by midnight (barring freezing cold beds) and arriving in the early hours of the morning and hopefully just collapsing into freezing cold beds, as long as the storms haven't removed the roof. Will keep checking the Heathrow link you posted - thanks again:)

Nice day here, mostly clear with some cloud. Walking dog this evening we went out in cold frosty conditions and returned to melting frost and rain shortly after.

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 1

Posted

Posted Image

gfs main run not an outlier Posted Image

18z run so have to keep realistic

but charts starting to have a better look to them now

it looks like we should start to lose the atlantic train as we head into january

then the fun should start Posted Image

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Confused now over what will happen on Friday...had a journey with my son planned..I suspect a quiet day in may be the safer optionPosted Image

Posted

hi ravendale

friday looks horrid

i do not see it as bad as the other night but will still be windy

and the rain is the problem which is really not helpful

tomorrow should clear up the track confusion in the models

Posted

Confused now over what will happen on Friday...had a journey with my son planned..I suspect a quiet day in may be the safer optionPosted Image

think it all depends on the time and place

Posted

Looks dewy out, no frost but everything soaked. Hope your Christmas went as well as possibly in the circumstances.

Our grand draughtier had a great day, really spoilt, but that's what's Christmas is all about isn't it?

My favourite dinner of the year, cold turkey, ham and beef, mashed potatoes, pork pie, colslaws, pickles, oh the thought of it, is making my mouth water. Of course Boxing Day, is the great sporting day, and I'm off to the valley of dreams (nightmare recently) to see the mighty Addicks take on the lads from Brighton for an entertaining affair, may the best team win (along as its Charlton, otherwise I take a draw).

I knew I shouldn't have ventured onto a cricket site to see what the ashes score was, that started my day off badly, trouble with cricket however is that you never know what a good score is until the second teams bat.

Have a great day what ever your doing, just a shame that the greedy shopping centres and shops have got to open, don't see the need, so I always boycott these places, but I don't think nobody notices :-). Whatever you do enjoy yourselves.

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. It was quite foggy over by the river first thing but 'appen it's clearing now.

I hope you all, and your loved ones,had a lovely day yesterday. I did, but still not feeling 100%. At least the weather was kind.

Take care everyone....and have a really great Boxing Day. :)

• Like 2

Tomorrow has been upgraded greatly imo.. Tomorrow morning gusting 55-65mph 70-75mph on the coast and then the rain :( loads more of it!

Then we have Monday... That's another story..

WARNING FOR ANYBODY NEAR THE THAMES!!

THE THAMES AT WINDSOR IS VERY HIGH AND NOW BURSTING ITS BANKS I URGE ANYBODY WITHIN STAINES,EGHAM,AND SURRONDING AREAS TO CHECK WARNINGS!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Tomorrow has been upgraded greatly imo.. Tomorrow morning gusting 55-65mph 70-75mph on the coast and then the rain Posted Image loads more of it!

Then we have Monday... That's another story..

WARNING FOR ANYBODY NEAR THE THAMES!!

THE THAMES AT WINDSOR IS VERY HIGH AND NOW BURSTING ITS BANKS I URGE ANYBODY WITHIN STAINES,EGHAM,AND SURRONDING AREAS TO CHECK WARNINGS!

Great not more flooding surely, I hope it doesn't get to much higher.

Great not more flooding surely, I hope it doesn't get to much higher.

Current obvs of the storm: 

http://aviationweather.gov/obs/sat/intl/

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/isobaric/1000hPa/orthographic=-22.13,40.71,862

Forecast currently (still expect changes)

6AM this morning going by the GFS.. Low now looks slightly further south IMO in real time..

Posted Image

General focus is on rain this time not wind..

I expect tomorrow morning between 3-8am to see the strongest gusts in our region..

Rain:

Midnight..

Posted Image

3am..

Posted Image

6am..

Posted Image

9am..

Posted Image

12pm.. clearing the region..

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

morning all

fine day had yesterday, must admit one did grow tired in the evening (so used to being up early and away the same).

Looks like we had a light shower of rain here at some point, cool out too, been out getting the car ready for tomorrows return to work.  need to get some milk too so a trip to the shop is required.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Wow Maidstones had it bad my friend called me yesterday in a flap saying the main road in and out was under water stay safe everyone and out of the water even if you have a 4x4 remember it's not a boat

• Like 3

Posted

Just been looking at the TV guide and see we have the same old fayre of tv being dished out.  No wonder many drink at Christmas Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted

saw  the news this  morning reg  byfleet  dont go there shopping flooded!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Shopping!!! I couldn't afford it now. :( Got another family dinner to go to and I feel like a wet lettuce. I could cry off but I know I'd be regarded as a Miz ogg (family speak for 'misery')

Fog has lifted now and sun trying to peep through.

• Like 1

Posted

Best wishes and hopes to all those in areas suffering flooding and storm damage and hope tonight/tomorrow goes by without any more incidents.  Been following events on the news and whilst it is never a good thing to have to deal with, it is even worse at this time of year.

Was happy to see the British *resolve* coming into play by many affected, even in such conditions many carry on and make the best of a situation (roast turkey on the BBQ for example).

Good luck and deity bless you all.

• Like 1

Posted

Shopping!!! I couldn't afford it now. Posted Image Got another family dinner to go to and I feel like a wet lettuce. I could cry off but I know I'd be regarded as a Miz ogg (family speak for 'misery')

Fog has lifted now and sun trying to peep through.

know the feeling, regards shopping, I am now down to essentials only for the rest of the pay month ( that means ages till I get payed again ) but milk is needed for cups of tea and I like my tea.

Posted

Rather cold and quite misty morning out there. Keeping a careful eye on how tomorrow evolves and fingers crossed we take off reasonably close to our planned departure time at midday from Heathrow; areas not far from here having severe flooding right now, so we are hoping this doesn't make things worse as well.

Planning, in the meantime, on another day lazing around the house and thoughts are with those whose Christmas has been affected by the weather - as Jax says, never a good time for these events, but always seems worse over Christmas.

Have a lovely Boxing Day everyone.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning. Cloudy and calm here. Looks like there was some heavy showers last night. Feel bad for all those effected by flooding. Just hope tomorrow won't be too bad (unfortunately it's more in hope than any real belief)

Posted

Morning. Cloudy and calm here. Looks like there was some heavy showers last night. Feel bad for all those effected by flooding. Just hope tomorrow won't be too bad (unfortunately it's more in hope than any real belief)

Sadly I think your right Matt.

Posted

here the  latest shipping  forecast

Strong winds are forecast
24 hour forecast: Wind Westerly 4 or 5, backing southerly 7 to severe gale 9 later. Sea state Slight or moderate, becoming rough later. Weather Showers, rain later. Visibility Good, occasionally poor.
Outlook for the following 24 hours: Wind Southerly veering southwesterly 7 to severe gale 9, decreasing 5 or 6 later. Sea state Rough becoming moderate. Weather Rain then showers. Visibility Moderate or poor becoming good.