Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 24/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

I thought this is the weather that's been predicted since at least monday?

Or did i dream that Friday was going to be like this with 70mph gusts in our area?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Getting rather gusty now near Gatwick.

• Like 1

Posted

Have we any more updates as to possible winds here in Croydon area - just wondering whether to sleep at the front of the house where there are less trees 

Wind will strengthen and peak in the SE from 03:00 - 07:00 with 50 - 70 mph wind gusts

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Properly windy now, just liberated my bay tree from the neighbours garden!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Crikey!! It's going mad out there. The wind is really rattling the windows now. :O

Posted

After the METO reduced their warnings earlier in the week, I've kind of ignored tonight, but is it me, or is it already windier than was forecast?!

Definitely seems much windier that I expected... But I do have big buildings to my North and it does cause the wind to funnel, but still some big gusts every now and then and building.

A couple more pots just fell over as I was typing!

Posted

Canada and brazil not having a good time of it weather wise either ! Wind really getting up pup doesn't want to go out so I carried her out the last storm put her off bless her Posted Image

Hope everyone had a lovely christmas x

And many parts of the Caribbean are having severe flooding & landslides too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

The sustained winds seem a little weaker than earlier in the week, (but not by a lot IMO) but the gusts seem to be really picking up now! This is a surprise as I thought this one was supposedly a notch or two down from Monday?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Is it me or is tonight's storm much worse than we expected it to be ? I saw this earlier on met monkey...

post-10773-0-81717200-1388108862_thumb.j

...I didn't take much notice as I thought it would just be Ireland and Northern England that bore the brunt - maybe it's because the bins are out and blowing down the road or maybe it's because I watched Wizard of Oz earlier and had been dreaming I was Dorothy but it's unusual for me to get woken by wind !

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

Is it me or is tonight's storm much worse than we expected it to be ? I saw this earlier on met monkey...

Posted Imageimage.jpg

...I didn't take much notice as I thought it would just be Ireland and Northern England that bore the brunt - maybe it's because the bins are out and blowing down the road or maybe it's because I watched Wizard of Oz earlier and had been dreaming I was Dorothy but it's unusual for me to get woken by wind !

I think you are right, this seems to be winding itself up, tarps in my back garden covering bits and pieces, that easily coped with Mondays wind have just taken flight!!

Posted

The sustained winds seem a little weaker than earlier in the week, (but not by a lot IMO) but the gusts seem to be really picking up now! This is a surprise as I thought this one was supposedly a notch or two down from Monday?

Intense energy is pounding earth which is having a big influence on this storm, hence more adverse than previously predicted. The wind gust will definitely reach 50 - 70 mph +/- in many parts of the SE from 03:00 - 07:00 hrs

Edited by yamkin

Posted

Intense energy is pounding earth which is having a big influence on this storm, hence more adverse than previously predicted. The wind gust will definitely reach 70 mph +/- in many parts of the SE from 03:00 - 07:00 hrs

Thanks Yamkin....could this intense energy have been predicted/factored in? Or has this been overlooked on the forecasts? If gusts reach/exceed 70mph in the SE in the next few hours, people are going to wake to damage and questions (I'm sure) will be asked?
  • Like 1

Posted

Intense energy is pounding earth which is having a big influence on this storm, hence more adverse than previously predicted. The wind gust will definitely reach 50 - 70 mph +/- in many parts of the SE from 03:00 - 07:00 hrs

Intense energy is pounding Earth? Do you mean solar energy, and if so, how would it be affecting this low pressure system?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow, snow......... Snow

Definitely seems worse then Mondays storm. I live in a Victorian house in Bexley and slept through most of the winds. My wife's parents house has double glazing and the gusts keep waking me up!

Posted

Got to say that this is a worry here. The noise coming down the chimney is as bad as it got on Christmas Eve. We're still some hours from the peak winds. Can't help but think that this one has been seriously underestimated.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Some of the gusts here are really roaring I wonder if they have reached 60 already.

Edit: met office says yes, 61 is the high for the moment.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 1